30 Chinese Cities are on Level 1 lockdown

• Thread starter Deleted member 4210
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like a bomb hit at the local grocery store...

Actually local to me things like hand sanitizer and clorox wipes are just gone. But most everything else is still available. Things will likely get much more interesting in several months when the supply chain problems start hitting hard.

Interesting reading... https://reviews.mtbr.com/how-is-the-coronavirus-impacting-the-cycling-industry

Many experts I spoke with stated that product availability is still good, but the situation is very fluid. According to Michael Zellman at SRAM, the company is still is operating on standard 30-day lead times.”We have not determined if these lead times will be affected, but we will inform customers immediately if they are,” Zellman said.

One product manager I interviewed, and who didn’t want to be quoted by name, had a much more dire outlook for bike and component availability this season. “If it’s not already on a boat from Asia to the United States, it’s not going to be here anytime soon,” they noted. This pessimistic sentiment echoes my own experiences with canceled press launches. Two media events I was scheduled to attend have been postponed due to a lack of product availability.

Last edited:
After people stocked food, toiled paper etc., I wonder when they will decide it is the right time to actually use the goods.

We had a similar panic in Poland in early 1980s after the government announced doubling (the controlled) price of bread. The population bought out everything except vinegar and granulated Turkish tea (so bad it was). I can still remember the beds and closets of my Aunt filled with sugar bags and flour. She never used most of it and while the sugar was eventually eaten (it took years), the flour ended in the garbage.

While I appreciate and respect the many ways to contain the virus, I cannot understand the shopping panic. We live in the times of welfare and nobody's closing the stores... So, when will the people who stocked the goods decide the "black hour" has actually come?

... I cannot understand the shopping panic. We live in the times of welfare and nobody's closing the stores...
My understanding is that some goods that we naturally would believe are from home country and are labeled as such, actually are processed and packed in China...pork product...chicken...
Later: after checking, I find that at various times such regulations allowed carcasses to be sold to China, or product imported to America from animals raised in China to be sold in America.
However, I did not find clear evidence of what is currently and actually allowed and being done.

Last edited:
After people stocked food, toiled paper etc., I wonder when they will decide it is the right time to actually use the goods.

We had a similar panic in Poland in early 1980s after the government announced doubling (the controlled) price of bread. The population bought out everything except vinegar and granulated Turkish tea (so bad it was). I can still remember the beds and closets of my Aunt filled with sugar bags and flour. She never used most of it and while the sugar was eventually eaten (it took years), the flour ended in the garbage.

While I appreciate and respect the many ways to contain the virus, I cannot understand the shopping panic. We live in the times of welfare and nobody's closing the stores... So, when will the people who stocked the goods decide the "black hour" has actually come?
I don't understand NOT stocking up on certain things like meds that depend on China production or even stocking up on toilet paper...if not for any other reason, unstupid people realized it would simply be gone from shelves in a just a couple of days .

There is no shortage of TP in countries that still make it. Which is most countries. There are empty shelves in store due to over buying, but not in warehouses. Just one example here.

Costco, Walmart, and every other chain can predict what would happen and so NONE OF THEM ordered extra deliveries that are sitting in the warehouse? OK.

Costco, Walmart, and every other chain can predict what would happen and so NONE OF THEM ordered extra deliveries? OK.
They are stocking TP as fast as people buy it. Normal people buy a months worth at a time, now they are buying 6 months worth, saying F my neighbor.

Walmart has their own house brands of cheaper stuff. That was sold out a couple of days earlier than was the Charmin' or Cashmere stuff. The large packs of house brand was sold out days before THAT. Still no deliveries on stuff that was sold out over a week ago.
You can bet that the next delivery will be snapped up double time by the normies who chose to not heed warnings.

Bianco said some stores are out of stock for the short term and that his company was trying to catch up with demand with extra production runs.
Bianco asked people to be calm and patient while stocks are resupplied in the coming days and weeks.

I just now saw this news report, hot off the presses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back