Anyone with a RadCity Step-thru could tell me the max saddle height from the ground to the top of the saddle?

AZOldTech

Max saddle height is measuring from the ground to the top of the saddle while adjusting the seat post to the mark that it has that you are not supposed to go higher than that. Cause the max and min height that Rad Power has on their website is from the lowest pedal down stroke. And I need to know from the ground.
Thanks.

Last edited:
I placed my wife's Radcity Step-Thru upright and measured from the ground to the rear of the saddle in inches. I measured the saddle height and set the seatpost to max height line. The measurements I came up with using different posts and saddles:

- 37.5 inches: Rad Standard saddle and post

- 38.5 inches: Cloud 9 12.5X11.5 Cruiser seat and Bodyfloat v2.0 350mm seatpost

- 41.5 inches: Cloud 9 12.5X11.5 Cruiser seat and Suntour NCX SP-12 400mm seatpost

- 41.75 inches: Cloud 9 12.5X11.5 Cruiser seat and Bodyfloat v2.0 420mm seatpost

Note: The Bodyfloat+Cloud 9 height is with zero weight on the Radcity. The Bodyfloat can be adjusted with "float" and the saddle will sag around one inch or more with weight on it when dialed in for max float. The Suntour NCX SP-12 will not sag as much like the Bodyfloat since you sit on top of a spring. The Suntour height will be pretty close to the same with or without weight depending on how much you dial in the spring stiffness. Suntour or Bodyfloat doesn't charge more for the longer versions of their suspension seatposts.

For comparison, it is 45 inches from the ground on my Radrover to the rear of the saddle of the Cloud-9 and 420mm Bodyfloat seatpost set to max height mark. The Radrover probably drops 1-2 inches because of 20 psi in the fat tires, me at +270 lbs in full commuter gear and backpack, and the bodyfloat compressing when I sit on it.

I placed my wife's Radcity Step-Thru upright and measured from the ground to the rear of the saddle in inches. I measured the saddle height and set the seatpost to max height line. The measurements I came up with using different posts and saddles:

- 37.5 inches: Rad Standard saddle and post

- 38.5 inches: Cloud 9 12.5X11.5 Cruiser seat and Bodyfloat v2.0 350mm seatpost

- 41.5 inches: Cloud 9 12.5X11.5 Cruiser seat and Suntour NCX SP-12 400mm seatpost

- 41.75 inches: Cloud 9 12.5X11.5 Cruiser seat and Bodyfloat v2.0 420mm seatpost

Note: The Bodyfloat+Cloud 9 height is with zero weight on the Radcity. The Bodyfloat can be adjusted with "float" and the saddle will sag around one inch or more with weight on it when dialed in for max float. The Suntour NCX SP-12 will not sag as much like the Bodyfloat since you sit on top of a spring. The Suntour height will be pretty close to the same with or without weight depending on how much you dial in the spring stiffness. Suntour or Bodyfloat doesn't charge more for the longer versions of their suspension seatposts.

For comparison, it is 45 inches from the ground on my Radrover to the rear of the saddle of the Cloud-9 and 420mm Bodyfloat seatpost set to max height mark. The Radrover probably drops 1-2 inches because of 20 psi in the fat tires, me at +270 lbs in full commuter gear and backpack, and the bodyfloat compressing when I sit on it.
You are awesome! That answers it perfectly. Thank you.

I'm not sure how Rad figured that the stock seatpost will fit a 6'2" rider. I'm 6'1" and found the stock seatpost to be too short so I replaced it with a 450mm seatpost. Due to the additional length putting more leverage on the seatpost just above the quick release i could see it starting to bend. Eventually it broke when I hit a bump. I found a 12" x 7/8" OD aluminum rod that I inserted into yet another new 450mm seatpost. Problem solved.

Back