Anyone here joined the National Bike Challenge?

All that is true Ravi:
You must have talked to my former wife.
I have a carpenter coming over to hang a new flatscreen on the wall of my cottage and I told him I would step outside when he used his stud finder, so I wouldn't set it off.
Allen

Ok, this is the end of the last full week of the challenge !
And I did my best week, as far as miles go=375 miles.:cool:
Only four more days to go.:D
The heck with their puny prizes , I have my own prize to look forward too!:p Keep looking up! Ken.
Pedal, pedal, Pedal, Giddy up Go!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 250
Ok, this is the end of the last full week of the challenge !
And I did my best week, as far as miles go=375 miles.:cool:
Only four more days to go.:D
The heck with their puny prizes , I have my own prize to look forward too!:p Keep looking up! Ken.
Pedal, pedal, Pedal, Giddy up Go!
Ken, I hope you win a prize in this challenge. You deserve it!

Three more days to go!:)
I hit 6,000 miles today for the Challenge Period!
Now I have a question ?
I am 5'10"--5'11" depending on how straight I can stand at that time.
At the start of the challenge I weighed 170lbs. 6,000 miles later I now weigh 148lbs.
Now how many miles do I have to ride until I am no more?
Pedal. Pedal, Giddy up Go! Keep looking up! Ken.

The more you ride, Ken, the more efficient your body becomes at utilizing energy and cycling, so it's not a straight line graph. Rather more like a logarithmic graph where the more efficient you get, the less energy needed so without a major change in cycling style or range then your body will reach an optimal weight and weight loss slows, so ultimately the answer would be Infinity! ;) Nice, though. If you were to do a body density test, you would also find that the percent of your body mass that is healthy muscle tissue is greater than before. Cycling does lots of good things for you!

Keep Riding!

This needs to be said without qualification, our @KenM. has ridden 147 days straight this summer during this bike challenge! He's racked up 6,112 miles in that 147 days and there's little doubt tomorrow when this bike challenge ends he'll have 148 straight days riding.

Amazing Ken!!!

Since this is "Electric Bike Community" some might say that's not all that hard on an electric bike, only about half that was done on an electric bike and when Ken does ride electric, he's riding a 250w hub motor bike with 313 watt hour battery. For those new to ebiking and thinking they need 750-1000 watts.... talk to Ken, the Iron Man!

Ken, thanks for sharing your summer with us!

upload_2015-9-29_18-46-44.png

(There wasn't the right emoji here on EBR so I found one)

Last edited:
WOW!!! You guy's!!! Thank you!! Mr. JR.
Mr. Grench , I did not put your wife up to that!!!
In fact if your wife really new me she would RUN to you and give you a REAL BIG KISS !!! Thank you sir! Keep looking up! Ken.

image.jpg ONE day left !!! The Icecream is ready.

I hit 9,000 points today. The top three in Team EBR are in a close battle of there own!
Mr.Brambor is first at=4,375 points.
Mr.JR is next at ===4,260 points.
Mr. Kilowatt is next=4,194 points.

I think that Mr. Ready Kilowatt is the most improved rider on the team. I think he should get the Best In Show Award !
He puts in no big mile rides, just to work, church, back and forth on his street. And He is still right there with JR and Brambor , who are known for there many 30 and 40+ mile rides. I vote for Allen, The Best In Show! Ken.

Last edited:
It has been raining here the last two days. That is why my miles are not where they should be. It should be better tomorrow . Then I can finish up the challenge with the last month as my best month( for miles) . I just need 56 miles to get 1,500 miles for the month. Keep looking up! Ken. Be safe, be good , be there!

I vote for Allen, The Best In Show! Ken.
As the cowardly lion so modestly put it in one of my favorite movies of all time: "aw shucks."
I think we owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to our cheerleader and captain: KenM. and Brambor respectively.
If we need to vote someone in as (reformed) Town Drunk, I would humbly toss my name into the hat. I've attached a picture of the coin my AA home group gave me Sunday night for two years of sobriety.
I accepted a ride in to work today from my boss because I thought it was gonna' rain cats and dogs. Actually I guess that's what we're gonna' get tomorrow.
So—since Dugway Road was just barely wet—I did my five-mile end-to-ender when I got home.
Truth be told we need some rain badly in these here parts. Not as badly as out West, but still…
Go Team EBR.
Allen

DSC09138.jpg

Allen's (@Reddy Kilowatt) achievement is also amazing! Half the battle is getting on the bike to start and 125 days of riding in one summer blows my 89 days by miles.

Congrats on both your recent achievements Allen!

upload_2015-9-29_23-47-33.png

I got a little wet today, but it's a washout tonight. Likely not riding tomorrow unless something dramatically changes:(

Congrats to all for this is an awesome achievement and thanks to the NBC for putting up this organized effort to rally bicycling mojo across the country. We've got some heavy rain today and yesterday...I've been laying low. :)

Maybe someone should organize the EBR winter challenge. After all it only takes an EBR thread. :)
Hey JayVee:
I'm down with that, but only if we can handicap KenM. by moving all the snow from my yard down to his.
Actually a Winter challenge sounds like a lot of fun. (Ladies and) Gentlemen, mount your studded snows, and bring it on.
Our Captain should probably be whoever lives in the highest latitude, which would most likely be Brambor (again). And maybe our cheerleader could be whoever lives in the lowest latitude, which would most likely be KenM (again).
Naturally KenM. will mop the floor with us (again) since he has elected to live in Florida, where they don't get all that much snow.
Go Team EBR! (Tonight's your last chance.)
Allen

OK, here am I . I have to rebuild the Schwinn rode bike anyway so I will turn it in to a winter bike. As long as it does not get under 70* I will be there for your fun and excitement !
The winter challenge will have to start after Halloween. Because I will be sleping untill then. Ken. Keep looking up!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Back