Bafang chainrings are crap?

Good luck. We stopped selling their batteries when they refused to support a warranty. Resulting in us eating a substantial amount of dollars. I know of no BMS from them that will support communication between the battery and display. I hope I'm wrong but I'm highly suspicious. There are several instances of their battery failing and flaming away! Although the courts didn't support the claims.

Found some pics in the reviews... Not that I know what I'm looking at 😂 😂 😂

U0e6392dc7d3a4179bb754460137580fa5.jpg
Uf0ad1946570242dfa4b55dedd3d500c9T.jpg

Confirmation bias on Lekkies. You spend $90 on a chain ring and you swear it was made so well that you can cut bread with it. I grant that if you want 36T, it's the only way to go.
I may be repeating my self, but I've had them all but prefer to run my Connex eBike chains so I reverted back to OEM.

Excellent cells. I use them. If that build is what you get it uses plastic spacers/holders. An improvement over the hot glue builds many in many budget batteries.

c'Mon Snake_eyes!!🎲🎲. . . pappa needs a bling ring!!!
The second pic has a build date sticker of December 2019 so I have hope.
the Fedex says I should have the battery Tuesday

This is a learning project for me as I always like to keep the wheels turning. When it's done I don't know if I'll become enthused.
Anywho.. The motor got bumped to delivery next week because of Covid (if my Ali' friend can be trusted).. so I'm in somewhat of a standby.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would recommend a Race Face Narrow wide chain ring it comes in all sorts of BCD and tooth count combo's, strong, light and very good value.
I slung the stock Bafang Ultra chainring away after about a week and replaced it with this, ridden 3000 miles not dropped a chain even when the chain was at end of its life,
no major signs of wear on the chainring itself yet.

I would recommend a Race Face Narrow wide chain ring it comes in all sorts of BCD and tooth count combo's, strong, light and very good value.
I slung the stock Bafang Ultra chainring away after about a week and replaced it with this, ridden 3000 miles not dropped a chain even when the chain was at end of its life,
no major signs of wear on the chainring itself yet.

Which adapter did you use to make the Race Face fit the motor?

Gionnirocket

No adaptor needed, it fits straight onto the bafang spider, As long as you get the correct BCD which off the top of my head is a bcd of 130.
BCD = Bolt Circle Diameter

My bad, which spider?
The ones I've found move the chainline further from the frame... Or should I say don't maintain the same chainline as the Bafang chainring.

I just used the stock spider and fitted the chainring to the back of it and the chainline is fine on my frame. I will take a few photo's but short on time atm, But if you did need to adjust it closer you could add washers/spacers inbetween the spider and ring I guess.

Thanks... And no rush on the pic
I have a BBS02B and I'm assuming you have an HD and that's why I'm a little confused.
The BBS02B has a stamped one piece ring that mounts to the motor
IMG_20200916_194138_304.JPG

OK you got me. In 5 years of customer support I’ve never seen a “stock spider”. Please post that photo! THANKS,!!

Thanks... And no rush on the pic
I have a BBS02B and I'm assuming you have an HD and that's why I'm a little confused.
The BBS02B has a stamped one piece ring that mounts to the motor

Yes seems we got cross wired :) I run a Ultra/ G510/ m620.

OK you got me. In 5 years of customer support I’ve never seen a “stock spider”. Please post that photo! THANKS,!!

I mean the spider that came originally with the motor kit, I assumed other bafang motors used a simular system. but guess I was mistaken.

IMG_20200917_110431.jpg
IMG_20200917_110523.jpg
IMG_20200917_110537.jpg

Excuse the cheap smart phone picture quality, bad lighting and the dirty bike. :)

No worries.
I guess I'm still baffled by this.
I don't see how... from what I see available.. that switching to a narrow/wide ring is an improvement if you throw your chainline off?

Back