Average age of EBR riders

Average age of EBR riders

• Total voters
I am a fellow GenXer with the same types of knee issues. You are going to love your ebike when you get one. An ebike is like a safety net for me. I can go out and ride as hard as I want for a workout, and when the knee starts acting up I can up the assist level and take a break. Sometimes I can go back into “workout” mode other times It just helps me get home with no worries about any hill or mileage in front of me.

If you like maximum assist on the way home, you would love a throttle for those final few miles when you are spent and want a break, but don't want to stop.

If you like maximum assist on the way home, you would love a throttle for those final few miles when you are spent and want a break, but don't want to stop.
I don’t have a throttle be when I bump my Giant up to Sport or Sport + assist level the bike flies along with very little effort. I usually stay on Eco and Eco + on hills when trying to get a workout

I don’t have a throttle be when I bump my Giant up to Sport or Sport + assist level the bike flies along with very little effort. I usually stay on Eco and Eco + on hills when trying to get a workout
Same with me. There's never a time when I need to keep my leg completely still. I don't feel knee pain on the flats, even with my standard bike after 60+ miles, so I just need to reduce the more strenuous pressure on it that I would otherwise subject it to when climbing hills if not for PAS.

Yeah, that corresponds really close to my customer profiles in terms of percentages. Easily, 85% of my customers buying ebikes are between 51 and 80. The oldest (that I know of, and they often do like to tell you) was 88.
2 over 80 and 1 under 30 so far ...yeah Seniors On Bikes ...

I'm 69, and after two back surgeries (most recent one in September) arthritic knees and wrists, if it weren't for electric bikes, I wouldn't be able to ride very far. Interesting, the age demographic is very similar to the "traditional hot rod" forum I am a member of...

I'm 69, and after two back surgeries (most recent one in September) arthritic knees and wrists, if it weren't for electric bikes, I wouldn't be able to ride very far. Interesting, the age demographic is very similar to the "traditional hot rod" forum I am a member of...
Welcome. We value 'experienced' riders ...

Good to see that I fit right in at the ripe old age of 62. But I am also thinking that our age group is more representative of whom would come on EBR forums to read and reply to the forums then those in the younger age groups.
Now that I have an ebike, I actually check out all the delivery guys riding through NYC to see what they are riding. I see the rough homemade models to some pretty nice bikes..

I see the poll has picked up a few younger ( under 30) riders since it started. That's good, but only a tiny fraction of the members voted, so I wouldn't trust it very far.;)

I see the poll has picked up a few younger ( under 30) riders since it started. That's good, but only a tiny fraction of the members voted, so I wouldn't trust it very far.;)
Maybe the poll should be modified to ask how old you feel rather than how old you are. ;)

Funny, some of the discussions on here seems like it’s mostly 5 year olds. :)

And yes... I am guilty of that.

Back