Any interest in committing to pre-launch price for a limited run hard tail superbike ? Round One Pricing added- through April 11th.

I will commit to buying a Watt Wagons super bike at this special pre-launch price

• $5,499

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • $5,699

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • $5,899

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm kind of late to the game, but I do have some things I'd like to see in a super-bike:
  • Eyelets compatible with Tubus racks.
  • Front fork with all the mounts. More specifically, you should be able to run the bike with anything cages, low riders, or a rando rack.
  • Optionally sell the bike without saddle and pedals
  • Consider a dual battery option. With your monster 1100wh batteries a dual-battery bike might have a realistic range of 120-150 miles and that would open up a lot of bikepacking and touring opportunities that aren't really feasible with any existing e-bike.
  • Cage mount on the underside of the down tube.
  • Ideally have more clearance on the front wheel so you can run a slightly larger tire diameter. Even a 0.1 inch difference can make a pretty amazing difference in handling and stability, especially heavily loaded on a bumpy downhill.
  • A tiny detail: include a small padded cover for the display to protect it when you are hauling the bike or it is parked. Ideally branded with "Watt Wagons" &c

I'm kind of late to the game, but I do have some things I'd like to see in a super-bike:
  • Eyelets compatible with Tubus racks.
  • Front fork with all the mounts. More specifically, you should be able to run the bike with anything cages, low riders, or a rando rack.
  • Optionally sell the bike without saddle and pedals
  • Consider a dual battery option. With your monster 1100wh batteries a dual-battery bike might have a realistic range of 120-150 miles and that would open up a lot of bikepacking and touring opportunities that aren't really feasible with any existing e-bike.
  • Cage mount on the underside of the down tube.
  • Ideally have more clearance on the front wheel so you can run a slightly larger tire diameter. Even a 0.1 inch difference can make a pretty amazing difference in handling and stability, especially heavily loaded on a bumpy downhill.
  • A tiny detail: include a small padded cover for the display to protect it when you are hauling the bike or it is parked. Ideally branded with "Watt Wagons" &c
  1. Eyelets will be there for expansion for most rack types. I will ensure tubus is on it.
  2. We will provide a front rack.
  3. Bike without pedals / saddle is hard to do since assembly is all or nothing typically.
  4. We will definitely aim for dual batteries. Not sure if we can manage dual 11Wh, there is only so much space in a triangle, but very minimum the capacity will be 1100wh and max is 2000wh
  5. Cage mounts is included in the spec. Will have a couple of spots so we cover multiple configs.
  6. The tires can go up to 27.5*3. Should have plenty clearance for a 2.6" tire.
  7. Ooooh.. great idea about a padded cover. Neoprene style may be. May be do it for the battery too ?

1. Eyelets will be there for expansion for most rack types. I will ensure tubus is on it.
  2. We will provide a front rack.
  3. Bike without pedals / saddle is hard to do since assembly is all or nothing typically.
  4. We will definitely aim for dual batteries. Not sure if we can manage dual 11Wh, there is only so much space in a triangle, but very minimum the capacity will be 1100wh and max is 2000wh
  5. Cage mounts is included in the spec. Will have a couple of spots so we cover multiple configs.
  6. The tires can go up to 27.5*3. Should have plenty clearance for a 2.6" tire.
  7. Ooooh.. great idea about a padded cover. Neoprene style may be. May be do it for the battery too ?

That sounds good. I think even 2kwh battery capacity would be a game-changer.

Battery covers would also be nice. Also since the spaces in the triangle end up being weird having frame bags (even tiny ones for a dual-battery system) is great so you can efficiently use that space.

A battery configuration with huge range is way more important to me than full suspension. That triangle space in the frame is a very valuable piece of real estate!

Frame color choices would be great. I mean other than black, grey, white, and red.

I can't commit due to market crashing. I'd like to see the pics though. I have one wattwagon with the eggrider. the dual modes works well at the push of a button.

Frame color choices would be great. I mean other than black, grey, white, and red.
I like this
1584397305606.png

Looks nicer. That is the weld quality I am aiming for. That is also sneak peek of one of the downtube options. Powder coat.

Actually if you were to go this route why not offer custom paint jobs and custom lettering at a premium?

Great idea!

For the initial run though, I need to commit to a couple of colors.

