700 scheduled to arrive Monday. re,Spokes!

tlippy

Almost hope the spokes are loose! So I can use my new ZTTO spoke tension meter from AliExpress. Seriously, I like "measured" adjustments, rather than "plunking". This will be the first bike that I'm going to pay xtra attention to maintenance. The weight and torque, I expect will put, serious strain on the spokes. Especially with alloy rims.
Anyone know what diameter are the F. and R. spoke diameters are? So I can enter the values on Park's spoke chart?

Last edited:
We got two 700s in June. Hope its not bad news to you but all four wheels were very true and none of the spokes needed any tightening. I placed zip ties on the fork and rear frame and placed them near the rims. I doubt that the rims were even 1/16th out of true. Maybe some of these poor quality wheels mentioned were built on a Friday afternoon ;-) I've got about 300 miles on mine, and they are still very true.

We got two 700s in June. Hope its not bad news to you but all four wheels were very true and none of the spokes needed any tightening. I placed zip ties on the fork and rear frame and placed them near the rims. I doubt that the rims were even 1/16th out of true. Maybe some of these poor quality wheels mentioned were built on a Friday afternoon ;-) I've got about 300 miles on mine, and they are still very true
Stand over your bike. Hold the brakes locked and bounce the front end up and down, off the ground
Stand over your bike. Hold the brakes locked and bounce the front end up and down, off the ground. No clicking or sounds like there's play somewhere?

Back