Allant+7 thoughts/review

well they figured out where the squeak was coming from. believe it or not it was from the seat. rear screw was not tight enough. they said they have seen this problem before. so far the squeak appears 2 be gone.
Another chapter in as the wheel turns. after several visits to the trek store they told me the squeak was finally narrowed down to the bike seat. Although I wasn't totally convinced I did not hear the squeak for the next several rides. Yesterday the infamous squeak returned louder then ever. For some strange reason I looked at the setting on my suspension fork. it was set to open.so I closed it. the squeak is now totally gone and has been for my past several rides.
Can you imagine that a squeaky suspension fork. Next question would be what would cause a suspension fork to squeak in the open position? Has anyone seen this before?
Stan

Question regarding cockpit setup. Do you move your brake lever so that you are only braking with one finger or do you keep it to two fingers?

So I was out for my first ride to work today and the rear tire decided to puncture less than 15 minutes in. I was really enjoying the ride and leisurely catching up to a road bike. Off the the bike shop and asked them to replace it with tubeless. I’ve also asked them to put tire inserts in. My worst nightmare on day one. At least I wasn’t too far from home and it wasn’t pouring down, though I have to park my bike at the bottom of the hill, walked up to get my car to pick up the bike.
I still have no idea why the puncture happened. I had it inflated to 40psi front and rear which is around mid point of the recommended parameters. I was riding on the road and I don’t think I ride on anything even that could puncture the tire.
I am seriously unprepared for tire punctures. 😬

this is why i carry a spare tube, small pump, and tiny little plastic tire irons. oh, plus you have to have a wrench or two to remove the axles. kinda makes me question if tubeless is "better." at 52-54 pounds for my e-bike, a few grams on a tube is kinda ridiculous. i could lose ten pounds myself.

on one weekend trip with my wife, we had two consecutive flats. but that was on our luna folding bikes with 20" tires. our Allants have over 2,000 miles on them without incident. i think the "E-BIKE 50 km/h APPROVED" rating that is on the tire sidewall heavies up all the ebike components, not just tires. tim

Yup, all our bikes have a little tool bag under the seat. Each one has customized contents specific to that bike (correct allen wrenches, tube, inflator, etc.). If you haven’t had a flat yet….you will!

Another important item to keep in the bag is a rag of some sort because when your chain falls off one day your hands will get filthy putting it back on.

Oh…and an AirTag. At least here in the USA the dominance of Apple devices makes an amazing mesh network for the locators.

Yup, all our bikes have a little tool bag under the seat. Each one has customized contents specific to that bike (correct allen wrenches, tube, inflator, etc.). If you haven’t had a flat yet….you will!

Another important item to keep in the bag is a rag of some sort because when your chain falls off one day your hands will get filthy putting it back on.

Oh…and an AirTag. At least here in the USA the dominance of Apple devices makes an amazing mesh network for the locators.
I’ll add: nitrile gloves,

I’ll add: Children’s chewable Benadryl tablets, band aids, Grease Monkey hand cleaners, nitrile gloves

So true! Totally forgot about the gloves. I have used them more than once. Once for me…once helping someone else.

5A8425D4-21F4-4A7E-8345-66BFFB9452E4.jpeg

These work.

this is why i carry a spare tube, small pump, and tiny little plastic tire irons. oh, plus you have to have a wrench or two to remove the axles. kinda makes me question if tubeless is "better." at 52-54 pounds for my e-bike, a few grams on a tube is kinda ridiculous. i could lose ten pounds myself.

on one weekend trip with my wife, we had two consecutive flats. but that was on our luna folding bikes with 20" tires. our Allants have over 2,000 miles on them without incident. i think the "E-BIKE 50 km/h APPROVED" rating that is on the tire sidewall heavies up all the ebike components, not just tires. tim
I used to own a shitty mtb that I bought cheap from a department store and never run a flat on it for years. Really baffles me when this happened to a brand new bike.

I used to own a shitty mtb that I bought cheap from a department store and never run a flat on it for years. Really baffles me when this happened to a brand new bike.
i think flat incidents are closely related to environment, trash, construction, cactus, etc. we live in a clean area where the paved bike paths are well maintained and the people care. we got our flats in a town that wasn't so nice, partly from lack of care but also from construction.

Can anyone please give me some education about the Alex md35 27.5” rim that comes with the bike? What tire spec do I look for when buying a replacement tire in the future?

Google it.
Where is Dallant?
I tried asking Google. All they do is tell you what tire to get, nothing about sizing.
Ps I do get annoyed sometimes when people tell me to Google it because that’s the first thing I do, but I also know a lot of people who asked questions before googling it, and that annoys people. The paradox.

Justin,
First of all, ignore that guy.
Secondly, your Allant+ 7 came with 27.5x2.25" tyres (57-584 ETRTO size). Your 35 mm rims are really wide (so called WT or Wide Trail). You could fit pretty wide tyres there but there is a factor that will limit you: the mudguard size. If you want to be on the safe side, search for 57-584 (27.5 x 2.25") tyres. Now, your e-bike probably came with Schwalbe G-Ones, which are one of the best tyres for mixed terrain, that is, pavement and gravel. What kind of rides do you plan to do (so you want to replace tyres)?

Justin,
First of all, ignore that guy.
Secondly, your Allant+ 7 came with 27.5x2.25" tyres (57-584 ETRTO size). Your 35 mm rims are really wide (so called WT or Wide Trail). You could fit pretty wide tyres there but there is a factor that will limit you: the mudguard size. If you want to be on the safe side, search for 57-584 (27.5 x 2.25") tyres. Now, your e-bike probably came with Schwalbe G-Ones, which are one of the best tyres for mixed terrain, that is, pavement and gravel. What kind of rides do you plan to do (so you want to replace tyres)?
Thanks!
Yes it did came with the Schwalbe G-Ones, do you know if the one that comes with the bike is tubeless ready?
I'm doing mostly pavement but would like to reserve the option to do the occasional gravel trails.
Puncture resistance is the highest on my list.

Back