Camera Options (Which is Best?)

Heres a pic of my new ride.

29erbionx.PNG

Waiting to do some upgrades before I mount the rear view camera and dry bag

I haven't setup my rear cam yet, just on Batman's Stromer. He says he loves it but wishes the battery life per battery could be longer between switch outs (AVG 1 HR). The wireless chip drains the internal battery faster when on (obviously). He did order a few extras so it isnt a big deal just a hassle. We have a lot of hills where we live, when coming down a hill, he loves that he doesn't have to turn his neck traveling @ >55km and can still see what the cars are doing behind him.

Looks like its catching on

That sounds amazing... :D maybe post a full picture of your bike or a video of the rear view video. My mind is getting boggled here.
Court, I think you're the guy to ask: How did you do that amazing video review of the ELF bicycle-car? I would think you had an assistance riding in the back seat with a video camera on a boom, but he was awfully good at keeping himself out of view. Is that how you did it? Do you mind sharing what kind of video equipment you use?

I use the VIRB handlebar mounted in timelapse mode pretty regularly. Makes for an entertaining record of a ride.

For 'dashcam' work though, I prefer my old Contour helmet mounted. Smaller, lighter, and much easier to mount on the side of a helmet.

I like the Sony AS-100. It has decent image stabilization, a GPS, and works with a wrist monitor or smartphone link, to monitor what you are getting. This type of monitor is the only way I ever found to get a level picture, and the right amount of sky versus road. You can get a chest mount, which gives a nice 'bike' perspective, and a head mount, for $20 on Amazon. I think there is a newer version (AS-200), and maybe a 4k version, so the old one goes on sale a lot.

I've tried the sub-$100 dashcam cameras. They are jumpy, with no image stabilization, and the picture quality is lower. They can be fun.

This is a tediously long video of the west side of the small city where I live. The 'valley'. Houses in every price range.

Back