35" inside leg length: Looking for Step-Thru, upright

TLW

Hi,

I'm looking for a step-thru, comfort-style, bike for 35" inside leg length so I can achieve full leg extension for riding primarily on paved roadways.
I've poured over many posts here and elsewhere, reviews, in depth video reviews (awesome EBR ones!), manufacturer websites and geometry info.
Frontrunners are
Specialized Como size L though I fear it will not be long enough. The Specialized Size Finder for Como step-thru doesn't give a frame size. The Vado size finder gives XL.​
Specialized Vado XL with modified bars (raised/swept?) though I would rather not rewire electrical​
Giant LaFree E+1​
I cannot find an LBS within 250 miles who has one of these to test ride or rent, though I am still calling an endless list.
I will appreciate any advice, suggestions or experiences.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I also have 35" inseam. That's not overly long; many bikes should fit.

Why consider Como L if XL is the correct size for you? Is it because you have found an L in stock somewhere but no XL? I wouldn't buy a bike with the wrong frame size.

If you already have a bike that fits, you can try bikeinsights.com to compare geometries. That's what I did when I was shopping.

I’d have a look at Gazelle, plenty of low step and mid step options, some more traditional Dutch style, others modern styles. Most of their models have the top of the seat tube quite high, so there should be plenty of safe seat post travel to accomodate you..

Como step-thru isn't available in USA in XL.
I also have 35" inseam. That's not overly long; many bikes should fit.

Why consider Como L if XL is the correct size for you? Is it because you have found an L in stock somewhere but no XL? I wouldn't buy a bike with the wrong frame size.

If you already have a bike that fits, you can try bikeinsights.com to compare geometries. That's what I did when I was shopp

Ah, I guess it makes sense that step-thru bikes will tend toward the small sizes, since it's perhaps more challenging to get the necessary rigidity in a larger size.

I’d have a look at Gazelle, plenty of low step and mid step options, some more traditional Dutch style, others modern styles. Most of their models have the top of the seat tube quite high, so there should be plenty of safe seat post travel to accomodate you..

Thank you

Hi: I'm 6'5" with a 35" inseam. 210 lbs. My wife's Le Free step thru( I think its an xl or l) is very comfortable. She is 6'1". Also, the Yamaha engine is great. Good value for $.

Reactions: TLW
BULLS Urban EVO 10 Step Thru. The 55cm model for someone 6'-2" to 6'-7". 35" to 37.5" inseam.
1607128643373.png

Reactions: TLW
Back