Aventure Rear Rack Alternatives, and Security

eappell

Region
USA
I just ordered a pair of Aventures for my wife and I. She got the small, and they are sold out of the rear racks for that size. I'm wondering if I can just order a third party rear rack? Is there a size spec I should keep in mind? Clearly they are sized for the bike frame, so I would want to make sure I get the right size rack. If anyone has any recommendations I would greatly appreciate. How often do they refresh inventory on accessories like that? Maybe we'll just wait for them to be back in stock...?

Also wanted people's recommendations on securing our bikes. I see all kinds of stuff on Youtube, from massive chain locks to cafe locks, to some people saying just don't ever leave your bike unattended except locked away at home, and then still lock it up! The advice of more experienced riders is appreciated!

I just ordered a pair of Aventures for my wife and I. She got the small, and they are sold out of the rear racks for that size. I'm wondering if I can just order a third party rear rack? Is there a size spec I should keep in mind? Clearly they are sized for the bike frame, so I would want to make sure I get the right size rack. If anyone has any recommendations I would greatly appreciate. How often do they refresh inventory on accessories like that? Maybe we'll just wait for them to be back in stock...?

Also wanted people's recommendations on securing our bikes. I see all kinds of stuff on Youtube, from massive chain locks to cafe locks, to some people saying just don't ever leave your bike unattended except locked away at home, and then still lock it up! The advice of more experienced riders is appreciated!
I am about two months into this whole eBike thing with the Aventon Level. The Aventure was released just about the time I received my Level. Regarding the rack, I would wait until I received the bike, and keep checking the Aventon website and sign up for email alerts regarding that item if you are able to. I have noticed that Aventon seems to keep their web-store actively updated as stock becomes available, but right now, it's all about the waiting game with supply chain issues.

I have a stout cable lock for my Level which I store in a rear 'trunk' bag that I purchased. I do tend to use my bike as a form of exercise in the fairly hilly area where I live, and as such, I rarely have a need to lock and leave it unattended. I usually head out for a 20-30 mile ride, and then return home where the bike stays in the garage. The big thing to consider with any bike regarding security while unattended would be the area it is in. There are areas where certain individuals are just looking to steal whatever they can in order to make even a few dollars at a pawn shop toward their next high, and a seat and seat-post would be an easy grab. For me, I have a SpiderFlex seat and Kinekt seat-post which together are worth around $400.00, so yeah... Something else that I consider with my Level - and I think your Aventure as well - is the fact that the monitor/display is not quickly removable for the purposes of taking with you or hiding, and since it looks like a phone, some would see value in it, and without that, it's pretty much game over until it can be replaced. With His and Her bikes - as in your case - assuming you are riding together, the best theft deterrent would involve one staying behind with the bikes while the other buys the coffee or whatever.

Any alternatives for rear racks? I'm in Canada and can't find the Aventure rear rack here.

I'd order it and pick up in a border town except the borders are still closed...

Any alternatives for rear racks? I'm in Canada and can't find the Aventure rear rack here.

I'd order it and pick up in a border town except the borders are still closed...
I bought the 'Topeak Uni Super Tourist Fat Bike Rack' it fit my M/L Aventure perfectly and they give you allen socket cap screws to mount it with. I wanted the Topeak MTX quick mount bag and this is the rack to use with it. Got it all at Modern Bike. Check out the quick mount, I am very pleased with the set up.

Back