Help finding a mid-drive, torque ebike with a throttle and natural pedal assist?

Another narrow mind.
It doesn't make sense to you... But there sure seems to be a lot more of us that it makes perfect sense to.
It boggles my mind that there are some of you that can't hold two thoughts in your head at the same time. I refuse to repeat it again so if you reread this thread, there's more than enough information to make perfect sense of.

With a torque sensor a disabled person's placard-type hand control throttle is not needed. It is like Tesla, push foot, go. Naturally. Note: Obese people want a hand throttle so they can kill their drivetrain while stuffing fried grease and giant diet drinks. What is the average butt size at Disneyland? 95? They have giant corn sugar drinks and whole families rides on three wheel scooters to the front of the line because they are 'disabled' by their weight.
1688436349373.jpeg
1688436379024.jpeg
1688436409042.jpeg
1688436489348.jpeg

Last edited:
With a torque sensor a disabled person's placard-type hand control throttle is not needed.

With a torque sensor you have to pedal.

It is like Tesla, push foot, go.

It's like the Hondas I used to have.

Screenshot_20230703-222923_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20230703-223025_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Twist throttle go.

Naturally. Note: Obese people want a hand throttle so they can kill their drivetrain.

I have 2 brake cut-off switches and a retractable throttle

I am not obese.
I weigh 165 pounds and my e-bike weighs 93 pounds.

I used to be obese.
I weighed 255 pounds.

I wonder if I'm better off now at my current total weight, or if I would have been better off with a 40 pound e-bike when I weighed 255 pounds??

Last edited:
Not obese, but i wouldn't build an ebike without a throttle. It's a very useful tool to have at hand.

With a torque sensor a disabled person's placard-type hand control throttle is not needed. It is like Tesla, push foot, go. Naturally. Note: Obese people want a hand throttle so they can kill their drivetrain while stuffing fried grease and giant diet drinks. What is the average butt size at Disney Land? 95? They have giant corn sugar drinks and whole families rides on three wheel scooters to the front of the line because they are 'disabled' by their weight.
Never mind bicycling. These individuals have given up on the concept of walking.

Last edited:
Jeremy, You aren't a moderator are you? If you aren't, then don't tell us about what to say or do on the forum. It's not senseless just because you say so, and I resent you saying that in your response to me. I've been around here 5 years longer than you have. My comment was about why have a natural bicycle feel in a torque sensor, and the accessory to ride it like a scooter. It doesn't make sense to require two styles of ride settings.
🍿

If an F22 pilot finds use for a throttle, so can I when piloting my ebike! Yee-haw! Everybody clear out of my way, 'cuz here I come at 300 miles per hour! :D Well, more like 20....

If an F22 pilot finds use for a throttle, so can I when piloting my ebike! Yee-haw! Everybody clear out of my way, 'cuz here I come at 300 miles per hour! :D Well, more like 20....
Only your e-bike is not designed to fly (hopefully) and the pilot does not pedal his F22...

most of my throttle use is at low to very low speed.
I think you throttle your e-bike down to be able to ride slowly, too. The reason being, hub-drive motors run at a constant speed depending on the amount of electrons they are fed with but they ignore how the rider is actually pedalling. If you had no throttle and were in a specific PAS level, your e-bike would always try to be running at a constant speed, and it is you to pedal as lightly or as strongly to get into the equilibrium with the motor. I know it as I own a hub-drive motor e-bike without a throttle and with PAS 1..5; this e-bike always gets on the maximum speed per level. (That made that e-bike hopeless to ride with my slow traditional cycling friend as I only could ride with him without any assistance whatsoever).

A mid-drive motor has variable speed controlled by the rider's legs (torque and cadence = input leg power). That's why the throttle is inappropriate on a mid-drive motor and it has nothing to do with any "natural ride feeling".

I don't think your technical understanding is correct.
A Hub drive power delivery, like a mid drive, is managed by a controller that decides how much power and torque the motor should deliver.
In both cases, the controller can be controlled in various ways, by a throttle or a series of sensors like cadence and torque.
So a hub drive can absolutely be controlled by a torque sensor, the same way a mid drive can be, and have its power and torque modulated based on how much pressure you apply on the pedal.

The only difference between a hub drive and a mid drive is the efficiency across the whole range, as it usually does not go through gears.

A Hub drive power delivery, like a mid drive, is managed by a controller that decides how much power and torque the motor should deliver.
In both cases, the controller can be controlled in various ways, by a throttle or a series of sensors like cadence and torque.
Only not many hub-drives have the torque sensor, and the classical PAS sensor only reports "the e-bike is being pedalled or not".

Could you confirm the hub-drive motor and controller you are talking about make use of all these sensors:
  1. Torque sensor
  2. E-bike speed sensor
  3. Motor speed sensor
  4. Pedalling cadence sensor
  5. Accelerometer
  6. (Optionally) Inclination sensor?
Because I think they do not but the sensors 1-5 and controller making use of all these parameters are present in any mid-motor, and Giant has added the sensor #6.

Back