Any interest in committing to pre-launch price for a limited run hard tail superbike ? Round One Pricing added- through April 11th.

I will commit to buying a Watt Wagons super bike at this special pre-launch price

• $5,499

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • $5,699

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • $5,899

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree with that, integrated but still able to be repaired without great difficulty.

Depends on what you mean. If you need to do an emergency repair on a highway shoulder in the rain with numb fingers it might well be too difficult. It is nice to have the bike look nice but if you are talking about a true expedition touring bike function is more important than form.

My experience with Stromer was the bike shop would repair the bikes and they would brea by the 2nd day again or still be broken when I attempted pick up. I this was after waiting for weeks for parts.

If it breaks on the side of the road it breaks. I call for a ride home and take the bike in to the repair shop. The difference I am hoping for is the repair is done in days, it stays repaired and the next repair is something different rather than repeats of the same issue. No more even slightly jerky torque sensor and being told normal when I have had the bike run perfect at times and know the difference or riding with a working front brake and counting on brake regen as my rear brake since the caliper or handle is leaking and not being able
to get a specific Stromer part for an extended time

With the components we re using, we can strive to get both form and function. There will be tradeoffs but we can minimize those to get to an acceptable medium.

In my experience with parts i have picked, the swap out at a customer's end is super straightforward. Most of these have been with upgrades. I have a sense for what we need to do to keep that same functional simplicity, but provide an integrated form / design.

Thanks Pushkar. I know it is impossible to make one bike meet everyone's needs, but it seems like you have a great start on something that will work for a wide range of people.

@pushkar is the discount then for early adopters of this bike around $1k? I know you're targeting the higher-end demographics, but $5,499 is still a pretty big financial deterrent/obstacle for most folks.

Having said that I am currently looking into upgrading my commuter bike to something more dependable and maintenance free.

Realistically the discount is more $1.6k purely in components + $900 to get the full 3000W peak motor and higher amp battery (over the base price for 750W config). Total is around $2.3k - $ 2.5k just on the bike, depending on the config.

Further, founder series gets unlimited updates for the first year. We expect upgrades to be around $500+ worth . As an example if you take the UC Pro as a gauge - we upgraded a whole lot in just 6 months - front sprocket, new belt , lights, handlebars, crank arms, rims, handlebar bag, bell..... That's a LOT of high quality stuff. We aim to start at a better place with this effort, but there is always room to improve / find new stuff.

I am excited that you are interest and I understand that this is a big commitment. I respect my customers and that is why I am offering an unbeatable price for founders.

Oh.. I have one more thing - thanks for helping me collate this. Founder series buyers will get lifetime updates to our custom firmware. This is not bafang firmware, this is our own setup , and the old software / cable etc will not work. Everyone else, even if you buy retail will only have 1 year of firmware upgrades. Future upgrades at retail will be paid upgrades. Though I cannot put an exact value, it is safe to say it is north of $300 over the lifetime of the bike.

Total value to founders is
1. $2.3k-$2.5k for a similarly spec'd bike at retail.
2. ~$500 worth of upgrades for the first year.
3. Lifetime upgrades of our firmware. ($300)

Total - ~$3k - 3.2k

Thanks @pushkar for taking the time to provide such a comprehensive response. I have no doubt of the value of the founder series of this new bike. Perhaps seeing its eventual design may just push me over in deciding to splurge on a purchase. Though, that is not going to be an easy task as the intended price is over twice what my current bike is. 😲 Never say never though.

I cast my vote.

Everything looks good to me - the only things I'd like as options are a "29er" instead of 27.5 wheel option (to run 700c tires), and some reasonable access to the battery pack's power wires for adding high power DIY accessories myself. Of course reliable power cut on shift would be great - that's a lot of peak power.

Wouldn't care about the stock lights, lock, or fenders if they aren't a true full fender (all the aftermarket ones I've tried don't control water from front wheel well enough at speed - it's gross getting oily road water splashed on your face).

Seems like a great spec sheet in general.

