Camping, Glamping, Bikamping

Some people say what a sad/boring world it would be if we all thought alike. It just occurred to me if everyone agreed with one persons choice in an RV, place to go, way to get there, mate to have while doing it, we would all be competing for scarce resources indeed.
Nobody goes there anymore...It's too crowded ...

This last fall we spent a month in Moab Utah. I noticed a lot of the van type campers, the Sprinter type. I was looking inside one from afar while the owner had the door open. It looked nice but cramped. I never seriously considered buying one but priced then anyway. It looks they start at $60,000 and it’s easy to spend over $100,000. We rented what I considered a nice house for the entire month for $4,000. Not cheap but still seems better deal than a camper unless your really into it.

I realize it’s a lifestyle and a choice. I’m not sure if you’d call it glamping or not but I did some last week. You know, you fall asleep in your recliner then wake up and stagger into bed. Is that glamping?
That's one of up to five guys on a fishing trip ... not glamorous.

Some people say what a sad/boring world it would be if we all thought alike. It just occurred to me if everyone agreed with one persons choice in an RV, place to go, way to get there, mate to have while doing it, we would all be competing for scarce resources indeed.

I sure never said it was for everyone, did I. 😆

I wait for glamping definition of present day "Glamping " from ebikers on the mainland USA. Be nice to know what they got. Do I need a rifle?
Usually just a 12 pack of good beer. Maybe a fishing pole , but guns aren't usually recommended in campgrounds AFAIK .

I wait for glamping definition of present day "Glamping " from ebikers on the mainland USA. Be nice to know what they got. Do I need a rifle?
This is an interesting question that I can answer for the unsupported e bike touring glamping.
I did pull into a camp group with other bicycle tourists there who were not on e bikes. My e bike is big, in your face, 200 mile range and pulling a big trailer. The comments that I received from the other bicycle travelers was
OMG you have:
A dog with you with two dog dishes, food, DOG TOYS, poop bags and a harness/leash
A real memory pillow
An Electric heater
A cooler with ice, beer, steak and milk.
A real Chair
Street cloths
Another pair of shoes
A real towel and washcloth

These were all things that they would never considered carrying even one of the items, let alone all of them. To them, I was definitely glamping and living the easy life.

The first reference to glamping that I am familiar with, was pictures of a safari style tent with a real bed in it, furniture and nice rugs. The bed was all done up in lacy fru fru stuff. Resorts were trying to attract people to pay a lot of money for a luxurious tent. Showers and toilets were in another building. Sunset Magazine wrote quite a bit about glamping and most likely still does.

That is to entice the women... Doesnt appeal to mean with all the fru fru stuff.. They have a couple places like that on the road up to Zion national part coming from Hurricane...Looks cool at night when the tents are lit from the inside.. They glow in the dark.

You can rent that for a year? How much?

Envy people who can do it... maybe some day.. hope to travel full time.. keep the house and come back when homesick.. Plan is to drive alaska in a few years with the wife and grand daughter..

That is to entice the women... Doesnt appeal to mean with all the fru fru stuff.. They have a couple places like that on the road up to Zion national part coming from Hurricane...Looks cool at night when the tents are lit from the inside.. They glow in the dark.
I saw a set of those "Glamping Tents" once empty . They were heavy white vinyl set up on a wooden platform without any decorations, just foam furniture on the floor, and though they looked like they had seen several seasons of use, they smelled strongly of plastic. 😥

I'll have to check out the one to Dinosaur Park. Sounds interesting.

BTW, I've replied to a few threads from Dodge Man on the TractorByNet forum. Is that you? I'm known as bdhsfz6 over there.
Me on a tractor forum? That would be me.

Me on a tractor forum? That would be me.
I've seen a few e-bike posts on TBN but never tractor posts here. Perhaps one will show up in the off topic section.

For me, there is a relationship between the two. I occasionally do volunteer work with one of my tractors on a nearby rail trail.

I've seen a few e-bike posts on TBN but never tractor posts here. Perhaps one will show up in the off topic section.

For me, there is a relationship between the two. I occasionally do volunteer work with one of my tractors on a nearby rail trail.
My neighbor Charlie, who srill rides his conventional bike at age 85 plus, is involved in an antique tractor club. They have square dances on tractors, and he is the caller. I couldn't make that up.

My neighbor Charlie, who srill rides his conventional bike at age 85 plus, is involved in an antique tractor club. They have square dances on tractors, and he is the caller. I couldn't make that up.
Dances on tractors? Or on trailers behind the tractors?

Dances on tractors? Or on trailers behind the tractors?
The tractors are the ones doing the dancing. I haven't seen it, so I don't know how a tractor does a dosey doe, but it's a thing here.

Back