Analog bicycle? Acoustic Bicycle??

"A real hit" 🤣😂
Don't laugh! I'm friends with a respected country music singer/songwriter/guitarist who is in his 70s. When I started talking about electric bikes, he growled "I prefer acoustic bikes..." :) He was even not aware the term "acoustic bike" had been already in use!

What about just "bike" or "bicycle"?
Because what is called "Class 1" e-bike in the U.S. is treated equally with traditional bikes all over the world, that is, in most world regions. Both mech bike and e-bike are just bikes.

They are all words. Word are just labels where people assigned meanings behind it. As long as people get the intended meaning, it’s doing what it’s supposed to do. “That’s dope!”....Everyone understands that it’s not referring to drugs.

Don't laugh! I'm friends with a respected country music singer/songwriter/guitarist who is in his 70s. When I started talking about electric bikes, he growled "I prefer acoustic bikes..." :) He was even not aware the term "acoustic bike" had been already in use!
That's all I need to know. Professional guitarist approved term, since 2020!

Ha yes! I hate hate hate 'acoustic.'

Putting aside whether people would understand you or not, I think 'manual' is the perfect word, because it means human powered. See pic

Analog is kind of mediocre since it's very divorced from the original meaning of analog, and just means not electronic. Better to use a word that describes what something is, not what it isn't

I also use e/bikes to refer to both, since in the wider world they're very similar in the grand scheme of things while also highlighting electrics may make people more receptive to using bikes in ways they hadn't seriously considered.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200731-135918_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20200731-135918_Brave.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 268
Ha yes! I hate hate hate 'acoustic.'

Putting aside whether people would understand you or not, I think 'manual' is the perfect word, because it means human powered. See pic

Analog is kind of mediocre since it's very divorced from the original meaning of analog, and just means not electronic. Better to use a word that describes what something is, not what it isn't

I also use e/bikes to refer to both, since in the wider world they're very similar in the grand scheme of things while also highlighting electrics may make people more receptive to using bikes in ways they hadn't seriously considered.

I agree... Let's go with Manual and Emanual 🤣😄

Traditional, acoustic, human powered, analog...whatever. Each is a commonly used term for the same thing.

The purpose of language is to communicate. Each of these terms works for that purpose. I know what someone is writing or talking about when any of those terms are used. They communicate identical meanings.

There are more important things with which to take issue; such as how many angels can dance on the head of a pin...or is that on a pinhead?

How about bicycle and motorized bike because the moment you add and use non-human power it's a different thing altogether, kind of like taking a sailboat and powering it with a gas engine.

How about bicycle and motorized bike because the moment you add and use non-human power it's a different thing altogether, kind of like taking a sailboat and powering it with a gas engine.
Most people still call a sailboat equipped with an auxiliary engine as sailboat. However in the Rules of the Road, a sailboat using an engine, even if the sails are in use at the same time, is considered a power boat and has no added right of way over other power boats. For a sailboat to get the priority right of way it must be under sail only.

We can't do that:eek: That's the argument that people use to deny us access to bike paths and trails. Took a lot of work and a lot of time to separate us from motorized vehicles.

Back