What I might be able to do is to offer a personalized bike wrap as a premium option. I can do those locally in Boston - i can discuss choices and see how easy / hard it is. We can get pretty creative with wraps. They last a long time (like cars) and can take a beating. Thoughts ?

I’d be happy with a bare metal finish. Rather see my money go to high quality components and a big battery.

Great idea!

For the initial run though, I need to commit to a couple of colors.

What I might be able to do is to offer a personalized bike wrap as a premium option. I can do those locally in Boston - i can discuss choices and see how easy / hard it is. We can get pretty creative with wraps. They last a long time (like cars) and can take a beating. Thoughts ?

Wraps would be nice.

I'd also like to see custom decals (e.g. with the owner's name or handle) as an option too.

Depending on how complex and fancy the paint job is, I'd recommend charging a reasonable premium ($150-$350) for custom paint and the like. Some of the fancier paint jobs I've seen on high-end custom bikes can run much higher than that.

I'd also be happy with a clear-coated bare metal finish. I have three bikes and they're all black. This time arround I'd like a different color.

I agree with that, integrated but still able to be repaired without great difficulty.

With the Bafang Ultra, there's going to need to be some variation from the typical frame mounting to provide more room for cables to pass through. On all Ultra bikes I've seen, in-frame cables run just over the motor, and the ones from the rear (brake hose, derailleur cable) not having a straight shot over the motor (otherwise the motor would be too low), and say a dropper seat post wire coming down from above and making a 74 degree turn, you simply can't feed replacement cables through without removing and then reinstalling the motor. Removing an Ultra isn't bad at all, but getting everything compressed so you can reinstall can be a bear (you need to have the bike upside down and even then you're fiddling with cables and such while trying to align the mounting holes for the bolts while trying to not actually drop the motor.

If you can do it, it'll be unique in the market as far as I can tell.

With the Bafang Ultra, there's going to need to be some variation from the typical frame mounting to provide more room for cables to pass through. On all Ultra bikes I've seen, in-frame cables run just over the motor, and the ones from the rear (brake hose, derailleur cable) not having a straight shot over the motor (otherwise the motor would be too low), and say a dropper seat post wire coming down from above and making a 74 degree turn, you simply can't feed replacement cables through without removing and then reinstalling the motor. Removing an Ultra isn't bad at all, but getting everything compressed so you can reinstall can be a bear (you need to have the bike upside down and even then you're fiddling with cables and such while trying to align the mounting holes for the bolts while trying to not actually drop the motor.

If you can do it, it'll be unique in the market as far as I can tell.

Interesting point. I will see what we can do. Right now on my Ti mounts, we have a larger hole at the rear of the mount, so you dont necessarily have to take the motor out to route cables. However it is not enough. May be there is a solution. I will consider it as we are doing the drawings.

Downtube options - please respond in comments.

Based on availability of current battery providers, here are some "frame integrated" battery options. If we pick one of these, you are nearly guaranteed to have third party manufacturers and after market options that will have this in stock for a long time to come (5+ years). Most are 14-15ah on the down-tube. Note - the fit/ finish / routing etc will take time. I wanted to share the downtube options first. Bike design will be on the private forum.

With the secondary battery will be ~17ah, bringing the total up to to 52V * (14 + 17)ah =1600wh on board with dual batteries.

Action: Please review the specs below and please leave a comment on which option is ideal / preferred. e.g. I like Option 1, because ________

Option 1:

1584415172029.png

Option 2: very similar to option 1, different mfg.

1584415242693.png

Option 3:

1584416269443.png

Option 4. (Same as option 3, but smaller profile)

1584416414420.png

Option 5. Same as Option 3/4, but downtube casing is a little different.
1584416839109.png

Option 6.
1584417023509.png

Last edited:
I like 1 or 2 because it allows spare battery to be mounted on top, and if weather proofed properly might offer superior protection from the elements. I don't consider 3, 4 or 5 to be integrated. While integrated, 6 does not allow spare mounting.

I like 1 or 2 because it allows spare battery to be mounted on top, and if weather proofed properly might offer superior protection from the elements. I don't consider 3, 4 or 5 to be integrated. While integrated, 6 doe not allow spare mounting.
Option 6 can also have a spare mount.. i just couldn't find a hardtail with it.

Back