Aventon Pace 500 video update at 1200 miles and 8 months of ownership

scottsdalecommuter

Region
USA
Made a video of my experience with aventon pace 500 after 8 months of owning and 1200 miles. Continue to love the bike and have no buyers remorse and feel I got more than fair value for what I paid. Keep in mind I’m a 35 year old family guy in Phoenix who bought the bike to save money on gas and not having a second car so value was most important to me! Enjoy and feel free to ask any other questions and I’d be happy to answer. My wife just ordered a rad mission 1 so excited to go on our ebikes for our next date night! I’m really excited about that bike and will plan to ride it too.

At the two year mark now and 2000 miles and still love the bike, such a good value and more than paid itself off especially as a car replacement. Ride it 3 to 4 days per week to work and really enjoy the twenty minutes of solitude especially on my nice Mississippi River bike path. Still considering getting a suspension seat post but everything else on the bike is doing great. I’ve been shocked how well the tires have worn!

With the brakes, I'd really suggest you get a kit and learn to bleed them yourself just because it's something you should be doing every 3 to 6 months. Especially with the cheaper "zoom" brand.

You can get an ezMTB brand kit off Amazon for $15

And the brake oil doesn't exactly break the bank. Bottle this size will last you years if all you need to do is top them off, half a bottle will refill the rear (longer hose means more oil needed) if you break down and do a flush. Which I had to do on my Aventure as it was contaminated.

Cheap spring suspension posts can be had for as little as $30 too.

Notice the prevalence of the zoom brand same as the stock brakes. It'll "look" stock.

Some people badmouth the cheap posts but with my "peasant taste buds" I prefer the typical $30 amazon job over the fancier ones where I've tried three different ones, sent them all back.

What do I mean by "peasant taste buds?" I hate the texture of sous-vide steak, the odor and flavor of rot common to "dry aging", and the texture and flavor of wagyu. I'll take a cheap "london broil" any day every day instead. Salt, Pepper, 3 minutes per side. IF I'm feeling fancy, maybe a hint of dill seed.
You might also want to do a pad inspection, and get an extra set.

If you're not up to doing that yourself ask your LBS to give them a check. I've already "glazed" one set of front pads on my Aventure and thanks to a spill whilst flushing the rear contaminated that set too.

I've got a real love-hate relationship with Aventon. Great products, support is (or was) a joke. I'm still arguing with myself over getting the Aventure 2 just to see what torque sensors are like. And get a step-through. I'm not getting any younger.

Starting to see the first sign of battery decline since I bought the bike over 2 years ago, good news is for me it's not a huge deal since my commute is so short and I don't really take it very far ever. Will just need to charge it a little bit more often which isn't a big deal at all. Still riding really smooth and looking forward to some nice cool Fall weather and some nice chilly Winter weather! My morning ride is getting pretty chilly pretty quick!
1696281728220.png

Back