39,000 miles/62,000 kms in 37 countries with a Riese & Müller Supercharger

This guy is amazing!
He is truly living life to the fullest. It is hard to comprehend what he has seen and witnessed during his journey in 32 different countries.

I found this interesting from his page:

My Navigation​

I use the application Oruxmaps on a Samsung tablet that is fixed on the handlebar. I create a KML route in Google Maps that I convert into a GPX file and upload it to the application. When I have internet, I download country maps in .maps format. The Oruxmaps application uses GPS to indicate the current location. It also displays the current elevation and remaining distance.
I agree Ravi. Marc is a truly inspiring person in several ways that are evident in his site and I suspect others we would have to meet him face to face to discover. I am amazed at what he has done and where he has been on his ebike. His photographic skills are impressive. He has a wonderful eye as a photographer as well. I am astounded at the durability of his bike and all its components.

Finally, I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge my admiration for you as well. Your accomplishments, the depth of your knowledge and understanding and your generosity in sharing your expertise, all contribute to my respect for you as a cyclist and as a person.

I agree Ravi. Marc is a truly inspiring person in several ways that are evident in his site and I suspect others we would have to meet him face to face to discover. I am amazed at what he has done and where he has been on his ebike. His photographic skills are impressive. He has a wonderful eye as a photographer as well. I am astounded at the durability of his bike and all its components.

Finally, I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge my admiration for you as well. Your accomplishments, the depth of your knowledge and understanding and your generosity in sharing your expertise, all contribute to my respect for you as a cyclist and as a person.
Yes I am amazed and humbled ... but personally I will have to stick with, for me, 'Don't try this at home'. May he return to his loved ones safely!!!

My respects to you as well, Richard!
Perhaps most people on the forum do not fully know the trials and tribulations you have gone through with medical treatment. Your positive outlook, upbeat energy, and openness to embracing new technologies like E-bikes to recover from health setbacks make you a role model for many others who are in a similar situation.
You have shared your learnings and experience very generously here on the EBR forum and inspired many others to do the same.

I have learned from people like you over the years and thanks for your presence and for sharing your knowledge. I will look forward to riding with you this summer or whenever the travel restrictions are taken off and I find myself in that area.

My respects to you as well, Richard!
Perhaps most people on the forum do not fully know the trials and tribulations you have gone through with medical treatment. Your positive outlook, upbeat energy, and openness to embracing new technologies like E-bikes to recover from health setbacks make you a role model for many others who are in a similar situation.
You have shared your learnings and experience very generously here on the EBR forum and inspired many others to do the same.

I have learned from people like you over the years and thanks for your presence and for sharing your knowledge. I will look forward to riding with you this summer or whenever the travel restrictions are taken off and I find myself in that area.
Thank you. You are too kind, my friend.

I will be looking forward to that as well, Ravi. Once we are all vaccinated (I had my second Moderna shot last Thursday) we are looking forward to indoor meals with friends and family and dare I say house guests. When you know you are going to be in our area, we will make a real event of it!

I connected today to this thread and noticed several posts wondering where I am.
I am still in Cambodia, doing well. I could get a long term visa allowing me to stay here until April 2022.
I am doing a few short trips in Cambodia and visit regularly the Angkor temples where I find myself being virtually the only visitor, Cambodia stopped delivering visa in March 2020.
I am still waiting for the borders of the neighboring countries to open. I hope to go to Vietnam.
The good news for me recently is that Riese und Muller just opened a dealership in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.
This will be very helpful for me as I have a broken rear rack (repaired with aluminum welding) and one of my 4 batteries no longer works.

I am starting to plan for my next route, I have 2 options:
1. South Vietnam, North Vietnam, across China to Shangai, Beijing, South Korea, Japan.
2. South Vietnam, North Vietnam, Laos, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Sumatra, Java, Bali, Lombok.

I am really looking forward to the next leg of my journey.
I will update this thread once I am on the road again.

Last edited:
So good to hear you are safe and doing well, Mark. I am a great admirer and have been sharing your adventures over on the Facebook Riese & Muller Owners Group. You have many fans and admirers over there as well. Please join us and share your adventures there, if you are so inclined.

I really look forward to following your continued adventures in Asia. I really enjoy your focus on the cultural landmarks and historic architecture of the places you visit. Your photography is excellent! Many thanks for inspiring so many of us.

An update on my journey.
I resumed my ebike journey in May.
Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Sumatra.
I am currently on the west coast of Sumatra on my way to Java. The Supercharger is till doing fine. I ordered online a number of spare parts for the ebike. Althught the Enviolo/Nuvinci hub was still working, I replaced it with a new one. I also changed the Gates sprockets. I changed the carbon belt for the first time after 60,000 kilometers.

My website features maps of my journey and pictures.

Here is the page about my Supercharger ebike.

Last edited:
An update on my journey.
I resumed my ebike journey in May.
Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Sumatra.
I am currently on the west coast of Sumatra on my way to Java. The Supercharger is till doing fine. I ordered online a number of spare parts for the ebike. Althught the Enviolo/Nuvinci hub was still working, I replaced it with a new one. I also changed the Gates sprockets. I changed the carbon belt for the first time after 60,000 kilometers.

My website features maps of my journey and pictures.

Here is the page about my Supercharger ebike.
Thank you for the update Marc. Your travels are interesting and inspiring.

I'd be very happy if the Gates belt on my SC2 lasts 60K km!

Do you intend to travel to Australia and New Zealand?

Safe riding.

Last edited:
The Bosch batteries are not accepted by airline companies and there is no ferry between Indonesia and Australia or New Zealand. So I don't think I will be able to ride there.
Hopefully you can make it some how. Thanks for reporting back in. Good luck for the next leg.

It would be good if perhaps Bosch took the initiative here and created a Bosch endorsed battery rental network that was somehow affordable and easy to access. I'm sure it would encourage more people to travel wtih their eBikes if they knew they could pick up the correct batteries for a two week rental for example....

Back