Any way to remove pedal assist? + pedal moves forward with bike

inoob

i have a problem amego infinite plus which is similar to the ncm moscow .. So if i walk my bike forward , the pedal also goes forward too meaning the pedal assist will kick in at the same time so im hoping to take out the chain tmrw and ride it full throttle without the chain..

im pretty sure my derailer or something is messed since i don't pedal i thought it'd be good to just remove the chain.. I want to disable pedal assist in-case i kick the pedal and have it throttle on me by accident , is there a way? thanks

i have a problem amego infinite plus which is similar to the ncm moscow .. So if i walk my bike forward , the pedal also goes forward too meaning the pedal assist will kick in at the same time so im hoping to take out the chain tmrw and ride it full throttle without the chain..

im pretty sure my derailer or something is messed since i don't pedal i thought it'd be good to just remove the chain.. I want to disable pedal assist in-case i kick the pedal and have it throttle on me by accident , is there a way? thanks

"im hoping to take out the chain tmrw and ride it full throttle without the chain.."

Glad this is illegal in the UK or we would have loads of cheap "motorbikes" ridden by ................., what is the point of a BIKE then, get a motorbike, a Bicycle is a bicycle hence pedals!

"im hoping to take out the chain tmrw and ride it full throttle without the chain.."

Glad this is illegal in the UK or we would have loads of cheap "motorbikes" ridden by ................., what is the point of a BIKE then, get a motorbike, a Bicycle is a bicycle hence pedals!
food delivery and it doesnt go over 34 kmh in Canada

,.. I want to disable pedal assist in-case i kick the pedal and have it throttle on me by accident , is there a way? thanks

You could just remove or disconnect your cadence sensor.

You'd have to remove your crank arm to get to it, and Unfortunately Das-Kit has the sensor hard wired directly into the controller so you'd just tie it up out of the way.

I'm 95% sure that you can just cut the wire from the cadence sensor and you will get no faults.

You could just remove or disconnect your cadence sensor.

You'd have to remove your crank arm to get to it, and Unfortunately Das-Kit has the sensor hard wired directly into the controller so you'd just tie it up out of the way.

I'm 95% sure that you can just cut the wire from the cadence sensor and you will get no faults.
any idea what or where the wire looks like / is?

This is my Das-Kit cadence sensor on my Et.Cycle T1000.
You possibly have the same sensor.

20240116_105229.jpg

Just cut the wire circled in red.

There are 3 wires inside that cable.
Make sure that they don't short out to each other (copper touching copper) at the cut, separate them and put some tape of glue on rhe cut.

That cable is really short and you don't have much to work with.

There are 3 wires inside that cable.
Make sure that they don't short out to each other (copper touching copper) at the cut, separate them and put some tape of glue on rhe cut.

That cable is really short and you don't have much to work with.
thanks , this wire right?

Attachments

• 11111.jpg
    11111.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 27
thanks , this wire right?

Yup That's It.
Snip Snip. 😂

You'll have to take a leap of faith, because I haven't actually done it myself, but I'm almost positive that it will work without throwing any error codes.

I'm glad I live in Canada.
We don't have to pedal our bikes if we don't wanna.
We're allowed to go 32, and we can have a throttle too !!

You're just jealous of our freedoms here.

Why not fix it or at least look at it? It could be as simple as a piece of stray cord or a branch got wrapped up between the freewheel and and hub. If not. maybe the freewheel pawls are stuck and it needs a shot of lubricant. Worst case, the basic Shimano freewheel is like $12 on amazon. A cassette would cost a bit more,

Trashing a bike by cutting wires ... you do that in the movies when stuck in zombie land and you got to get away.

Why not fix it or at least look at it? It could be as simple as a piece of stray cord or a branch got wrapped up between the freewheel and and hub. If not. maybe the freewheel pawls are stuck and it needs a shot of lubricant. Worst case, the basic Shimano freewheel is like $12 on amazon. A cassette would cost a bit more,

Trashing a bike by cutting wires ... you do that in the movies when stuck in zombie land and you got to get away.
hmmm. true imma try taking out the out the crank arm first , gotta try it tmrw at a diy shop

hmmm. true imma try taking out the out the crank arm first , gotta try it tmrw at a diy shop

If you can manage to get your crank arm off, I think that you'll have enough cable length to remove the cadence sensor, but you might have to remove the controller to get more slack?

If you just tie the sensor up out of the way then everything is reversible, so you can deal with the freewheel when the weather is nicer.

It's going to be -16°C in Toronto tonight. 😂

If you can manage to get your crank arm off, I think that you'll have enough cable length to remove the cadence sensor, but you might have to remove the controller to get more slack?

If you just tie the sensor up out of the way then everything is reversible, so you can deal with the freewheel when the weather is nicer.

It's going to be -16°C in Toronto tonight.
thanks , what do u mean about the controller? yea is real winter that hit recently but thankfully it will be back to +1 next week
:)

Another thing you could do is just pull either brake until the motor cutoff engages but not the brake, when your pushing your bike.

That will disable the motor.

My brake lever moves about half way before the brake engages but the motor cutoff switch activates with very little lever movement.

There's a symbol on your display that shows you when the brake switch activates.

That would certainly be the easiest thing to do if you can get used to it.
Then you can wait till spring to service you ebike.

Another thing you could do is just pull either brake until the motor cutoff engages but not the brake, when your pushing your bike.

That will disable the motor.

My brake lever moves about half way before the brake engages but the motor cutoff switch activates with very little lever movement.

There's a symbol on your display that shows you when the brake switch activates.

That would certainly be the easiest thing to do if you can get used to it.
Then you can wait till spring to service you ebike.
hmm.. im thinking of just taking off the chain and riding it chainless and hopefully the pedals dont crank forward too hard (if i accidentally hit it) as to not lunge the bike forward when im walking it... its happened to me too many times with the chain attached which is a huge accident waiting to happen.

Back