60Ah ANIIOKI AQ177 Pro Max Specs & Upgrade Ideas

LIONSxLEADER

Region
USA
Hey Everyone! I just bought my first E-Bike the ANIIOKI AQ177 Pro Max with 60AH for 1700$ plus 5% cash back on amazon! I figure with a huge battery, full suspension & carbon steel frame, it makes a nice base platform for future upgrades.

I'll be posting specs about the bike here, as well as ideas for upgrades or mods for upgradable parts like shocks, brakes, motors, seats, backrests, foot pegs, Etc. Here are some specs.
PriceE-BikeBatteryMotor nmTire SizeBike WeightMax LoadBenchSeat MaxFrame MaterialControllerMotor WMotor PeakBattery typeSpeedMotor
$1,700.00ANIIOKI AQ177 Pro Max60AH80 nm20x4.0112 Lbs350 Lbs110 LbsCarbon Steel48V 25A750W1200WSamsung28 mphHub

Upgrades list
BatteryRear ShocksFront ForkBrakesGearsMotorsTiresWheel / RimSeat
900$ 48V 60AH
1100$ 52V 60AH

Here is a review of the bike

Nice! I bought the same bike with the same thoughts for upgrading.
My thoughts so far:
I'm thinking about drilling holes in the frame in front of the rear axel and bolting on some bmx style pegs.

But first I want to replace the motor and make sure the pegs don't conflict with the torque arm I plan on installing.

The front fork seems like junk. I can't figure out how to add air to it. It doesn't seem like you can.
I was looking at this for a replacement, but not sure if this one is any good.

I'm thinking about a 3kw motor. I found this:
Do you think this would fit?
It rides like a tank, but its exactly what I was after: A sturdy frame with a huge battery.
Looking forward to hear your ideas.

Reyer

Not knocking your purchase but that is a electric moped. I like them myself and have considered getting a Ariel Rider Grizzly just for fun. But I know eventually the cops will pull me over, mostly for speed, and it will just become a hassle. Plus I kinda need to get some exercise while riding. I already have a gas powered motor scooter for my main transportation and I really don't need a moped as well.

What brand brakes are on that Anioki? At that speed and weight brakes are VERY important.

Enjoy your purchase and keep us posted on how it does.

Nobody seems to know because I haven’t heard of anybody running the battery all the out. I have 50 miles on mine so far and the display still shows full battery.
Can you just not charge and see when it dies the next time?

Nice! I bought the same bike with the same thoughts for upgrading.
My thoughts so far:
I'm thinking about drilling holes in the frame in front of the rear axel and bolting on some bmx style pegs.

But first I want to replace the motor and make sure the pegs don't conflict with the torque arm I plan on installing.

The front fork seems like junk. I can't figure out how to add air to it. It doesn't seem like you can.
I was looking at this for a replacement, but not sure if this one is any good.

I'm thinking about a 3kw motor. I found this:
Do you think this would fit?
It rides like a tank, but its exactly what I was after: A sturdy frame with a huge battery.
Looking forward to hear your ideas.

Reyer
Hey Reyer! Nice to have someone thinking the same thing I was! What is your height and weight and what do you think about the bike's weight? I haven't received mine yet, I'm excited. I wonder what it will be like on easier hiking / bike trails. Also I wonder what size motor would be appropriate for the controller at 25A I think the equation goes 25A x 48V = 1200W (which is also the peak wattage of the bikes motor) so something like a 1000W motor sounds like it would be happy with the 48V controller. Can anyone shed some light on what kind of motor would be optimal for use with that kind of controller? Also the brakes are apparently 180x3mm motorcycle caliber hydraulic disc brakes. not sure what the measurement's are to find compatible replacement front forks. ill know more when i get the bike.

Hey Reyer! Nice to have someone thinking the same thing I was! What is your height and weight and what do you think about the bike's weight? I haven't received mine yet, I'm excited. I wonder what it will be like on easier hiking / bike trails. Also I wonder what size motor would be appropriate for the controller at 25A I think the equation goes 25A x 48V = 1200W (which is also the peak wattage of the bikes motor) so something like a 1000W motor sounds like it would be happy with the 48V controller. Can anyone shed some light on what kind of motor would be optimal for use with that kind of controller? Also the brakes are apparently 180x3mm motorcycle caliber hydraulic disc brakes. not sure what the measurement's are to find compatible replacement front forks. ill know more when i get the bike.
I’m a big guy, 6’5” 250 lbs, which is why I needed a big sturdy platform to work with.
I plan on replacing the controller along with the motor. The kit I linked above was for a motor and controller. The brakes work fine for what they are, but they are definitely undersized and will need to be upgraded to 200 or 220mm rotors.
The bike is certainly heavy and rides that way, but a new front fork will go a long way toward improving ride quality. Out of the box the front fork is bottoming out with little resistance.
What I was trying to say about range is that mine hasn’t died yet after the first charge so I don’t know yet about range.