Everything looks good to me - the only things I'd like as options are a "29er" instead of 27.5 wheel option (to run 700c tires), and some reasonable access to the battery pack's power wires for adding high power DIY accessories myself. Of course reliable power cut on shift would be great - that's a lot of peak power.

Wouldn't care about the stock lights, lock, or fenders if they aren't a true full fender (all the aftermarket ones I've tried don't control water from front wheel well enough at speed - it's gross getting oily road water splashed on your face).

Seems like a great spec sheet in general.

1. The bike will have 27.5x3 inch standard, and you can go up t 29 x2.2 inch if needed.
2. We use standard XT90S connectors from battery. I will plan for USB out. You can always use a battery splitter if you need raw power.
3. Stock lights will be really great - but you can always add / replace them as needed.
4. Ditto for teh locks.
5. Fenders will be full fenders (SKS / similar or better). That's not to say you wont get any water anywhere but that is close to what we can get in terms of full fenders. I would say the Allant has similar style (not exactly SKS but full). WIll that work ?

Pushkar, any idea when you'll post a illustration or photo of what the bike will look like?

I am targeting end of March for design. There are a few additional items / specs I need to think through. I anticipate that I will release the design to those who have shared their contact details with me via DM. I have a running list that is getting pretty exciting! :)

Actually tbh.. I am checking with Mods to see if there is a better way to disseminate somewhat sensitive stuff.

1. The bike will have 27.5x3 inch standard, and you can go up t 29 x2.2 inch if needed.
2. We use standard XT90S connectors from battery. I will plan for USB out. You can always use a battery splitter if you need raw power.
3. Stock lights will be really great - but you can always add / replace them as needed.
4. Ditto for teh locks.
5. Fenders will be full fenders (SKS / similar or better). That's not to say you wont get any water anywhere but that is close to what we can get in terms of full fenders. I would say the Allant has similar style (not exactly SKS but full). WIll that work ?

Yeah, a 29" would fit, but that does require building a new wheel with the rohloff. I'm still curious if/when the 27.5 will die off - sales in many markets (not ebikes) has trialed off on that wheel size. 29 does cause some sizing issues for shorter riders though, and I'd still prefer a 27.5 over a 26. I'm a taller (XL frames) rider though.

The main problem with fenders is the 12" or so ahead of the fork mount - this isn't enough to keep the water from travelling up and flying upward into your face. The wheel spins forward, carrying water with it and flinging it up. Just something that requires an extension, but would be nice to have something that works from the factory. Easy enough mod.

Lights, I build my own lights that perform much better (cutoff + output) than anything on the market, but two emitters that I used requires 84W of input and plenty of heat dissipation. Haven't seen anything on the market for bike lights perform anywhere near to what automobiles with projector lamps do - notably the beam quality. While you can't easily get the beam width in a compact size, it isn't needed, and a rounded cutoff shield prevents causing glare when steering. The DIY of this and tail lights is the only reason I wouldn't need the stock lights, but a StVZO beamed light would still work great for riders.

I'm still interested in one though. I need to consolidate a few ebikes into one that does it all well. My garage and shed storage space will be grateful. Even the front rack coming standard saves time on diying on there too - maybe a few modifications, but factory fitment just makes my changes easier.

Just take my money!

Last edited:
Yeah, a 29" would fit, but that does require building a new wheel with the rohloff. I'm still curious if/when the 27.5 will die off - sales in many markets (not ebikes) has trialed off on that wheel size. 29 does cause some sizing issues for shorter riders though, and I'd still prefer a 27.5 over a 26. I'm a taller (XL frames) rider though.

The main problem with fenders is the 12" or so ahead of the fork mount - this isn't enough to keep the water from travelling up and flying upward into your face. The wheel spins forward, carrying water with it and flinging it up. Just something that requires an extension, but would be nice to have something that works from the factory. Easy enough mod.

