Aventon Pace 500 review at 1000 miles

scottsdalecommuter

Region
USA
Wanted to jot down my experience with my Aventon Pace 500 now that I’ve got 1000 miles on it. My ride is flat in the dessert on roads about 10 miles per trip. Overall have zero buyers remorse and so glad I bought my first ebike! At 35 I feel like a kid again on it which is sure fun. Ride comfort is pretty good but after an hour I’m ready to get off, without front shocks my hands and shoulders take a bit of a beating and learned to slow down on bumps and curbs. The 100 mile tuneup at local shop made a big improvement in how dialed in the bike felt, for example couldn’t ride no hands before due to alignment and after tuneup it’s straight as an arrow. The bike is heavy to carry, I’m on 2nd floor and wouldn’t recommend carrying that much weight up stairs. Added tire lines tannus armour which weren’t cheap but gave great peace of info, they did provide more ride cushion which was nice but noticed a bit of range drop off too I suppose due to weight and maybe rolling resistance. The hub motor works great and is a bit noisy but not a big deal and don’t even hear if it I have music on. The pedal sensor is certainly cheaper and feels that way because it basically just goes whatever speed I set it on and doesn’t let me control with more pedaling if I feel good. That’s a bit unnatural at times but I’ve gotten used to it and at the price point I’m good for now. I initially would d that use throttle for no reason, and actually fell in love with it especially at stop lights to get smooth rolling start and at end of ride to cruise home! Starting without throttle at lights was real awkward with heavy bike and pedal has to go half turn before motor kicks so looked like an idiot and wasn’t real safe especially if cars are waiting to turn, throttle helped a ton for smooth starts and safety. On safety, I never go over 21mph because that’s the speed I feel comfortable at and have enough reaction time of old lady walking dog appears out of nowhere on bike path which is common here in Scottsdale. I’ve tried to be really mindful of my presence on ebike and higher speeds as we all share bike path and there are a lot more ebikes and scooters whipping around which for walkers isn’t as nice of a quality of life. I slow way down to pass and say hi and especially watch out for dogs jumping at the bike because I think the motor scares them. Overall I feel the value is well worth it and at 5 months of owning the bike already feel I got my moneys worth and still have 7 months of warranty left and bike is running as good as first day with no signs of issues. I will also add we are a one car family and this has improved my quality of life quite a bit and saved some gas money. My wife is shopping for an ebike right now and I would also like to get my 9 and 7 year old one in the future but the youth market doesn’t seem to exist quite yet. I may take to try to make one as a hobby project with my son with a low watt motor for safety. I purchased this bike from archers in Mesa and they were highly recommended to me and it was obvious why as soon as I stepped in the door, to quote Ray Lewis, you can’t fake passion

Good to hear that you are enjoying your ride. My butt starts hurting after about an hour of riding as well. Majority of my riding is on paved streets. I have front suspension fork and Cloud 9 seat but my posterior still hurts a little after prolonged rides.

Good to see some “positive waves “ on this forum. I hope they continue.

KWR
You bet! I’m getting ready to move cross country and as much as I will miss the sunny Scottsdale rides, I’m excited to explore some new areas and terrain on my bike! Cheers and happy riding!

Good to hear that you are enjoying your ride. My butt starts hurting after about an hour of riding as well. Majority of my riding is on paved streets. I have front suspension fork and Cloud 9 seat but my posterior still hurts a little after prolonged rides.
Good to hear those help a bit! I may look for my next bike to have front suspension. After I get settled with an upcoming move, I may go ahead and upgrade my stock aventon seat.

Back