Anyone here joined the National Bike Challenge?

Ok!! Grench is back to putting on miles again!!! Almost at 20,000 miles. To many of are team are not logging in miles . We can not get to 25,000 miles with out everybody riding.
Around the World with Team EBR!! Only 10 more days left.
Pedal, pedal, Pedal!! Giddy Up Go!!! Keep looking up! Ken.

To bad all crashes do not end this way!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Ok!! Grench is back to putting on miles again!!! Almost at 20,000 miles. To many of are team are not logging in miles . We can not get to 25,000 miles with out everybody riding.+
Around the World with Team EBR!! Only 22 more days left.
Pedal, pedal, Pedal!! Giddy Up Go!!! Keep looking up! Ken.
Yes back on the clock... I have been traveling for work and still haven't quite figured out how to take my bike with me. I should have this resolved soon. I just picked up a new bike. The miles I loaded yesterday were the maiden voyage. I should be helping out the team with a few more this week.

I have been thinking about you and all the miles you put on in the air. If you would just pedal in your seat on the plane, you could count them and log them in too. Right? Or would that be Wrong? Oh Well, miss you Grench ! Keep looking up! Ken.

Yes back on the clock... I have been traveling for work and still haven't quite figured out how to take my bike with me. I should have this resolved soon. I just picked up a new bike. The miles I loaded yesterday were the maiden voyage. I should be helping out the team with a few more this week.
Congrats! Don't keep us in suspense what did you purchase?

Congrats! Don't keep us in suspense what did you purchase?
Lol...nothing different.
http://electricbikereview.com/community/threads/questions-for-jim.2726/
We will be purchasing a new bike for my wife as soon as she makes up her mind what she wants. She is leaning towards the Stromer St1 Plat step through or one of the Easy Motion step throughs. The Specialized Turbo makes here smile...Although she like the Optibike City bike she rode yesterday.

I think she likes them all...lol

Funny I just ordered a new bike as well.
Lol...nothing different.
http://electricbikereview.com/community/threads/questions-for-jim.2726/
We will be purchasing a new bike for my wife as soon as she makes up her mind what she wants. She is leaning towards the Stromer St1 Plat step through or one of the Easy Motion step throughs. The Specialized Turbo makes here smile...Although she like the Optibike City bike she rode yesterday.

I think she likes them all...lol

Man, it has been raining here so much! It is really messing with my miles. Can not get much more then 30 miles a day instead of the 50 I have been getting . Oh well only 11 days left and The Challange is over! I am going backwards in points too, just like are them.

I did get to fly the outside flying machine today! The first time in three months! Did not crash either!!!
I had put some more red lights in the back of the quad( the three in the middle). I think it looks good now. Flew good, and I think it looks neat it the air. Keep looking up! Ken.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 275
Starting to get nippy in the morning. Anyone (in the northern states) noticed? :) This morning it was most evident. My knees were freezing ;-) I might have to wear pants to work and shorts on the way back. And I will need to start adding long finger gloves. Friday an order of biking shoe covers arrived - those should keep me warmer as the temps dip lower.

Sunday I joined some friends for a Boston Hub Ride - 30 easy miles in perfect weather for a fun event where they either closed entire roads to bikers or stopped traffic for bikers at intersections. Nice time.

Go EBR.

Getting very chilly in rural PA! Haven't gone to long pants or full gloves yet, but I see it's likely coming this week.

Edit: high temp today 64°F

Last edited:
Greetings all:
Yeah, I hear you talking. I just went out for my end-to-end ride on Dugway Rd. to log some extra miles for Team EBR and I froze my tutu off.
This was probably the last ride of the season with the fingerless gloves. I need those fingers. It's not quite time to break out the Winter lobster claw gloves, but it's definitely time for the Spring and Fall sea kayaking gloves.
I put my long johns on a couple of days ago, and—other than laundry day—I don't think I'll take them off until March of next year.
Winter in New England: it's not for sissies.
Go Team EBR!
Allen in the quiet (and now cold) corner of Connecticut

Y'all can leave your doors open and send some cool down here. Don't you know!
It was 82* this morring, high of 90* ( again)!
Keep looking up! Ken.
The team is over 22,000 miles now! Team EBR!!!

Last edited:
You have cold weather already, @Reddy Kilowatt ? We're still hitting the upper 90's here :(. Mostly want to encourage everyone who's put their feet on the pedals to make Team EBR such winners! You're all an inspiration for me and the others who follow this thread, Thank You!

Thank you AnnM, that is very nice of you!

Ask Mr. Kilowatt to open his door and to turn his fan on your way. When he opened his door for me, the temp whent from 90% high to 88% high. So it does work!
Thank you again. Keep looking up! Ken.

Hey KenM:
Glad to be of some use.
However, methinks you're barking up the wrong tree: I bet you could do even better with Brambor. His latitude is a couple of degrees closer to the North Pole than mine. (He might have gotten your place down to 86º F.)
Speaking of fans, I never used mine this Summer. The overnight lows were in the 50ºs almost every night. I have, however, used the space heater under my desk; in fact it's running right now! I've been in New England for 61 Summers and this is the nicest one I can recall.
Go Team EBR! (We're in the home stretch.)
Allen

Last edited:
Hey, Ravi. That will go to Mr. Kilowatts head.:cool:
That is one of the best replies I have heard . R O T F l! :p

Back