Any interest in committing to pre-launch price for a limited run hard tail superbike ? Round One Pricing added- through April 11th.

I will commit to buying a Watt Wagons super bike at this special pre-launch price

• $5,499

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • $5,699

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • $5,899

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just bought a Creo so I'll have to wait another year before buying another bike. But would love a Bafang mid-drive with a Rohloff and Gates carbon belt. Would be a great errand runner and all-around bike. Like the choice of aluminum as the frame material to keep cost down. But I'm a year away from buying another bike
Now I'm glad I didn't buy that Creo after my test ride on Tuesday. :cool:

How easy is the integrated battery to swap, some are a real pain if they drop out through the bottom. In the specs it says battery 1100Wh-2000Wh is that single vs dual battery or a single larger battery?

Would 1000W nominal be an option or only the full 2300W ? Can it be re-tuned after purchase with this new controller?

How easy is the integrated battery to swap, some are a real pain if they drop out through the bottom. In the specs it says battery 1100Wh-2000Wh is that single vs dual battery or a single larger battery?

Would 1000W nominal be an option or only the full 2300W ? Can it be re-tuned after purchase with this new controller?

The integrated battery will be easy to swap. I’ll pick common battery designs so in the future you can buy a similar pack from us or from other retailers. That’s a big consideration on the design. Integrated but available and easy to replace.
On the capacity - my goal is to offer a total of atleast 1100wh on board. That may be 2 batteries (say 800wh integrated and 300 wh on top). The max I want to get to is 2000wh across 2 batteries (900 on board, 1100 add on ).

Right now the firmware allows us a single config (1000 w or 2300w). However as we develop an app, you can use that to de-tune it. You cannot increase it but you can detune it. Ie if you bought 1000w version , you can do 750 and 1000w. If you bought 2300w version , you can do 750/1000/2300w.

All founder series bikes will have the ability to do all Settings (750/1000/2300).

Last edited:
I find this throttle pretty controlled
And you can always change your programming on it so it has less power etc , think it has a few parameter to change for the throttle

What type of bike is this: commuter, road/race, mountain, trekking, cruiser, or something else?
From the specs it sounds like a commuter bike. If so, how is it different from the UCP other than the battery integration?

I am focusing on hard tail right now. The FS with belt is a harder problem. I think a GPS will be a great stretch goal! Most 27.5x2.6/ 2.8 can typically fit 29x2.2. I will use that as a base so we have options.

Also - the pre-launch price I am mentioning is for founders only. I want to build something for people who have confidence that I can deliver a world class product. This will not be retail.

I understand so your target is a clean looking, agile commuter like Stromer, RM charger etc.

On a side note, the poll is just for gauging the price not the actual commitment right?

Last edited:
I was reviewing the updated specs in the OP and see rigid carbon front fork. No suspension other than seat post?

What type of bike is this: commuter, road/race, mountain, trekking, cruiser, or something else?
From the specs it sounds like a commuter bike. If so, how is it different from the UCP other than the battery integration?

Integrated batteries is the primary driver. As you can see, specs are close to the UCPro. Second is the front fork will have both rigid and suspension options.

My guess is the majority will want front fork so glad they have that option if weight and cost stay reasonable.

I've read the new controller can support automatic shifting. Any chance of Rohloff E-14 shifting system?

I think most people want a suspension fork with the option to lock on this type of bike, get the best of both worlds, the only time it's worth it, is if it's carbon fiber then you save weight and get some absorption.
My wrists would be killing me from vibration without a suspension fork on trails.

I think most people want a suspension fork with the option to lock on this type of bike, get the best of both worlds, the only time it's worth it, is if it's carbon fiber then you save weight and get some absorption.
My wrists would be killing me from vibration without a suspension fork on trails.

You are right. I am designing the bike that will work with both fork options equally well (consistent stack height). You can pick the fork style you need for your build.

Hey everyone. Now that I have a little more visibility into the rest of the year, I want to explore if there are riders here interested in being part of something really cool and helping launch a superbike.

Here is how I am envisioning this will work
  1. Riders will make a financial commitment for the full price (pick your pre-launch commit price before April 30)
  2. Get delivery in the summer
What you get in return in the following
  1. Top of the line bike with integrated batteries and specs. Think Stromer style language.
  2. Mid drive with the new controller + couple of innovations
  3. A special edition bike with 3 year warranty, at an incredible founder price.
  4. Free / unlimited upgrades for the first year - any components we do to make the bike better in the first year, you get upgraded for free
I will post updates if there is interest. Can we make this happen ?

Pick your pre-launch commit price point in the poll above, and leave a comment below so I can send you commit details.

Edit:

Baseline specs for Founders edition bike (running list).
  1. Motor - Bafang Ultra, Archon X1 controller, unlocked to 2300W nominal / 3000W peak
  2. Battery minimum - 1100Wh. Reach goal 2000Wh . Frame integrated.
  3. Rohloff
  4. Gates belt drive
  5. Front fork - Rigid carbon fork with pannier mounts.
  6. Dual front lights, StVZO compliant. Total Brighness better than Supernova M99 Pro.
  7. Brake actuated rear light.
  8. Magura Mt5e or better front/ rear brakes. 203mm rotors.
  9. Kinekt Suspension Seatpost
  10. Brooks B-17 imperial saddle
  11. Loop bar or better
  12. Ergon Gp1 or better grips.
  13. SKS or better Front / rear fenders.
  14. Front rack / Rear Rack
  15. Abus locks or better.
  16. Bike available in M/ L/ XL

Reach goals
  1. Bike Lock keyed the same as battery lock.
  2. Some sort of protection for all components
  3. Bike tracking
Please keep posting any other things that we shoudl include and I will add to this list.
Add to the list: integrated wiring on par with Stromer ST5. Love the superclean look.

If internal wiring is going to seriously limit repair ability I would prefer semi integrated. Function over form for me. Any protection for components from fall over is great.

I believe Stromer over engineered their product making it too difficult to repair especially without parts on site. I don’t think any local shop will have an inventory of another bike to borrow from from or any other parts just a wrench.

If internal wiring is going to seriously limit repair ability I would prefer semi integrated. Function over form for me. Any protection for components from fall over is great.

I believe Stromer over engineered their product making it too difficult to repair especially without parts on site. I don’t think any local shop will have an inventory of another bike to borrow from from or any other parts just a wrench.
I agree with that, integrated but still able to be repaired without great difficulty.

Back