Budget E-Bike list of Full Suspension, Integrated Batteries 900-2000$

OMG, 112lbs?!?
Another member of this forum was good enough to post a video of a fella who did both a battery capacity test on Aniioki's 48v, 60ah battery and a real world range test on the Aniioki AQ177 Ebike in general. You can find it if you look at my posts, I think. Im not great at forums so dont know how to do that from your perspective but you probly do. Anyway, to summerize the results of the guys tests; Starting with a full charge, he road the bike around lake Tahoe, a route with many hills that he measured to be just a hair under 85 miles long. He maintained a speed of +/- 25mph whenever possible and did no peddaling at all. Upon finishing, he estimated that the bikes battery was still about 25% charged(according to the bikes battery gauge). He then did a full capacity test on the battery by discharging the battery completely and measuring how many amps were required to fully recharge it. It took 57.8 amps to fully recharge the 60ah battery, which is reasonable since the batteries BMS probably prevented it from being 100%, totally discharged in the 1st place. So, Aniioki's 100 mile, un-assisted range claim actually under states the bikes range-unless the estimate was made assuming a 250lb rider(which is the heaviest a rider should be, according to the manufacturer). I think the total weight the bike is supposed to be able to support is 350lbs. But with that much weight, youre going to see major performance drops from just about any ebike out there. So the "cheap-Chinese" AQ177 is actually the pretty dang decent ebike that it claims to be! I know that Im pretty happy with mine and only getting happier the more I learn about it-such as the results of the fellas battery tests

So, Aniioki's 100 mile, un-assisted range claim actually under states the bikes range-unless the estimate was made assuming a 250lb rider
It took me a minute to realize you meant unassisted by human power :) Usually, on these forums that term is referring to pedaling unassisted by the motor.

I watched the vid. They stated 3500ft ele gain and 85 miles. Bolton calculated about 750wh left on the 2880wh battery, which pencils out to about 25wh/mi. Not unreasonable, and a little better than the mfgr's 28.8 wh/mi estimate. Fyi, a typical wh/mi on pedal assist might be in the 10-15 wh/mi range. Folks on SL bikes usually somewhere below 10 wh/mi.

Glad you like your ride and it fits your needs. Personally, I like to pedal and like a more modular approach so I only need to bring whatever electrons and weight I might need for any given ride.

It took me a minute to realize you meant unassisted by human power :) Usually, on these forums that term is referring to pedaling unassisted by the motor.

I watched the vid. They stated 3500ft ele gain and 85 miles. Bolton calculated about 750wh left on the 2880wh battery, which pencils out to about 25wh/mi. Not unreasonable, and a little better than the mfgr's 28.8 wh/mi estimate. Fyi, a typical wh/mi on pedal assist might be in the 10-15 wh/mi range. Folks on SL bikes usually somewhere below 10 wh/mi.

Glad you like your ride and it fits your needs. Personally, I like to pedal and like a more modular approach so I only need to bring whatever electrons and weight I might need for any given ride.
Yes, I use to like pedaling more but aging has made me lazy(er) 😏 Anyway, I guess I zoned out when the fella started talking about exact watt hours and so forth but the details you quoted for how much battery was left after the Lake Tahoe ride reflects my more generalized qoute pretty much exactly. 750÷2880=0.26×100=26% battery left. And 15miles(remaining to reach 100miles)x 25wh/m(your estimate of the bikes averaged power usage)=375wh. 750wh-375wh=375wh. So according to the math, had the guy ridden a full 100miles, he'd still have around 375wh left in the battery. Id say thats pretty dang good(especially considering elevation climbed) and very reflective of the manufacturers range claims. And please forgive me for my poor usage of Ebike terms. On the other hand, the way one uses the terms can probably predict a lot about what he/she wants from an Ebike. For example, I use my ebike to get around town as effortlessly and economically as possible while doing daily errands and so forth. So my idea of a useful ebike is one that doesnt need much assistance from me to get me around! Your idea of a useful ebike may be one that simply gives you an extra bit of boost to peak a big hill so you speak in terms of the motor assisting you.

