Bike storage and roommate life

Agree, I can see both sides.

If the bike owner has a room of his own, he should store it there if at all possible. If not, I think the bike locker is the fairest solution. Ambivalent as to whether the roommate should chip in on the locker fee.

If the roommate's big suitcases are equally in the way of daily activities in the flat, they should go, too. The bike's used everyday, the suitcases only occasionally.

Would help to see the flat with bike and suitcases in place.

Would help to see the flat with bike and suitcases in place.
I have to agree with that. Is it a 55 sq meter flat or 500 sq meters? Still, this seems like something those two ought to be able to figure out on their own without international intervention. £60 a year is about a dollar a day sorry, it's less than $7 a month, so 25¢ a day, USD, which seems fairly trivial, assuming the bike would be safe. If the suitcases are in the way, storing them elsewhere would be nice part of an overall deal.

TT

Last edited:
If we are talking about a roommate's ebike, another important issue is whether or not they follow safe battery storage/charging practices. If you're all under the same roof, your own safety is dependent on others.

Put the suitcases in the storage hangar and park Nelson where they used to be.

Bikes are important. Anais can go live in the bike shed. :p (JK, folks)

Back