Anyone here joined the National Bike Challenge?

Hey, Allen. I think I know how to put up my challenge calendar. If I can do it , it is prettier then yours. Mine has blue and red! HA. Well it did not work. So you are the Man.

Hey Allen, you said that you and The Gray Ghost , just last week or so got your 1,000 miles on. The Ghost is almost a year old, right?
WELL, the Silver Fox, is only 2-1/2 months old . And we just got the 1,000 miles today.
You better get out of the cottage. And Pedal, pedal, Pedal.
Giddy up Go! Keep looking up! Ken.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 204
Hey Ken M:
I only have six things to say to you:
• The Grey Ghost is "only" ten months old.
• I do get out of the cottage; I'm a workin' man, not a retiree. Not all of us can trip the light fantastic like you brother.
• Two-and-a-half months ago, I think there was still snow in my yard. Connecticut has harder Winters than Florida.
• You and the National Bike Challenge are motivating the he** out of me; we've turned 753 miles in this challenge.
• Update the Grey Ghost's mileage grasshopper (see attached image).
• I'm a weenie.
I'm kicking a** and taking names. Don't piss me off KenM. :)
Go Team EBR!
Allen

DSC09077.jpg

Sorry Allen, I did not mean it in anyway to be a bad thing. I should just keep my big mouth closed. I always seam to get people upset at me without even trying. Please except my apology,( I hope I spelled that right , you know what I mean).
I hope we can still be good team mates. Ken.

JR . Has moved ahead of Brambor , but Brambor has not loged in yet. JR needs 26 points, Brambor needs 60 points.

Hey Ken M:
Dude, I was just funning with you. No apologies are needed nor expected.
Sometimes folks don't know when I'm kidding, and the problem is even worse on the internets, where my correspondents can't see my tongue firmly jammed in my cheek.
And for heaven's sake, don't worry. You can't throw me under the bus; I'm already there! (That's actually where I live.)
And of course we can still be good team mates (even though yur' mopping up the floor with me and I know Jesus is pushing you).
Go Team EBR!
Allen

Last edited:
Very tough day with the heat and humidity.

Folks, please remember to hydrate properly and slow your roll, as we have arrived at the dog days of summer!

:)

Yes JR, take care of yourself up there. You seam to have a hard time with the heat. Maybe you should ride that Harly more now . Instead of the bicycle . Ken.

Yes JR, take care of yourself up there. You seam to have a hard time with the heat. Maybe you should ride that Harly more now . Instead of the bicycle . Ken.
I don't find it hard, I just don't like it. I hate the heat more than the cold, you can always put more clothes on, but you can only take so many off! 34 miles in 90F++ with 90% humidity is a hard day in anyone's book and everyone should be careful. I've seen people not prepared for it.

Go Brambor:
First yur our Captain and now Platinum. Do we have to salute when we see you passing us by? Will you still deign to talk to the little people?
My former wife, children, and grandchildren are in Cushing (Maine) this week. Lot of good memories from mid-coast Maine. (Popsicles™ from the Cushing General Store, etc.
Enjoy Maine you Maine-iac.
Go Team EBR!
Allen

Hi, Mr. Brambor . Do you live anywhere near Loring Air Force Base- Limestone , Maine.
The motorcycle parts shop I deal with ( Britsh Cycle Supply ) sent me an email that they opened a new wharehouse there, and that there will be motorcycle and car Land Speed Racing .
This weekend -23-26 and again in September -4-6.
I thought if you were close you could take your bicycle there and show them what Team EBR is all about.
That is what we need next ( Land Speed Team EBR)! Oh yeah!
Keep looking up! Ken.

Last Friday I had another run in with one of those high speed trains! At least he was stopped at the station this time and I didn't have to do battle with it!

Jus' call me John Henry...

T1.jpg T2.jpg

Thanks everyone. Had no idea I hit Platinum. I take your word for it. What I treasure more is the support here. Feels good = Thank You!

I am nowhere near Limestone. That would be at least 4 hours of driving due North.
I am probably 2 hrs to Cushing, ME. I do go in that direction often in the summer to various kayaking destinations. I might actually go through there Saturday morning or Sunday night. We are thinking a short camping trip to Stonington, ME.
JayVee - thanks for the laughs about the yellow bike ;-)

Ok, JR. is at platinum now too! It was a close run for the mark.
Allen is really racking up the points now too. Go Team EBR.

Perfect morning ride weather!!! 59F & low humidity:D

Thank goodness the dog-days are behind uso_O What a change in ride fortunes!

Back