BBS*** Settings for a Smoother Ride

Motor is 750w BBS02B set at 20a current limit.

Screenshot_20230426-194440_Speeed.jpg

Keep in mind that if they suit you... you should use the settings as a starting point and then tweak them to your needs/bike/riding style
Here is the info about my motor. It's a BBS3 as you can see. Does it change anything about programming?
Thanks

Attachments

• My750w.pdf
    761.4 KB · Views: 242
The BBS3 is also known as the BBSHD... a more robust motor rated at 1000w / 30a nominally.
So yes if all things were equal to get the same feel you'd have to make adjustments. But you should be making adjustments anyway as you are not the same weight as me nor do you have the same bike, drive train, physical ability and are riding the same terrain.

The BBS3 is also known as the BBSHD... a more robust motor rated at 1000w / 30a nominally.
So yes if all things were equal to get the same feel you'd have to make adjustments. But you should be making adjustments anyway as you are not the same weight as me nor do you have the same bike, drive train, physical ability and are riding the same terrain.
As you can see on my screenshot, It was taken from Bafang Web Configuration Tool and it does show 25 A current for the 750 w and 30 A on the 1000w I also have. I thought the BBS3 was only 1000w.

As you can see on my screenshot, It was taken from Bafang Web Configuration Tool and it does show 25 A current for the 750 w and 30 A on the 1000w I also have. I thought the BBS3 was only 1000w.
Sorry... I didn't write the firmware.
This question is probably best directed to the seller.

Here is what I found about those motors on Bafang web site

For clarity..
There's the manufacturer rating and then there's the max current allowed by the controller set (changeable) in the software/web interface/Android app.
Mine is 25a/20a respectively.

For clarity..
There's the manufacturer rating and then there's the max current allowed by the controller set (changeable) in the software/web interface/Android app.
Mine is 25a/20a respectively.
I understand what you are saying but is my 750w motor a real BBS3 which, as you said, is a more robust motor? Or does it depend on the controller attached to the motor?

BBS3 was an early model j inner used by some. it’s a BBSHD. sold and labeled 1000w and 750w some versions of the BBSHD can run 48V OR 52v. some were shipped with 25A firmware and some with 30A. all rather confusing. that said the performance difference between 48V 25A and 52V 30A are quite close. Bafang shipped with at least 4 different firmware. like the version that won’t run on a 52v battery. Changes in throttle availability in PAS made quite a stir. Bottom line the HD is a beast. ride it like you stole it.

BBS3 was an early model j inner used by some. it’s a BBSHD. sold and labeled 1000w and 750w some versions of the BBSHD can run 48V OR 52v. some were shipped with 25A firmware and some with 30A. all rather confusing. that said the performance difference between 48V 25A and 52V 30A are quite close. Bafang shipped with at least 4 different firmware. like the version that won’t run on a 52v battery. Changes in throttle availability in PAS made quite a stir. Bottom line the HD is a beast. ride it like you stole it.
Thanks for taking the time to explain that clearly. You may wonder why I don't seem to know what motors are in my two bikes; the reason is I ordered the bikes from a Chinese supplier who installed the motors on the bikes as well as all the other components. The only info I was given was that I would receive one bike with a 750W motor and one with a 1000w motor. My bikes are not after market upgrades but manufactured products, so to speak.

Thanks for taking the time to explain that clearly. You may wonder why I don't seem to know what motors are in my two bikes; the reason is I ordered the bikes from a Chinese supplier who installed the motors on the bikes as well as all the other components. The only info I was given was that I would receive one bike with a 750W motor and one with a 1000w motor. My bikes are not after market upgrades but manufactured products, so to speak.
It'd be interesting to have pictures of the information engraved into the motor and controller. Or even just of the motors for a definitive ID.

the 750 is a BBSHD. if the 1000 motor fins are the same as the 750 you have 2 BBSHD motors. likely different firmware.

Back