Anyone here joined the National Bike Challenge?

Well, I try not to use Strava, it doesn't go well with other road bikers and it is true, we can't compare road bikes with eBikes.
My latest activity on Strava has been flagged and I think I better not use Strava on my commutes.
Part of my school work involves research at US Naval Academy in Annapolis and I go there a 3 times a week. There is no way I can make this 60 mile round trip commute just on a normal bicycle.
I wish there was a Strava group for ebikers only.

Commute to Annapolis.JPG

Well, I try not to use Strava, it doesn't go well with other road bikers and it is true, we can't compare road bikes with eBikes.
My latest activity on Strava has been flagged and I think I better not use Strava on my commutes.
Part of my school work involves research at US Naval Academy in Annapolis and I go there a 3 times a week. There is no way I can make this 60 mile round trip commute just on a normal bicycle.

View attachment 3885
Cheaters never prosper:p

We'll let you atop our leader board! Log those miles on the EBR TEAM-->>

You could explicitly specify the type of bike you are riding. I have 3 on my list and change it appropriately. Never been flagged.
upload_2015-7-23_18-42-28.png

upload_2015-7-23_18-45-33.png

View attachment 3885

Attachments

• upload_2015-7-23_18-44-58.png
    upload_2015-7-23_18-44-58.png
    240.7 KB · Views: 269
I connected my Strava and waiting for the website to complete the Sync process.

By the start of next week, I should be able to join you guys up in the rank ;)

Edit: Non-sense. This website wouldn't count my century rides. So, I'm stuck at 330 miles.

LOL.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Ravi,Forget all that hi tec stuff! Just login your miles manually . That is what I do. Glad to see on the team. We need all the miles we can get. We are in a bad backward point slide this month. You can pull us out of this slump. Keep looking up! Ken.

Ruh, roh. Here comes Ravi, one of those young bucks.
FWIW Ravi, the last time I rode a century was in the previous century.
All kidding aside, welcome to Team EBR. And yeah, log your miles in manually; that works albeit slowly. The NBC website is a POS.
Go Team EBR!
Allen

That can't be me Ken.
First off, I don't have a third-of-a-million dollar house anymore. (My former wife needed it more than I did.)
Second the snow was way deeper here two-and-half-months ago.
Third, I've never had a lawn that green.
Go Team EBR!
Allen

I am officially a biker! First flat tonight on my Allroad. It took me about 10 mins to change. I would anticipate being quite faster on the next one.
On these low end tires...might be time for some marathon plus or some stromer big bens? How many miles are folks getting out of low end tires?

How many miles are folks getting out of low end tires?
Quite a bit more than that Grench.
Although I ran studded snows last Winter, most of my miles have been on the CSTs that the Grey Ghost was built with. They probably have at least 1,000 miles on them.
I've got a pair of Schwalbe Marathon+ tires in my living room. I keep putting off putting them on though. Given my predeliction for procrastination, I will probably mount the Schwalbes next Spring when I take the Hakkapeliittas off again.
The CSTs truly suck, as they feel a wee bit marginal in the downhill sweepers on my route home. On the two long downhill coasting stretches punctuated by curves, I typically hit 38 mph. I bet I could get on the fat side of 40 when I mount those Marathon + sneakers. (Maybe it'd be safer to keep them in the living room and slow down. If I drop the bike at 40 mph, they'll probably pick me up with a roll of paper towels.)
But you never know; the CSTs look awfully crappy and the Schwalbes look mighty nice. And they sure do look like they'd be a lot more competent in the curves.
Back when I was young and even more foolish than I am now, I got North of 60 mph a few times on my old, long-wheelbase Trek 720. This Allroad is a nice whip but it's too close-coupled and twitchy for that kind of sh**, plus going that fast on a bike is a young man's sport. (And I am definitely not a young man.)
Go Team EBR!
Allen

I am officially a biker! First flat tonight on my Allroad. It took me about 10 mins to change. I would anticipate being quite faster on the next one.
On these low end tires...might be time for some marathon plus or some stromer big bens? How many miles are folks getting out of low end tires?
Last summer I got about 1000 miles on a set of Kenda Kouriers with K-shield Kevlar, I won't repurchase. I have Shwalbe M. and Bontraiger Hard-case tires on my bikes right now and like both brands. Last winter I put 3000 miles on Nokian Hakkapeliitta SW 240 (240 studs), they work well and there's still a lot of miles left in them.

Nice long ride today, a lot of people out and about. Plenty to see as well! I encountered a Civil War Cavalry camp and good news they must have made up. On the trail I was riding were two soldiers on horseback, a Union soldier and a Confederate soldier riding their horses together in the same direction and not one harsh word between them.

So you can say you heard it here on EBR first, the North and South are gettin' along! Spread the word!!!

I did take two pictures today cause I knew you folks would be very excited to see this. Probably everyone in the world has heard of the Mason-Dixon Line, certainly everyone in the U.S. has, but I would guess most have never had the opportunity to see it. So I thought I would post a picture here for all to see!

line 1 sm.jpg

There you go! How exciting is that?

This one has a sign in the way... sorry!

line 2 sm (640x361).jpg

Got a very slow 38 miles in today, I wanted to go for that 50 on one charge, but too many kids and horses around to go faster, farther. I seem to be stuck with my best day on one charge at 45 miles. Oh well, still a great day riding today and tomorrow promises to be another!

Hey Grench:
Since you showed me yours, I'll show you mine (mileage display that is).

IMG_0041.jpg

I also have a technical question about Map My Ride. I got it and it rocks, but I've used it twice and my maps don't display an elevation graph, just speed.
Will that be fixed if I pony up the $29.95 annual fee for MVP? Cellular data was turned on for today's commute and I still only get a speed graph.
Go Team EBR!
Allen

OK, we have a new guy on The Team. Welcome ,Jed. Glad you joined us, you will have fun here. We moved up from 186th to 180th. place with you on the team. Pedal, pedal, Pedal. Giddy Up Go!
Ok, only three more days left in July. And Allen is still holding on to first place for the month . But this John is giving him a run for his money. And Mr. JR. And Mr. Brambor are just also rans,( who would of ever thought that )! for this month.
Keep Looking up! Ken.

Back