Why does it seem Vado owners are getting KINEKT 2.1 vs Redshift Seat Post ?

B

BarryS

Is the Kinekt a better design ? I have already mentioned I have the Redshift : But I noticed on 2 other forums as with this Forum : The Vast Majority unless they already had a Redshift like I do > Are getting the Kinekt 10 to 1 over the Redshift .

Curious as to why

Is the Kinekt a better design ? I have already mentioned I have the Redshift : But I noticed on 2 other forums as with this Forum : The Vast Majority unless they already had a Redshift like I do > Are getting the Kinekt 10 to 1 over the Redshift .

Curious as to why
Not sure about this fact but I think during my research I found that Kinekt is one of the only suspension seat posts which does not have for and aft (Forward) movement when extending and compressing (up and down).
I own Kinekt for my Vado 5 and very happy so far.

Not sure about this fact but I think during my research I found that Kinekt is one of the only suspension seat posts which does not have for and aft (Forward) movement when extending and compressing (up and down).
True. Another important feature of the Kinekt is it doesn't work along the seat-tube axis. Meaning, you can take any position on the saddle and the Kinekt suspension still works. As I own a full-suspension e-MTB, too, I can say one thing: In urban/suburban environment, Kinekt is almost as good as a rear-damper of a FS bike. Of course, off-road is another matter.

The only other suspension seat-post that can reportedly match the Kinekt is the Thudbuster (based on elastomer) but I haven't tried the latter.

“Very soon into testing, I discovered that there’s really not much competition because the RedShift ShockStop outperforms the Cirrus Kinekt on almost every criterion.“

There are lots of comparison reviews of suspension seat posts out there. I read all of them that I could before choosing the Redshift for my style of riding, which is on smoother roads and trails. It does seem the Kinect might be better for a more mountain biking-like experience, where road and gravel reviewers tend to like the Redshift. I also like the more subtle look of the Redshift, personally. Very happy with it.

Last edited:
Haha. He calls it Kinetic vs Kinekt.
I thought I read some where that if you are between 15-200 you should go with the 200-250 as you get the extra springs you don't get with the other size :

I came very close to ordering the Redshift stem and seatpost suspensions for my (now sold) Specialized Diverge. The bike handled the gravel roads and easy trails well, but the rough ride really beat up my old body.
Instead, I ended up selling my Diverge and buying a Cannondale Topstone Neo Lefty 3.

I still may buy a Redshift stem suspension for my Giant Defy road bike, because the roads where I live are anything but smooth.

Thanks you saved me 250.00 :)
Actually, provided the Summer Sale is still going on, you can get 25% off of the $250 price of the Kinekt 2.1 on the Selle Anatomica website https://selleanatomica.com/collections/seatposts . I just checked the website (09/14/2020 - 8:20 am pst) and saw that this sale banner is still up. "Code SUMMER25 Saves you 25% on $150+" I bought two Kinekt 2.1's from Selle Anatomica at 25% off. Their saddles are amazing as well, I purchased the H2, also at 25% off.

Me too. Got the discount and a saddle for the wife. Gave her the Redshift seatpost. Everyone is happy 😊

Actually, provided the Summer Sale is still going on, you can get 25% off of the $250 price of the Kinekt 2.1 on the Selle Anatomica website https://selleanatomica.com/collections/seatposts . I just checked the website (09/14/2020 - 8:20 am pst) and saw that this sale banner is still up. "Code SUMMER25 Saves you 25% on $150+" I bought two Kinekt 2.1's from Selle Anatomica at 25% off. Their saddles are amazing as well, I purchased the H2, also at 25% off.

Thanks for the lead! Which seat post diameter and length do I need for the Turbo's? (or does it vary by model? I haven't picked my Turbo yet but am confident I'll want this regardless of which one I get and wouldn't mind benefitting from the sale.

Thanks for the lead! Which seat post diameter and length do I need for the Turbo's? (or does it vary by model?

Yes it varies, but you can always order the smallest diameter size and use shims to make up the difference. The advantage to that is if for some reason you got another bike, the 27.2 post (the size SL's use) would likely still work, whereas a larger diameter post (the regular Vado's and Como's use 30.9) might not.

Last edited:
Vado, Como? Regular? SL?

Haven't decided -- see related post. Could be any of the three. Hope to settle which this week. Test road all three and stuck on pro/con of each versus my use case. So getting this seat post is a bit cart before the horse, but I'm 100% getting one of those bikes and at this point am confident I'll want to supplement the seat suspension.

Hey thanks : Thinking I might get the 27.2 size and use a shim : That way I can try it with My other bikes : I do have to say I am pretty happy with My Redshift Seatpost : At least on My Trek Dual Sport . It's the best upgrade I've made :

Back