Biktrix 3rd tier support response....

AHicks

Region
USA
City
Snow Bird - Summer S.E. Michigan, Winter Gulf Coast North Central Fl.
Thought I'd share a response I received this evening to a question regarding available "tuning" from Biktrix on a new Juggernaut 1000 Ultra Hard Tail that I'm considering -

"The stock programming from Bafang is the best way to go for most cases - they have developed the programming to work well on the motor. However, for people who want to tinker on the bike further, programming changes can be made. They are not transformative changes, but they can be nice little tweaks. We can ship the bike with the stock programming and include a programming cable that you can use with a Windows computer to make changes as you wish.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,
Alex Willems
Customer Experience
Biktrix"

This after being told by a second tier support person that they "smooth" PAS response programming for free on new bikes, and any additional programming will be at 75.00 an hour. My question that generated the above response was "what programming is available at 75.00 an hour?

4 e-mails sent to get to tier 3 support. This after failed attempts at chat and telelphone, both suggesting I should "contact support".

I'm feeling as though I've been dismissed, and in response, will remove Biktrix from my list of potential vendors regarding the purchase of a Bafang Ultra based bike. Heard good things about Roshan's abilities, but you couldn't prove them by me! -Al

Last edited:
It's not that you are being dismissed... It's that they are full of s*it and that they can do nothing more than you can with the programming cable so they had nothing to say.

I put a deposit on a bike that's VERY similar, and with the 1200. I saved, can afford to modify any part of it if necessary, teach myself how to program to my tastes, and still be WAY ahead in the end.

They just made making that call MUCH easier....

I've had one for three years and would not change a thing regarding tuning. Zero complaints and I had question yesterday and they immediately got back with an answer.

Not here to condemn your purchase, but I got answers right away too. Problem is they were conflicting depending on who was writing back, AND the lack of an answer to a question I thought was pretty reasonable.

I was looking to justify the big price difference, and I didn't get it. No hard feelings, just time to move on.

I've had one for three years and would not change a thing regarding tuning. Zero complaints and I had question yesterday and they immediately got back with an answer.

Well which is it?
Roshan can dial them in perfectly. . or there's no need to change a thing?

AHicks, I am also looking at bikes using the Bafang ultra. You said you were "looking to justify the big price difference, and I didn't get it." What are the other bikes you have found with that motor that are less expensive that you are looking at? That would help me in my search for one for me. The other one besides biktrix that gets the best comments on this site with that motor is the watt wagon that pushkar has supposed to be the best at fine tuning and uses a new Achron x1 that people rave about. But that is way more expensive so not sure if I can ever afford to spend that much. So any help is appreciated. Thanks

Check out the Rize RX Pro. Not a lot of feedback, very little in fact, but it checked a lot of my boxes as far as hardware - and it comes standard with a 19ah battery....

BPM F1000 Ultra would be another.....

If I receive a solid bike, I'll take it from there. Generally prefer doing all of my own work anyway. I don't generally need or ask for a lot of support. In my mind, there's not a lot of point to paying a lot of extra money for support I'll never use/need. Not like we're talking about a local shop just a few miles away..... with a tech whose work I trust..... -Al

Check out the Rize RX Pro. Not a lot of feedback, very little in fact, but it checked a lot of my boxes as far as hardware - and it comes standard with a 19ah battery....

BPM F1000 Ultra would be another.....

If I receive a solid bike, I'll take it from there. Generally prefer doing all of my own work anyway. I don't generally need or ask for a lot of support. In my mind, there's not a lot of point to paying a lot of extra money for support I'll never use/need. Not like we're talking about a local shop just a few miles away..... with a tech whose work I trust..... -Al

...with only a few minutes looking at each, I liked the Rize over the BPM

Thought I'd share a response I received this evening to a question regarding available "tuning" from Biktrix on a new Juggernaut 1000 Ultra Hard Tail that I'm considering -

"The stock programming from Bafang is the best way to go for most cases - they have developed the programming to work well on the motor. However, for people who want to tinker on the bike further, programming changes can be made. They are not transformative changes, but they can be nice little tweaks. We can ship the bike with the stock programming and include a programming cable that you can use with a Windows computer to make changes as you wish.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,
Alex Willems
Customer Experience
Biktrix"

This after being told by a second tier support person that they "smooth" PAS response programming for free on new bikes, and any additional programming will be at 75.00 an hour. My question that generated the above response was "what programming is available at 75.00 an hour?

4 e-mails sent to get to tier 3 support. This after failed attempts at chat and telelphone, both suggesting I should "contact support".

I'm feeling as though I've been dismissed, and in response, will remove Biktrix from my list of potential vendors regarding the purchase of a Bafang Ultra based bike. Heard good things about Roshan's abilities, but you couldn't prove them by me! -Al

There is some misinterpretation going on with this email. I have my team looking into this and will respond with more detail/clarity.