Thanks for the reply and advice but not everyone shares your needs or desires in an "ebike". In fact, that was a very large part of the point I was trying to make in my initial reply to the long gone OP lol! The AQ177a is literally EXACTLY what I wanted and had been looking for. Ive now owned it for going on a month and havent been disappointed in the least. Furthermore, I havent encountered any of the issues you brought up concerning the AQ177s weight. I live in Northern Maine where roads are built up & over hills, not through them. With its 48v, 1000watt(not peak!) motor, my AQ177 powers over the many hills on my daily routes with only a little slow down near the tops(thats without me peddaling). As far as "true" range, that cant be predicted ahead of time for any ebike. There are just too many variables. What I DO KNOW though is that with 2880 watt hours, my AQ177 gets me everywhere and anywhere I "want and need" to go without causing me a single iota of range anxiety. Also, and again because my needs are different from yours, Ill never transport my AQ177 on a bicycle bumper hitch carrier. I purchased it to be my primary source of transportation. How can I get away with that? Consider that I bought my 2010 Jeep Patriot in 2013 when it had 20k miles on it. Now in 2023, ten years later, my jeep has just 50k miles on it. In other words, I rarely travel and when I do its close to home, doing errands locally. So a "moped" like Ebike suites me perfectly. Furthermore, if I ever did decide to hop in my motorhome and travel cross country, Id use a proper carrier such as one designed to hold dirt bikes or small motorcycle. Oh, and neither is the AQ177 my "first" Ebike. Its my second. My first I built about five or eight years ago? From a rear wheel kit and a light weight mountain bike that I purchased specifically to convert. It was(still is, actually!) a 36v system that works very well for what it is. Initially, I bought a 20ah battery pack for it and later built two additional 15+ah battery packs by myself(after some research and YouTube video watching). The much older 20ah pack has lost a bit of capacity but is still a good, reliable pack. Anyway, my 1st ebike met my needs for quite awhile but no longer does. Thus I sat down, decided what my new needs were and went shopping. The AQ177 seemed to meet all of my current needs so I bought it to discover that YES! It really does meet all of my current needs lol! Imagine that? Will I ever buy another Ebike? Dunno. Getting kinda old(ish). On the other hand, people buy new things all the time, right? So maybe-but I doubt it. You seem to be trying hard to convince me that your needs in an ebike should be mine, but that really isnt how it works. You're concerned that an Ebike like mine doesnt even "feel" like an ebike. That seems to be a drawback in your eyes. Not to me at all. I didnt want an Ebikey ebike. I wanted an electric moped and thats pretty much exactly what I got in my AQ177. Bottom line is that we all have different needs in an ebike(or a car, or a wife/husband, or whatever!!). You buy the ebike that suites your needs, and Ill buy one that suites my needs 😁
Wow, long rant. So sorry, was actually trying to help with info, not imagine your needs are identical to anyone else’s.
You should probably expect actual responses in posting on a forum, so while you can feel free to ignore my an other other well-intentioned posts you don’t care for, perhaps they’ll help the hundreds or more people reading the thread later.

Have fun.

You should probably expect actual responses in posting on a forum, so while you can feel free to ignore my an other other well-intentioned posts you don’t care for, perhaps they’ll help the hundreds or more people reading the thread later.
Yeah. My comments were centered around seeing deliberate lies in the product marketing and what those mean when assessing whether a bike is what its seller pretends it to be... and the desire for someone not to blow a thousand bucks on something that is likely to break thanks to bottom of the line parts. You ride and build long enough and you learn things. You make mistakes yourself that you then want others to not make the hard way like you did.

Reactions: rtp
Wow, long rant. So sorry, was actually trying to help with info, not imagine your needs are identical to anyone else’s.

Have fun.
Yup. I can be long winded sometimes. Thats not against forum rules, is it? I guess I figure folk are free to read or not read whatever they choose and it wont hurt my feelings if someone chooses not to read my "rants" 😉.
And speaking of reading, Ill let folk read the exchanges here for themselves and come to their own conclusions about things. Thanks for the reply and take care!

Back