Anyone here joined the National Bike Challenge?

Yes, take it easy, Easy Rider! That Mr.Arthur Ritus, is hard to deal with. And he does not know enough , to know when he is not wanted.

I am going backwards, in the standings, now.
Got the afternoon ride, rained out yesterday , then today lost the moring ride. Had to take the Rav4 to the shop to get a front wheel bearing replaced. 28,500 miles and already needs a wheel bearing! Could of stayed with Dodge. If I wanted to do the wheel bearing thing. Oh well did get the afternoon ride in today though, after the rain , it was nice only 83* no humility . Nice.
I was the same ranking as the team there for a little while anyway. The team was at 187, and I was at 187 !! Neat huh.
Come on them pick it up! I am ahead of you now!!
Go them EBR!! Keep looking up! Ken.

Thanks, but it's not about arthritis, or a "malade de jour". Lolll I will be fine, I only mentioned it because I had so few miles logged in!

I'm taking my ebike to a shop, for the twist shifter, and seat suspension. I found a neato "alternative" shop, who I think will be more receptive to ebikes. I'm going to try to get them interested in DIY/kits.
It's so very Madison, the name is Revolutions. They only stock and order parts, and have groupies. Gotta do a mind meld on them

Irene

Yes, take it easy, Easy Rider! That Mr.Arthur Ritus, is hard to deal with. And he does not know enough , to know when he is not wanted.

I am going backwards, in the standings, now.
Got the afternoon ride, rained out yesterday , then today lost the moring ride. Had to take the Rav4 to the shop to get a front wheel bearing replaced. 28,500 miles and already needs a wheel bearing! Could of stayed with Dodge. If I wanted to do the wheel bearing thing. Oh well did get the afternoon ride in today though, after the rain , it was nice only 83* no humility . Nice.
I was the same ranking as the team there for a little while anyway. The team was at 187, and I was at 187 !! Neat huh.
Come on them pick it up! I am ahead of you now!!
Go them EBR!! Keep looking up! Ken.

Ken... Think maybe a lighter picture might be better? I can't even see you! Just sayin'. :p

Hi all, I have a question about the challenge that is interesting to me, anyway !
The team is ranked at no. 187, and my ranking bounces around 180 to 190. Since I am part of Team EBR, does that mean that when I am ahead of the team that I have passed myself. Or when the team is ahead of me, did I passed myself again.
The thrill of victory , and the agony of tee feet! At the same time!
Come on Team!! You are not going to let me beat you,( and me) ! Are you? Keep looking up! Ken.
Pedal, pedal, Pedal! Giddy Up Go!!

Don't get too cocky KenM. I've clawed my way up to the No.2 spot on Team EBR. I wouldn't exactly say I've got you in my sights, but…even so.
Of course, tomorrow's a new month, and I'll probably get my comeuppance then, but it's a storied position, while it lasts, capisce?
Things are pretty quiet here. Is everyone on vacation?
Go Team EBR!
Allen

Hi there Mr. Kilowatt , I see that you are really putting on the milles. You are the first one to get 1,000 points this month!
Good on you!
Yeah! Only one more month to go! Pedal , pedal, Pedal! Giddy Up Go! Keep looking up! Ken.

Hey, Mr. Kilowatt . How did you go from first spot to LAST spot in one day!! Pedal,pedal, Pedal. Giddy Up Go!! Ken.

Ask the young'uns KenM. It's all about the metrics, but don't even get me started man.
Actually my Optibike crapped out Monday. Strange stuff…I powered it up after work, and when I went to throttle it up, she no go.
I contacted the builders out in Boulder and they sent me a PDF of how to remove the motor and promised to turn it in two days upon receipt.
I ordered the one tool missing from my kit to do the job, then yesterday, I tried it again and the Grey Ghost had fixed himself.
I'm still waiting for the crank arm puller I ordered but I commuted home last night and went to my second favorite AA meeting last night, so God willing and the creek don't rise, I'm on the road again (and clawing my way back).
Stay tuned and keep my Pioneer Allroad in your prayers.
Go Team EBR!
Allen

Yesterday I looked at my time on my commute and noticed I have shaved off almost 10 minutes of my regular ride. I attributed it to taking a 0 day previous day but was thrilled nevertheless. Alas, with the old age comes senility and a few hours later I realized the real reason I was faster. I forgot to turn on my gps measuring wristband until a few miles into the morning ride and thus - I was not faster, just older ;-) and not much wiser either ;-)

Yesterday I looked at my time on my commute and noticed I have shaved off almost 10 minutes of my regular ride. I attributed it to taking a 0 day previous day but was thrilled nevertheless. Alas, with the old age comes senility and a few hours later I realized the real reason I was faster. I forgot to turn on my gps measuring wristband until a few miles into the morning ride and thus - I was not faster, just older ;-) and not much wiser either ;-)
Well that doesn't exactly make me feel good, seeing as you are the youngster here:eek:

My miles have decreased lately, my schedule has changed and I have some added family responsibilities... Trying to blow-out the cobwebs as I can:)

Have a great Labor Day weekend everyone!!!

Wow, Allen . That is a bad deal. Must be a hard ride home on a heavy e bike with no motor help. Praise The Lord and To GOD be the glory! It is running again. I will pray for both you and your Gray Ghost. Keep looking up ! Ken.

Hey KenM:
The Grey Ghost fixed himself. (I guess he knew better than to wait for me to do it. Perhaps he talked to my former wife Maggie.)
I like both of those pictures, but I think the Harley-D with the snowplow would be a handier rig around here. Since it's 82º F right now, it's hard to believe there'll be snow a**hole deep here in a few short months, but I reckon there will.
I'm frying me up a couple of Italian sausages and getting ready to shove off to my favorite AA meeting in a few minutes. Now that the bridge at the end of my road is out, that ride over to the village is nine miles instead of two. Add that to the run to church this morning and this is shaping up to be a lucky day; thirteen miles.
(Actually every day is a lucky day. I never lose sight of the fact that I have so much to be thankful for.)
Happy Labor Day weekend and Go Team EBR!
Allen

51 miles, @J.R.! Where did you ride? You folks are super :)
I should've said, but my PC died yesterday so I kept it brief as I'm posting from a tablet and hate tablets for typing.

I rode the YHRT/NCR trail https://yorkcountypa.gov/parks-recreation/the-parks/heritage-rail-trail-park.html

http://www.traillink.com/trail/heritage-rail-trail-county-park.aspx

I live a couple miles from the trail in PA. It runs a total of 46 miles one way, 5 miles were added just this year and more are in the works. So in theory if I had the power I could ride it for 92 miles round trip. PA is littered with rail trails.

I did have to ride past my house to top 50... poor planning I guess;-)

Last edited:
Here is how we suffered on Sunday night ;-)

Attachments

• 11143700_1043001439057463_466321237539006820_o.jpg
    11143700_1043001439057463_466321237539006820_o.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 273
Hey!! I try to play a fiddle too. That is a nice looking mandolin!
I bet I am worse at it then you are! Learned from books. Been doing it for 13 years now. And I am still just like a beginner !
Oh well they say the first 30 years are the hardest!
Keep strumming! And looking up! Ken.

Back