Bianchi launches new family of electric bicycles with city, touring, and mountain e-bikes

FlatSix911

Region
USA
City
Silicon Valley
Looks like a complete model range of new EBikes with a bit of Italian style! ;)

Bianchi unveils new electric bike family with touring, MTB, and city e-bikes (electrek.co)

Italian bicycle manufacturer Bianchi has just unveiled a new series of electric bicycles as part of its E-Omnia family. The new e-bikes cover a wide range of riding styles including both on- and off-road adventures. The three new e-bike lines comprise a total of eight new models. The new model lines in the E-Omnia family include:
  • C-Type: City
  • T-Type: Touring (including men’s and women’s versions, and a full-suspension model FT-Type)
  • X-Type: Mountain (including a full-suspension model FX-Type)
Bianchi E-Omnia C-Type electric city bike
The E-Omnia family follows the previous E-SUV line, including the flagship Bianchi E-SUV full-carbon electric mountain bike that we saw at the last Eurobike trade show. Along with the new e-bike family, Bianchi is also announcing a new 3D online configurator. The new configurator tool allows riders to customize the build of their new e-bike, including choosing among options such as belt or chain drive, ABS braking and utility options such as kickstands and carriers, in addition to various colorways.

bianchi e-omnia

The E-Omnia family is powered by the Bosch Performance CX motor, which puts out 85 Nm of torque and provides up to 340% rider assist. Riders can choose between a 500Wh or 625Wh battery pack, or can even opt for dual batteries to double their range. For safety, built-in 40 lux lighting can provide a visibility range up to 100 meters (330 feet) and remains visible to others from up to 500 meters (1,640 feet), according to Bianchi.
  • The E-Omnia C-Type is the urban optimized line and offers both a built-in rear rack and step-through frame for ultimate utility. The C-Type starts at €3,320 (approximately US$4,025).
  • The E-Omnia T-Type is a full-suspension touring bike designed to blur the line between street and trail riding. The T-Type starts at €3,370 (approximately US$4,085).
  • The E-Omnia FT-Type adds rear suspension to the touring model while retaining an integrated rear rack, an option we rarely see on full-suspension electric bicycles.
  • The rear suspension on the FT-Type adds to the price significantly though, with this model starting at €4,900 (approximately US$5,940).
sighting-light.jpg

I wonder how vertically integrated they are? That is, can they make or have made their frames in Europe somewhere and maybe some of the components. This is the great bugaboo for bicycle manufacturing. WE are suffering from the world's decision to export SO much manufacturing to Asia. It's really a shame. I doubt it will ever be corrected.

I wonder how vertically integrated they are? That is, can they make or have made their frames in Europe somewhere and maybe some of the components.
This is the great bugaboo for bicycle manufacturing. WE are suffering from the world's decision to export SO much manufacturing to Asia. It's really a shame. I doubt it will ever be corrected.
Vertical integration is the key... although they have been around for 100+ years, I suspect that Bianchi relies on many Asian suppliers.
Bianchi – Performance bicycles since 1885

We won't be around but one day the captains of industry will have abundant 'slave' labor right here in the West and they'll bring their factories back.

I foresee Reese and Mueller (sp?) losing some business. 😶
Not necessarily. I cannot see anything on the HS (Class 3) offer from Bianchi, they don't offer carbon belt or Rohloff either. It is not enough you've built a good e-bike. You need to find the customer base that believes in your product. Moustache Bikes has been in the market for a while, yet Moustache didn't get as much as following as R&M did, although they make excellent e-bikes.

Reid:
Riese = Giant in German
Müller = Miller :)

So, Giant & Miller

Not necessarily. I cannot see anything on the HS (Class 3) offer from Bianchi, they don't offer carbon belt or Rohloff either. It is not enough you've built a good e-bike. You need to find the customer base that believes in your product. Moustache Bikes has been in the market for a while, yet Moustache didn't get as much as following as R&M did, although they make excellent e-bikes.

Reid:
Riese = Giant in German
Müller = Miller :)

So, Giant & Miller
Yeah, you're probably right. This is an awfully sharp looking bike though:

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 3.54.14 PM.png

The more pics I see the more disgusted I am :) The one shown by Reed looks like a can that had a bad crash. The bottom one shown by FlatSix looks like a hunchback :D

No doubt, Bianchi wants showy e-bikes. Not my tale, though.

Can you remember a "car" dubbed "Fart", that is, Fiat 126?

1611182844543.png

I owned it as my first "car". The User Manual started with words: "Congratulations on your purchase of Fiat 126, an example of the Italian design..." :D

A Gorgeous looking E bike , only the Italians could design something sexy like this. I only wish it had used the german TQ or the italian Polini motor instead of so predominantly Bosch.

Class 3 or more !

last I looked Ohm didn’t do class 3 any more either, quit looking at them also

Can you remember a "car" dubbed "Fart", that is, Fiat 126?

View attachment 77190

I owned it as my first "car". The User Manual started with words: "Congratulations on your purchase of Fiat 126, an example of the Italian design..." :D

That's a much newer and cleaner version than what we had! My dad had a 3rd motorcycle accident while commuting, person "just didn't see" him. My mum said that's it, we have to buy a 2nd car no matter what. Could only afford a used Fiat 126. His bike had a bigger engine!! I thought it was a rear engine car too, but maybe I'm remembering wrong. Wasn't much longer than his bike either!!

Back