Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

RMK!

This thread is an attempt separate discussions of the Bikonit brand from the Alibaba sourced generic versions of this ebike. While they are built at the same factory and appear to have the same components, the Alibaba sourced bikes offer a bit more customization such as ordering a MD 1000 with a Sram X-5 9 speed and a DNP 13T-34Tw gear set rather than the Sturmey Archer 5 speed Internal Hub Gear (SA IHG) standard on the Bikonit branded version.

I have a Alibaba ordered generic MD 1000 with the SA IHG being delivered this month and I will post my unboxing, setup and riding impressions here once it arrives. I ordered the black model with fenders/racks and a front light included. I was attracted to this model by the looks, fully frame integrated dual 15 ah batteries and the SA IGH. The closing argument was the delivered price when ordering direct from the Chinese factory via Alibaba.

Other buyers or interested parties are welcome to post questions and make relevant comments about these large and powerful machines. Nice 40 second video look at the MD 1000 can bee seen here.
E12FE2EF-137E-463C-B0C3-6BEA83F0241E.jpeg
MD 1000 hte black one.png
MD 1000 with Racks-Fender.png

Last edited:
When you order the bike in China, hoe do you add racks or 2nd battery?
Is there room for notes or can you click on "add battery"?

When you order the bike in China, hoe do you add racks or 2nd battery?
Is there room for notes or can you click on "add battery"?
I confirmed specific configuration I wanted via messaging the company (in my case Leili). The Alibaba contract specifies the bike and addons along with the T's & C's. Sounds like your going for an dual battery MD 750 with light, racks and fenders. I believe the light is standard equip as all the bikes in the photos in the other thread showed a light and the person I was dealing with (Frank) confirmed that.

Thanks!
I think the HD 750 dual battery with fenders rack and lights suits me :)
Waiting on your review though !

and I'm waiting on the shipping notification. The container ship has been in port (Long Beach CA) since Monday. Alibaba shipping info allowed me to track it. Only took 14 days to cross the Pacific but now I'm at the mercy of US Customs and the Freight Forwarder to process and ship the bike to me.

Awaiting shipment of my bike from Steamoon via Alibaba. They allowed more personalization of the bike, not just black or tan

The container ship that brought my MD 1000 has been sitting at the dock in Long Beach for over a week now and I have not received any domestic ground shipping notifications. Apparently US Customs is the hold up. Looks like a pre Thanksgiving delivery is not happening.

The container ship that brought my MD 1000 has been sitting at the dock in Long Beach for over a week now and I have not received any domestic ground shipping notifications. Apparently US Customs is the hold up. Looks like a pre Thanksgiving delivery is not happening.
How long ago did it leave Leili?

I would hope it would take less than 40 days to reach you after leaving China
The ship was in Long Beach on the 16th. The last 10 days have been due to a US Customs Inspection having to do with some of the non-MD 1000 bikes in the container that have Bluetooth on them. The are the Leili ebikes that look like dirt bikes (50 mph top speed).

I now have a tracking number but it will be a few more days until this gets cleared up. Hopefully, your shipment does not have the same problem.

The ship was in Long Beach on the 16th. The last 10 days have been due to a US Customs Inspection having to do with some of the non-MD 1000 bikes in the container that have Bluetooth on them. The are the Leili ebikes that look like dirt bikes (50 mph top speed).

I now have a tracking number but it will be a few more days until this gets cleared up. Hopefully, your shipment does not have the same problem.
I'm not knowledgeable about customs. Is bluetooth a no-no?

I'm not knowledgeable about customs. Is bluetooth a no-no?
Nor am I ... my guess is it is a bluetooth labeling and or licensing issue with the bluetooth used on those specific bikes. Since they are in the same container with the MD's, they are all being held until the Alibaba logistics folks can get it resolved.

My MD1000 arrived today (UK). It was shipped on the 28th of last month, so just short of 4 weeks from door to door. I did have a 2 months wait when i ordered it on the 1st of August due to “COVID” though. It took me around 2 hours to build it and then set up to my liking. It’s mostly together out the box, just a little putting together. The batteries was at 9% when it arrived and it took 3 hours to charge to 75% which I thought was ok. Been out for a quick go and all seems good, just 2 small falls into a hedge when I stopped but nothing major. I just have to make a small adjustment on the gear shifter I think to make it all good but I’ll do that tomorrow. The box had a few dings on it but the bike itself only has a small scuff on one of the crank arms. It seems to have survived the trip relatively ok. Does anyone know the passcode for the display? I think it’s 1919 or something. I have seen a video on it but can’t remember 100%. Anyways I’ll keep you all posted with how I get on over the coming days/weeks with it. I have MS and am hoping this will help me build up legs and balance get out my wheelchair.

My MD1000 arrived today (UK). It was shipped on the 28th of last month, so just short of 4 weeks from door to door. I did have a 2 months wait when i ordered it on the 1st of August due to “COVID” though. It took me around 2 hours to build it and then set up to my liking. It’s mostly together out the box, just a little putting together. The batteries was at 9% when it arrived and it took 3 hours to charge to 75% which I thought was ok. Been out for a quick go and all seems good, just 2 small falls into a hedge when I stopped but nothing major. I just have to make a small adjustment on the gear shifter I think to make it all good but I’ll do that tomorrow. The box had a few dings on it but the bike itself only has a small scuff on one of the crank arms. It seems to have survived the trip relatively ok. Does anyone know the passcode for the display? I think it’s 1919 or something. I have seen a video on it but can’t remember 100%. Anyways I’ll keep you all posted with how I get on over the coming days/weeks with it. I have MS and am hoping this will help me build up legs and balance get out my wheelchair.
Nice! Can't wait to hear more about it. My bike shipped a week ago. I ordered my bike end of May.

You are a brave fellow Terry. Hope it all works out for you. Did you get the SA IGH? You are the first to get one here on EBR so some pics would be good as photo evidence of their existence in the wild ;-).

I think you are correct about the default pass code for the Bafang display. That was the one used on a couple of videos dealing with the settings.

Nice! Can't wait to hear more about it. My bike shipped a week ago. I ordered my bike end of May.
Nice one, where are you? I was surprised mine arrived so quickly after it was shipped. The wait is brutal so I feel your pain. It’s worth it though. Hope it turns up soon. 👍

Back