Anyone here joined the National Bike Challenge?

Took this pic yesterday thinking Allen would like the bridge I was on (114 rears old). In the background is the RR and trail bridge and that's a great trout stream!
Hey J.R. that's pretty country. That eBridge your bike is parked on reminds me of a bridge in the town I grew up in (Milford, Connecticut). It's called the kissing bridge but regrettably I never got to test out that feature. It did get me across the Wepawaug River many times though.
Even though it's probably gonna' rain cats and dogs today, I'm taking a grenade for the Team and commuting to work on the Grey Ghost.
Plus I got this going for July so far, so I'm extra compelled to ride.

Screen Shot 2015-07-18 at 8.18.15 AM.png

No sympathy from me Brambor. I pretty much always work Saturdays, since I have to since I carry the whole department.
While we're on the topic of work, check out my new self-bestowed title:
Senior Vice President of North American Service Operations
(My boss says as long as it doesn't entail a concomitant raise in pay, I can call myself whatever I want, and it does sound so much better than Apple-Certified Macintosh Technician, no?)

Go Team EBR!
Allen

Your calendar looks very cool indeed! Gotta keep the streak goin....

Stay dry, be safe. The rain is bringing the heat and humidity back to town:(

It has gotten so dark here, it looks like 9pm instead of 9am. Now thunder, lightening and rain:( Hope the afternoon brings something a little dryer.

Plus I got this going for July so far, so I'm extra compelled to ride.

View attachment 3835

While we're on the topic of work, check out my new self-bestowed title:
Senior Vice President of North American Service Operations

Go Team EBR!
Allen

Very impressive consistency! I wonder if a new title could change my travel schedule? I am going to have to figure a way to take my bike with me. My bike challenge calendar is less than impressive. Keep the Grey Ghost rolling!
image.jpg

Ok not looking so good for JR. Brambor needs 60 points.
JR. Still needs 108 points. And storms are keeping JR. inside and dry. Keep safe up there! Ken.

Man up Team (well except for PowerMe; we like you just the way you are).
Not only did I not get rained on commuting to work today, but according to the WX radar, I'd better do my end-to-ender on Dugway Rd tout de suite.
My cottage is in the Tri-State region: New York, Massachusetts, and Connecticut. So as you can see, the riding looks good like RIGHT NOW.
Byee.
Go Team EBR!
Allen

Screen Shot 2015-07-18 at 5.39.04 PM.png

Dedication! I Love it :)
Hey Ann M. are you on the Team too? If so, you don't have to man up either.
I survived my end-to-ender on Dugway Road and stopped to have a looksee at the place where my bridge used to be (as I basked in the triumph of another five miles for our little Team).
Admittedly, the mighty Housatonic isn't looking too mighty today. But you should see it when it's in full chat. I live about a half-mile downstream from the second-highest falls in New England: the Great Falls of the Housatonic. They're 80' feet high. (New England's highest—the Connecticut River falls in Holyoke—are only four feet higher.) When it pours rain in these here parts, I can hear them with my cottage windows closed.

IMG_0001.jpg

Go Team EBR!
Allen

Ok Allen. You are the man! If anybody wants to run with you , they have to get out of the house.
Allen is still in the lead for the month!
Brambor , and JR. are still the same in the chase for Platinum without any miles loged in today , so far , anyway: Ken.

No miles today Ken, serious storms here all day. Power knocked out... again! Sitting here in the dark posting on my phone and I don't have the thumb action for it! I hate being treated like a mushroom, power company is keeping me in the dark, feeding me sh*t!

Oh well tomorrow is a new day.

J.R. you have my sympathies! I live in a rural community and when we get those straight line winds with the storms; it gets iffy (and we get the 'leave your message message...'from the electric company). Need a good stock of candles, a quiet generator or solar system backup then you can be live on the internet and all of the neighbors will be jamming your place for hot coffee! :)

Hey Ann M. are you on the Team too? If so, you don't have to man up either.
I survived my end-to-ender on Dugway Road and stopped to have a looksee at the place where my bridge used to be (as I basked in the triumph of another five miles for our little Team).
Go Team EBR!
Allen

Really big Tonka Toys!! They sure are clean looking though for all that messing in the river. :D Nice pic @Reddy Kilowatt

Really big Tonka Toys!!
Those are the babies. You should have seen the one that got away (after it picked up the bridge halves).
That was a really big Tonka™ Toy. (I thought it was gonna' pick up those two and throw them back in the river so they could grow another year!)
Go Team EBR!
Allen

Last edited:
Ok, JR. has closed the point gap on Brambor while he was out bobbing around the sea teasing the sharks.
Brambor needs 60 points. JR. needs 80 points. It is close now!
Who or Whom will get platinum first?
I still think JR. will get there first. Maybe he has his lights on right now getting it the extra miles to be able to hit platinum on the morrow!' Keep looking up! Ken.

While I was out rescuing others you guys just bike around without any responsibilities ;-) (JUST KIDDING)

Attachments

• 11059467_1031376213554271_7967968688230065679_o.jpg
    11059467_1031376213554271_7967968688230065679_o.jpg
    535.7 KB · Views: 208
You are a good man Mr. Brambor ! That is one monent in time that all involved with will remember for ever. God will bless you for that for sure. Keep looking up! Ken.

Back