500w/48v15ah battery What is the correct speed?

Pewit35

Region
Australia
I’m looking for a folding step through eBike for a friend in the USA and came across this Sisigad Champ with a 500w Hub Drive, 48V/15A battery and 20” wheels.
The claimed top speed is 28mph (45kph) on the manufacturers website, 25mph (40kph) on Temu, 20mph (32kph) on Amazon but only 18mph (29kph) in user testing.
Is 18mph the correct figure or is there a limiter? Can it be unlocked?

I’m looking for a folding step through eBike for a friend in the USA and came across this Sisigad Champ with a 500w Hub Drive, 48V/15A battery and 20” wheels.
The claimed top speed is 28mph (45kph) on the manufacturers website, 25mph (40kph) on Temu, 20mph (32kph) on Amazon but only 18mph (29kph) in user testing.
Is 18mph the correct figure or is there a limiter? Can it be unlocked?
Test video

The bozo is riding around with a dragging brake. I hate to give these shills (have a channel - get a free bike to "test") clicks because it makes money for them.

Probably around 24 mph. The gearing on these 20 inchers is such that you run out of pedal speed around 18-20 mph, even if you are trying to muscle in some power. The display was probably set for 20 mph, but there's a lot of tire drag on these bikes.

I've owned that style of bike. In my opinion, 20 mph is fast enough. You can't trust those folding steerer tubes, at least I can't,

The bozo is riding around with a dragging brake. I hate to give these shills (have a channel - get a free bike to "test") clicks because it makes money for them.

Probably around 24 mph. The gearing on these 20 inchers is such that you run out of pedal speed around 18-20 mph, even if you are trying to muscle in some power. The display was probably set for 20 mph, but there's a lot of tire drag on these bikes.

I've owned that style of bike. In my opinion, 20 mph is fast enough. You can't trust those folding steerer tubes, at least I can't,
Thanks for the info. TBF that eBike reviewer did do a speed test and was critical of the bike for a few fairly trivial issues.

Back