Anyone here joined the National Bike Challenge?

OK, the challenge is over for me. Even our Dog finished her cake and Icecream .
Even with all the rain we had the last two weeks, I still got to have the best month for miles this the last month=1,500 miles.

Mrs. Ann M SAYS=( Cycling does lots of good things for you).
I beg to deferrrr!!
My feet, legs, butt, hips all hurt.
I have a rash all over my body from taking two showers a day.
GOD, did not intend man to take two showers a day!

OK, I am going to go to sleep now, please wake me up the day after Halloween, so I can get the discount CANDY!
Thanks again to Mr. Brambor for setting this all up. I would never have known about the challenge with out him sharing it with us. Keep looking up! Ken. Keep warm and dry up there!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 259
OK, I am going to go to sleep now, please wake me up the day after Halloween, so I can get the discount CANDY!
Hey KenM:
That reminds me of the quote from the end of Mark 13 that I messaged my boss after he caught me asleep at my bench for the second time:
Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
Fortunately David has a good sense of humor. That plus—even though I take the occasional nap— I get more done every day than any of the young bucks I work with.
Let's shake a leg croo'. There's just an hour and ten minutes left to log those miles. (And don't forget to say: rabbit, rabbit, rabbit.)
Go Team EBR!
Allen

ICECREAM all around, especially for Mr. Ken :D. Saaay with all of those Sondors fat tire bikes floating around, maybe a winter challenge would be doable! I mean, winter is only a rare photographic thought for a couple of weeks here but beats the heck out of our months of 100+degree days. Brambor, Reddy, Ken and everyone else Team EBR, You ROCK!

I think my totals will keep uploading at EBR so there is no reason to quit now :) Although when the snowbanks take away the bike lanes (middle of December) then it's time to hang it up :)

OH, the joy of not riding a bicycle !
Not a drop of sweat all day.
Only one shower,( the way GOD intended it to be ).
We help at the food pantry tomorrow morning , then my wife will go down south to see her grand kids. So I will get to play the violin while she is away, Friday and at least Saturday morning .So no riding those day either. Life is good! Ken.
Keep looking up!

Hi, Mrs. Ann M! Thank you, I will ride again! I thought I would start again today, but our dog is not doing to Well.We had to take her to the vets this morning. He gave her two shots but they have not helped so far. She is getting old like the rest of us. It is not much fun to see them fail right in front of you and there is nothing you can do to help them.
Will not ride tomorrow either, have to do the shopping . And maybe back to the vets. Sould be on the road again Tuesday if all goes well.
I stared to rebuild the Schwinn road bike this week. Replaced the bottom bracket bearings, and greased the front wheel bearings. I will do the freewheel , chain, and front chainrail later. And grease the wheel bearings too.
Thanks for asking about my fiddling . I try to play the Old Hymns of the faith! But it is more like ( Make A Joyful Noise Unto The LORD)!
I wish The Lord would help me more, I have been trying for 13 or 14 years now and not very much better then when I stared.
Oh well, they say the first 30 years are the hardest, so I am half way there. Keep looking up! Ken:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your dog; been down that road a couple of times but they bring so much love to our lives! Good for you on the rebuild job on that Schwinn - that's what keeps those wheels rolling. If playing the violin makes you happy then who cares what it sounds like--I like your positive attitude :)

Well our Dogie is up on GOD's front porch now, lying by his rocking chair ,listening to the old Hymns played gloriously ,(the way they are supposed to be played) by the Angels !
Sure is empty down here though!
Keep looking up! Ken.

Last edited:
Wowzer KenM.:
I thought I had replied to your post a couple of days ago. Losing a four-legged pal is a rough row to hoe.
My experience is that there are thousands of great days with a pet and then one that really, really sucks.
Let me share a salient quote from one of my favorite philosophers: Dr. Seuss:
"Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened."
And it's true; all dogs go to heaven. (People…not so much perhaps.)
I'm in the if-there's-a-cardboard-box-of-puppies-at-the-vets-when-I put-a-dog-down-one-of-them-is-going-home-with-me camp. Some other folks are so wounded by the experience, they say never again. Which are you?
She's in God's back pocket now, and also in my prayers, as are you brother.
By the way KenM., do you know what you get if you cross an agnostic with a dyslexic? (Someone who doesn't believe in doG!)
Allen

Thank you Allen. That is good of you . We need your prayers.
I posted a song we like, check it out, it is good. Ken.

Hey KenM:
Here's a picture of my best bitch Callie with her best friend Bella, a white standard poodle. As you can see, they're good sharers; two dogs, one tennis ball.
Allen

IMG_0885.JPG

Hey Allen . That is a cool picture ! I will see what kind of picture I can find of our Bella. Ken.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 212
Sorry to hear about your loss @KenM. Keep your eye on your local shelters I'm sure there is a dog there looking for a forever home that would fill that empty space up. Here are my two pups the left is our rescue Koda and on the right Freyja.
582209_3669520251555_983723016_n.jpg

Thank you Tara. They are some beautiful dogs you have.
They look very happy. And BIG! GOD will bless you for the good care you give them!
I do not think we will get another dog, we are getting to old for this. And my wife's breathing problem makes everything hard for her to do. Thank you again ! Ken.

Where are the words for your pain, Ken? All I can say comes from the from folks more eloquent than myself:

I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Mr. Kilowatt !!!! I am catching you up!!!
Keep looking up! And in your rear view mirror! Ken.

Last edited:
Well, New England is a 'changing. Everybody has pots of mums on their porches and the leaves are dropping all along my route.
This is actually great biking weather though. I'm still doing my ten-mile round trip commute to work and my five-mile end-to-ender on Dugway Rd. most every day. God willing and the creek don't rise, the Grey Ghost is gonna' turn over 2,300 miles before I get home from work today.
If I work late, I have to wear my goggles instead of my Oakleys and turn my headlight to high instead of low/flashing. When we turn the clocks back—the first of next month—I won't have to work late for that to be the case.
I hope all my fellow Team-EBR-ers are sticking by here. (I'm sure KenM. is, but he has the presence of mind to live in Florida, where it's always sunny (except when it's pouring rain).
How's the team doing?
Go Team EBR!
Allen

Back