Well which is it?

We have more experience on these motors than most others. After all we have been selling them since 2017 when no one had even heard of this motor in North America. We do have our custom firmware loaded on them. We get these loaded now from factory. We don't really boast about the firmware or advertise about them but if you ask the customers that have our bikes, they love the way the assist works. If for some reason they don't, we jump on a webex call to figure out what exactly they need done differently and help them make those changes. This takes time on our end as we need to:
1. Understand what exactly the customer thinks he wants and what he really wants
2. Figure out the programming changes to make this happen
3. Make the change here on a bike and test it out to make sure it aligns with (1)
4. Help customer get the programming done correctly
5. Iterate steps 1-4 if needed

I don't know of any other company that does this for customers.

Well which is it?

All I can say is I'm happy with his tuning. Maybe I'm not as fussy as some people on here. I just get on it and ride it and don't wring my hands over minutiae.

All I can say is I'm happy with his tuning. Maybe I'm not as fussy as some people on here. I just get on it and ride it and don't wring my hands over minutiae.

So in other words your first statement was a lie... Got it 👍

@AHicks looks like you misunderstood the agent's response. We at Biktrix are never dismissive of our customers and unlike other companies, we love our customer engagement. Your confusion stems from the fact that we deliver FREE tuning/setup of the PAS levels on our Bafang motors as well as paid set-up for those who are looking to 'customize' their motors differently.

Biktrix has been working on Bafang Motors and their tuning even before some of the other bike companies even sold their first Bafang powered E-bikes. During the course of our experience with Bafang and the constant feedback from our customers, we fine-tuned the settings on them and shared this with Bafang. At present, the firmware loaded on our motors is different from what stock Bafang offers, and the motor is tuned for its optimized set-up.

However, if a customer is not happy with the stock tuning of the PAS Levels on the bike we offer a FREE Programming Cable and FREE PAS setting using our support desk article/ remote login session to our customers.

In the event that the customer wants to tune his bike differently from the above settings and needs customization of his parameters, we do a remote login session @ $75/ hour. However, 100% of our customers who have opted for the FREE PAS setup have reported satisfaction with the settings on their controller.

If a customer has any issues, we also jump on WebEx calls and help customers until they are 100% satisfied with the bikes.

Someone please clarify.
Does Biktrix have any capabilities to make changes to the controller other than those that anyone with a programming cable can make?

Someone please clarify.
Does Biktrix have any capabilities to make changes to the controller other than those that anyone with a programming cable can make?

Now I feel like I'm repeating myself: We have the ability to flash our custom firmware on our Ultra motors. We currently do that on our bikes prior to shipping.

Roshan, Eddy23, any confusion would be on the part of Biktrix. Don't try to paint me as somebody that didn't give accessing information from you folks a fair try - or as somebody that's easily confused, just coming up to speed with e-bikes. I might be one of your more educated customers. This is on YOU!

The note from Alex (above) states clearly "The stock programming from Bafang is the best way to go for most cases - they- (not Biktrix) have developed the programming to work well on the motor." This is in direct contradiction from MANY different folks who have replied to the contrary here and on other forums.

Those concerns, addressed by so many others, is EXACTLY why I was seeking more information from Biktrix. They are the reason I waded through a chat session that was a waste of time (polite, but completely uninformed responses), the attempt to make contact with somebody via a phone conversation only to be told to send an email after being routed through your phone system that's temporarily overloaded, then, on the 4th email, to get a response like the one I got above?

Tell me you would not feel "dismissed" if you had gone through that over the course of a couple of days and somebody told you Biktrix used only stock Bafang programming but we'd be happy to supply you a cable so you "can use with a Windows computer to make changes as you wish." as a reply to my question?

Nope, sorry. I'm not into this kind of thing. I was very clearly asking what I thought was a simple, straightforward question, and just as clearly, the response I got from Biktrix cost you a customer.

I am not confused, or stupid. You guys are screwed up..... There is a serious issue when folks like me, seeking possibly advanced information admittedly, are addressed by your 3rd support tier the way I was.

Alan Hicks

Last edited:
Now I feel like I'm repeating myself: We have the ability to flash our custom firmware on our Ultra motors. We currently do that on our bikes prior to shipping.

Somebody needs to better inform Alex on your 3rd tier support team. He's apparently not aware of that fact, made clear by his statement in his response to me above.

Further, details regarding that information and exactly what you are changing, should be MUCH easier to access. Had it been yesterday, you would likely have sold a bike rather than cleaning up a mess like this one....

Alan Hicks

Last edited:

I'm so sorry... But that doesn't answer the question.

Back