BaFang mid drive controller tuning

DAJO

Region
USA
Just joined forum. I have installed a Mid drive kit BBS02 on wife's Greenspeed trike. It has the DPC18 display. Got it working and it puts out so much speed in PAS1 that she can not pedal that fast defeating the reason for riding, exercise.
We are from Noblesville, In summer and Casa Grande AZ winter. Looking for someone that can tune this controller. I have looked at videos out there and it makes my head spin, not for me.

Thanks
Dave

Do a little searching and you'll find lots of info on this forum and others.
For example:

Do a little searching and you'll find lots of info on this forum and others.
For example:

Not what I asked for. I have done a lot of searching, not something I can do with a computer.

Just joined forum. I have installed a Mid drive kit BBS02 on wife's Greenspeed trike. It has the DPC18 display. Got it working and it puts out so much speed in PAS1 that she can not pedal that fast defeating the reason for riding, exercise.
We are from Noblesville, In summer and Casa Grande AZ winter. Looking for someone that can tune this controller. I have looked at videos out there and it makes my head spin, not for me.

Thanks
Dave
I doubt you will find anyone in Noblesville or Casa Grande that will be able to tune it. Your best bet is hooking up your laptop and doing it yourself with help from Endless Sphere. You will need a programming cable...

Is your DPC18 set at 3, 5, or 10 PAS levels? My first bafang middrive was a different display, but was set for only 3 PAS levels. PAS 1 would go past 20 mph. When I set it to 10 levels, the bike was mucj more manageable. With less levels, there's less granularity between assist levels.

My second bafang kit was earlier this year. It was set for 10 levels, but I had the opposite problem. PAS 1 would shut off around 12 mph. It would stop giving assist, and suddenly I'm like pedaling w/o power, That's not how an evike works. Power should just stop increasing. I had to buy the programming cable, about $12 on amazon, and download the program to run it. Did some fiddling around and fixed it, even though I hate fiddleing with ebike settings. However, the software was easy to load and to run.

Not what I asked for. I have done a lot of searching, not something I can do with a computer.
You don't need a computer. You need a $15 cable on Amazon and an Android phone. From there you download a free app, and use as a guide settings that will give you exactly what you are looking for. No need for thinking just do what you see on the screen. Or think just a little bit and read the article, which is written for the layman. It has links to the cable and app:

The article says BBSHD but the settings are the same for a BBS02.

You won't find anyone who will do this for you unless a good Samaritan in your neighborhood steps forward. There's no money to be made doing it since its so easy and there are so many tutorials out there.

I agree with the above.. so don't sell yourself short.
I agree with @m@Robertson the android app is super easy.
Get a cable and we'll hold your hand through it.
Don't forget to get an adapter for your type of phone... Like this one.

Last edited:
Back