Lights, I build my own lights that perform much better (cutoff + output) than anything on the market, but two emitters that I used requires 84W of input and plenty of heat dissipation. Haven't seen anything on the market for bike lights perform anywhere near to what automobiles with projector lamps do - notably the beam quality. While you can't easily get the beam width in a compact size, it isn't needed, and a rounded cutoff shield prevents causing glare when steering. The DIY of this and tail lights is the only reason I wouldn't need the stock lights, but a StVZO beamed light would still work great for riders.

I'm still interested in one though. I need to consolidate a few ebikes into one that does it all well. My garage and shed storage space will be grateful. Even the front rack coming standard saves time on diying on there too - maybe a few modifications, but factory fitment just makes my changes easier.

Excellent points !
Yeah... 27.5 is a good happy medium. I have seen that 27.5 is tough for XS frame sizes, esp since the suspension seatpost adds around 4 inches to the seat tube. That was a learning earlier on and my new geometry I account for that rider seating position. Some of our customers have used the 27.5 with XL and the UC Pro rides really well with that as well. Great point.

So 2 things here
  1. I think some of the issues are because fenders are not wide enough. I chose bluemels 75 earlier because it completely covers tires up to 2/6 inches with very minimal side / front water spashback.
  2. Most fenders are between 8 /10" , including ones for Stromer, R&M. I also went through a whole host of OE catalogs - and most are 8". Can you please let me know what fender you use /prefer ? I'd be curious. May be there is something new / better ? Please let me know.

Yes, the light we supply will be StVZO compliant. That has got to be the standard moving forward. Supernova M99 as a reference uses 27W on high beam. We want to support a bright light / lights that will bring it up to that number.

You can easily tap into the XT90S connectors.

Awesome! Happy that you like the progress so far.

Excellent points !

Yeah... 27.5 is a good happy medium. I have seen that 27.5 is tough for XS frame sizes, esp since the suspension seatpost adds around 4 inches to the seat tube. That was a learning earlier on and my new geometry I account for that rider seating position. Some of our customers have used the 27.5 with XL and the UC Pro rides really well with that as well. Great point.

So 2 things here
  1. I think some of the issues are because fenders are not wide enough. I chose bluemels 75 earlier because it completely covers tires up to 2/6 inches with very minimal side / front water spashback.
  2. Most fenders are between 8 /10" , including ones for Stromer, R&M. I also went through a whole host of OE catalogs - and most are 8". Can you please let me know what fender you use /prefer ? I'd be curious. May be there is something new / better ? Please let me know.

Yes, the light we supply will be StVZO compliant. That has got to be the standard moving forward. Supernova M99 as a reference uses 27W on high beam. We want to support a bright light / lights that will bring it up to that number.

You can easily tap into the XT90S connectors.

Awesome! Happy that you like the progress so far.

I will be holding off on anymore mods on my current bikes this season until more is revealed about this potential new bike. It takes a lot of time to do the same thing 3 times to get my three bikes setup similarly.

My dropbar gravel bike with BBSHD is quick and handles well, but I cannot get gearsensors to work reliably and I've had a few bent derailleurs, and the suspensionless build (can't even use a suspension post due to Giant's D-shaped tube) wears on me during certain stretches. My crosscurrent x is just a slug uphill or into headwind, but more comfortable than the above. My full suspension 29er is comfy, but sucks energy when I normally ride behind others with no assist for a few miles every commute. I haven't commuted on my juggernaut ultra, but will likely be selling that as a 2-2.5" wide tire is much nicer to ride on the street than fat. That bike feels like riding in a Crown Vic though - big and floaty.

I wish this was out sooner rather than later - I'd likely go from 4 to 2 bikes!

I’m in!

I was on the verge of preordering the FLX Blade 2.0. I was very attracted to the spec sheet but not so much the looks (and the branding everywhere).

The specs of this bike take it to another level! Just what I’m looking for - reliable commuter that is capable of getting on trails.

Can’t wait to see the concept to design!

PSA- if you are interested in the bike, please DM me with your contact details. I will have an invite-only private thread for the designs soon. Mods should have that up later today.

I "started a conversation" with you; is that what you mean by DM?

Back