Anybody Ride a Specialized Turbo Tero Yet?

Don't distract me. I managed to sleep for 2 hours at night, and now I'm trying to get awake for the early morning gravel cycling ride... :D

The Suntour spring shock on my wife's Tero 3.0 is pretty much junk. How do I figure out what will fit her bike? Or can somebody make a recommendation. The 5.0 comes with a Recon Silver but I'm guessing not all Recon Silvers will fit.

The 5.0 specs say 110mm of travel but the Recon Silvers on Amazon says 100mm of travel.

Here is one priced right but how do I figure out if it fits? Thanks.

The Suntour spring shock on my wife's Tero 3.0 is pretty much junk. How do I figure out what will fit her bike? Or can somebody make a recommendation. The 5.0 comes with a Recon Silver but I'm guessing not all Recon Silvers will fit.

The 5.0 specs say 110mm of travel but the Recon Silvers on Amazon says 100mm of travel.

Generally, Amazon has a reasonable RETURN policy and right now for the holiday season, it is even longer. If that product allows returns and you think you can scope it out, you might give the purchase a try.

My wife's Tero 5.0 has been put on a diet; my goal as stated previously is 40 lb or less without the battery. So far I have swapped out the rims for Roval carbon (thank you LBS for the 20% discount! :)), and tires for Mezcal Vittoria XC Trails. On my hanging scale it is now about 40lb 8 oz. I have a RockShox SID on order, which will drop 1.5 to 2 lbs or so more from the total weight. Since adding the carbon wheels my wife loves her bike even more! Off-road hills that she had to walk up while riding her Vado SL 5.0 are now ridden; the power of this bike is incredible. I'm 6 years her junior, and it's a challenge for me now to keep up with her on the climbs on my Levo SL Expert.

Once the RockShox SID is installed on her bike, my wife's Recon Silver will be up for sale. Let me know if interested! It will ship from California.

My wife's Tero 5.0 has been put on a diet; my goal as stated previously is 40 lb or less without the battery. So far I have swapped out the rims for Roval carbon (thank you LBS for the 20% discount! :)), and tires for Mezcal Vittoria XC Trails. On my hanging scale it is now about 40lb 8 oz. I have a RockShox SID on order, which will drop 1.5 to 2 lbs or so more from the total weight. Since adding the carbon wheels my wife loves her bike even more! Off-road hills that she had to walk up while riding her Vado SL 5.0 are now ridden; the power of this bike is incredible. I'm 6 years her junior, and it's a challenge for me now to keep up with her on the climbs on my Levo SL Expert.
So what was the original weight before the changes? And is that a small or a medium?

If you really want to save some weight I'll swap my wife's 3.0 battery for your wife's 5.0 battery and I'll pay for shipping for both batteries. I've never wife swapped before 🤣

If you really want to save some weight I'll swap my wife's 3.0 battery for your wife's 5.0 battery and I'll pay for shipping for both batteries. I've never wife swapped before 🤣
Y'know, I never gave any thought to the difference in weight between her 710 wh battery and your 530 wh battery.

I just weighed the 530wh battery from my wife's Tero 3.0 and it's 6.903 lbs. So by my calculations the 710wh battery should weight 8.6 lbs.

Tero battery weight.jpg

I just weighed the 530wh battery from my wife's Tero 3.0 and it's 6.903 lbs. So by my calculations the 710wh battery should weight 8.6 lbs.

View attachment 115175
Your calculation is about right. By the way Hammick, I apologize but I decided against getting the replacement fork. I learned that the adjustments are basically on or off; locked out or doing its thing, with no further adjustment. I may end up going with something from Fox in the future. If I do, I will let you know about her oem fork.

Has anybody gone tubeless on a Tero yet? The Ground Control T5 tires are tubeless ready but not sure if the rims are already taped. No big deal as I did the Easton XC wheels on my Niner WFO yesterday with Gorilla Tape and it worked very well.

Tero 4.0 review/opinion

I have had a Tero 4 since December and have ridden over 300 miles off road in the Surrey Hiils.

I replaced the supplied 2.35 ground control tires with 2.6, Butcher front & Pergatory rear. The ground controls were ok, but it was so muddy I needed more control and grip. I have setup these as tubeless. The rims had tubeless rim tape fitted already.

I have already worn out the chain and cassette as I was riding in pretty crappy conditions. I had a Shimano GRX810 rear mech that I had recently removed from from gravel bike, I fitted this with a compatible bar shifter, XT cassette & chain and the shifting is much improved.

I have been very much enjoying riding various trails in Surrey Hills and have several ebike Strava trophies, not bad for a 53 year old 🥳😎.

Forks seem to have improved with use, I’m 13st and find the medium spring(s) suits my riding & weight.

I can recommend the 2.6 tire upgrade, better traction, control & comfort. Looks more purposeful to.

Back