Brose S Drive Replacement Belt (USA)

joewag2

I need a replacement belt for my Brose S Drive Motor and live in the USA. Has anyone been successful in getting one in the USA??

My bike is a 2018 EasyMotion BH Atom Lynx 6 27.5 Pro and is 3 months out of warranty. Bike has 7,400 miles on it and worked until I let my sister use it. Contacted my Dealer in PA and Brose USA Support hasn't responded. I found one possible on PinkBike but he is sold out and doesn't know if he can get more. I contacted Crazy Lenny's and they said "Yea, we're one of the biggest sellers and we can pull some strings.", I asked "Could you please order me one." and was met with "NO, but good luck!" and they hung up! So far Brose USA Support seems non existent and they want everyone to send their motor back to Europe and NO DEALER SEEMS TO BE ABLE TO STOCK THEM. To me this in unacceptable. I also emailed BlueMonkey but got no response.

Please, if anyone at all can help me get on that is in the USA, Please contact me.

Joe Wagner
Danville, PA 17821
[email protected]

There are only a few manufacturers of belts for bicycles, Gates being the largest. If there are any markings on the belt contact the manufacturer of the belt, not Brose who just made the motor and BH has pulled out of the US so they probably won't be much help unless you can contact their EU facility.

I need a replacement belt for my Brose S Drive Motor and live in the USA. Has anyone been successful in getting one in the USA??

My bike is a 2018 EasyMotion BH Atom Lynx 6 27.5 Pro and is 3 months out of warranty. Bike has 7,400 miles on it and worked until I let my sister use it. Contacted my Dealer in PA and Brose USA Support hasn't responded. I found one possible on PinkBike but he is sold out and doesn't know if he can get more. I contacted Crazy Lenny's and they said "Yea, we're one of the biggest sellers and we can pull some strings.", I asked "Could you please order me one." and was met with "NO, but good luck!" and they hung up! So far Brose USA Support seems non existent and they want everyone to send their motor back to Europe and NO DEALER SEEMS TO BE ABLE TO STOCK THEM. To me this in unacceptable. I also emailed BlueMonkey but got no response.

Please, if anyone at all can help me get on that is in the USA, Please contact me.

Joe Wagner
Danville, PA 17821
[email protected]

Dan Jeffris is the chief US operations manager for Brose and you can find him on Linkedin and contact him. He should be able to help you. Take a look at this video.

My bike is a 2018 EasyMotion BH Atom Lynx 6 27.5 Pro and is 3 months out of warranty.
Bike has 7,400 miles on it and worked until I let my sister use it. Contacted my Dealer in PA and Brose USA Support hasn't responded. I found one possible on PinkBike but he is sold out and doesn't know if he can get more. I contacted Crazy Lenny's and they said "Yea, we're one of the biggest sellers and we can pull some strings.", I asked "Could you please order me one." and was met with "NO, but good luck!" and they hung up! So far Brose USA Support seems non existent and they want everyone to send their motor back to Europe and NO DEALER SEEMS TO BE ABLE TO STOCK THEM. To me this in unacceptable. I also emailed BlueMonkey but got no response.
Joe Wagner
Danville, PA 17821
[email protected]

Welcome to EBR and good luck with your repair.

The lesson here is... don't let your siblings borrow your bike! ;)

That is a commendable amount of mileage on a two/three year old bike! Please let us know if/when you find a replacement belt source. One day I may be in a similar situation. How is the rest of the bike holding up?

That is a commendable amount of mileage on a two/three year old bike! Please let us know if/when you find a replacement belt source. One day I may be in a similar situation. How is the rest of the bike holding up?

Will do! I'm going to do a full report so others don't waste their time and energy.

Joe

Hi Joe,
How is the belt hunt going? I recently purchased a Turbo Levo and after reading your post I'm starting to think I should have purchased the Giant Trance instead.

Joe, I work at a shop in AZ and have sent several motors to Brose for repairs. I will check to see if we can buy a belt or if we would need to send the motor to them to get the belt installed.
TOM

Hi Joe,
How is the belt hunt going? I recently purchased a Turbo Levo and after reading your post I'm starting to think I should have purchased the Giant Trance instead.
Oh no, Dave. I own a Trance E+, a great bike but would love to own a Levo... Be proud of your bike! And do not worry. Ride on!

This is just unacceptable that he can’t get a simple part for a motor transmission.

What good is a warranty if there are no parts??

This is just unacceptable that he can’t get a simple part for a motor transmission.

What good is a warranty if there are no parts??
Seems to me like having a warranty and having parts availabilty are mutuallly exclusive. Why would you want/need parts for something under warranty? Im not aware of many 'warrantable' parts that alllow the customer to fix them. Usually you void the warranty when you service it yourself.

There was guy(dundundata) on the mtbr ebike forums who sourced a belt and replaced it but it didnt work after that. No idea why, perhaps something needs to be reset in software if the unit is opened.

The bottom line: The Brose motors are not supposed to be serviced by the customer. People have mentioned having their motors serviced by Brose for $200, I think the recommended service interval is 10km. Im more of a DIY guy but I like the Brose so much compared to other systems that Im willing to go thru the trouble.

I have 2 brose bikes, 1 with about 5kmiles and one with 3kmiles. I plan on having their motors serviced by Brose around the 7kmiles mark.

None of the shimano/yamaha/bosch/brose etc.. are customer servicable. If thats what you want go with something by Bafang

FWIW, I also have a bike with Bafang Hub drive and ran a Bafang BBS02 for awhile(and hated it)

I’ve been through this with German parts for years. It’s not mutually exclusive, because if the dealer can’t get the part you can’t fix it either way. I’ve had cars down for months because we can’t get one $200 part for a $20k transmission.

A belt is an essential drive part, not a voidable warranty item. Drive belts should be widely available Like an alternator belt on a car.

Last edited:
Very interested in an update, and also more information on what happened to the original belt, how was it damaged.

I also have an Atom Lynx 6 Pro. Recently I had some noise that I found was the rear axle (which I've noticed someone else with the same problem has written about on this forum).

I sent an email to bh in spain recently. The individual I sent it to forwarded it to another individual, who has been very responsive. His email address is

[email protected]

His name is Lukasz Kuzniarz, and his email signature says Aftermarket Sales. There is also a phone number attached - +34 945180805 (Spain) Ext. 249

BH Bikes Europe S.L.

Lukasz Kuzniarz
Aftersales
+34 945180805 (Spain) Ext. 249

www.bhbikes.com

Joe Wagner
Danville, PA 17821
[email protected]
Can someone please tell me contact info for Brose USA? Are they now functional for servicing Brose motors in North America, or not? I am in Canada and i understand there is NO service for Brose motors in Canada.

Back