On level ground mine tops out at 28 mph and 17 amps. If the 60 Ah rating on the battery is accurate (given that it weighs over 30 lbs. I'm inclined to think it is) then I can ride just about 100 miles. I'm just shy of 300 lbs. No way my butt is good for 100 miles. In practice I will never worry about having enough range for any ride I'm likely to take.

The bike is not without its flaws.
• The cruise control is annoying and dangerous. So far I have not found a way to shut it off.
• The rear spokes were very noisy. Sounded like loose bolts tumbling around in the motor. I bit of greese to the point here the spokes cross and touch has solved that issue for now.
• Both tires are out of round. The correct spoke wrench comes tomorrow. I doubt I can get the tires to run true though.
• The front fork bottoms out on too many bumps.
• The stated 350 lb rating is optimistic.
• The freewheel ratios are completely mismatched to the bike. Hoping to find a 7 speed 32-11 freewheel to replace it with.

Bottom Line
1. BIg battery eliminates range anxiety.
2. Needs better tires.
3. Needs new freewheel.
4. Needs new forks.
5. Adding a Dropper seat post FastAce FSP 302
6. Adding better cruising seat
7. Well priced for what you get.
8. Great platform for customizing.
9. They just announced the 1000/1400 watt with a 52 volt battery version today

While fiddling around with the display menus I discovered that the manual was written for a different bike. The first item on the advanced menu is UOL and it is the voltage threshold of each bar on the battery gauge (handlebar display not the gauge physically on the battery).

Below is a graphic I put together showing how to set up this menu item. Unfortunately, the factory defaults are harmful to the battery and give a misleading estimate of range.

The values I have set in my bike are as follows
5 bars 51.5 volts = 80%
4 bars 48.4 volts = 60%
3 bars 45.2 volts = 40%
2 bars 43.7 volts = 30%
1 bar 42.1 volts = 20%

1685957831404.png

Last edited:
Any more updates on this bike, especially the battery? Does your battery have UL sticker on it? Company claims UL certification, but not sure if the paperwork is all complete. These batteries from this company and a couple of others (I assume sam cell manufacturer) have been working well with very few issues. They have a 52V version now as well.
This is certainly a game changer for the bike delivery industry, and I think this capacity might win over many bike commuters that are not cyclist enthusiasts.
I'd like to see this battery on a more traditional e-bike aimed at bike-packing / touring. Forget the rear suspension go for a hard tail with a great rack system.

Any more updates on this bike, especially the battery? Does your battery have UL sticker on it? Company claims UL certification, but not sure if the paperwork is all complete. These batteries from this company and a couple of others (I assume sam cell manufacturer) have been working well with very few issues. They have a 52V version now as well.
This is certainly a game changer for the bike delivery industry, and I think this capacity might win over many bike commuters that are not cyclist enthusiasts.
I'd like to see this battery on a more traditional e-bike aimed at bike-packing / touring. Forget the rear suspension go for a hard tail with a great rack system.
Im not sure about a UL rating but the batteries for the Aniioki AQ177 bikes are supposed to be grade A, EV level quality as opposed to a conglomeration of 18650 cells. Not that theres anything wrong with 18650 style battery packs. I have a 20ah version that is still working well after 5yrs. I just hope and figure that EV level batteries will last even longer. I just purchased a ln AQ177 pro-max so have a vested interest in seeing its battery do well. As far as my bike and battery-so far so good!

More valid info here:
Thanks for that! Awesome demonstration and battery check. Seems like Aniioki is doing its best to be an honest/quality ebike manufacturer. Not everything from China is junk and not every Chinese seller is trying to scam someone. You do have to be careful but Id say that about any product and any seller.

You bring up a great point that not everyone is a "cycling" enthusiast. Im certainly not. I wanted more of an "Emoped" that offered more comfort & range than most Ebikes do because I would use it for my primary mode of local transportation(and not a cross country training trip). The AQ177 gives me, personally exactly what I was looking for. I can literally ride it all day long doing errands, grocery shopping(Ive installed baskets front & rear on mine) and carting my 30lb Puggapoo(dog) along with me in the rear basket and never worry about running the batteries down. Ive also installed a seat with backrest for more comfort on my longer days out. Had the Aq177 for near a month now and have used my jeep just twice since and only because it was pouring rain.

Back