2nd\Spare Battery Solution?

FastLyfeG

As I do my usual late night Mod hunting\research browsing I came across this and looking at the identical specs and that its also using Samsung Cells Im curious to know if this could be a 2nd or spare battery option for the Aventon Level
Im no electrical engineer so I thought Id post this and see if anyone with better knowledge on the subject can chime in?

Attachments

• 48v-14ah-672wh-ebike-rear-rack-battery-36v (3).jpg
    48v-14ah-672wh-ebike-rear-rack-battery-36v (3).jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 333
  • 48v-14ah-672wh-ebike-rear-rack-battery-36v (1).jpg
    48v-14ah-672wh-ebike-rear-rack-battery-36v (1).jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 352
  • 48v-14ah-672wh-ebike-rear-rack-battery-36v.jpg
    48v-14ah-672wh-ebike-rear-rack-battery-36v.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 316
  • 48v-14ah-672wh-ebike-rear-rack-battery-36v (2).jpg
    48v-14ah-672wh-ebike-rear-rack-battery-36v (2).jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 330
  • 2020-08-27_05-36-15.jpg
    2020-08-27_05-36-15.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 427
What you have found is a rack-mounted battery. See the 2nd picture in your post. Not what Level has.

What you have found is a rack-mounted battery. See the 2nd picture in your post. Not what Level has.
I know, this is why im asking if this could be used as a secondary or spare battery as I dont really use my rack If I could have this on the rack fully powered and pluged in It would help with long commutes which I never make on battery without having to charge the battery for the return trip

I know, this is why im asking if this could be used as a secondary or spare battery as I dont really use my rack If I could have this on the rack fully powered and pluged in It would help with long commutes which I never make on battery without having to charge the battery for the return trip
If you solder the correct connectors on this new battery, I don't see why not. Any battery will do if the voltage is matching and the capacity is not too low (low capacity usually means that battery won't tolerate high current well).

You might have to make a custom extension cable, with a connector for a "new" battery on one end, while the other end would be connected to the frame-mounted terminal of Aventon battery. Preferably, with the means of disconnecting it on both ends.

The challenge will be connecting it on the other end, at the original battery. That is, if he intends using the new one as a spare.

This thread is about 8 months old and I'm really curious to see if anyone has actually found a way to connect a second battery, in parallel, on the Level. The rack mounted battery in the OP is exactly what I would like to do. I'm really hesitant to take apart the stock battery compartment and controller without knowing if a 3rd party dual battery parallel connector rig is available or if there are the connectors available to make such a rig? Is there enough room in the Level battery/controller compartment to install a parallel rig?

Last edited:
Wattwagons and Bolton both have battery combiners. I am making my own for my EVG project....
-BB

Did you ever add the battery to the avanton sinch ??

Did you already have the solution for this OP? Seems like the Aventon Level battery has an unnormal 4-pin discharging port which need to find a way to connect to the rear backup battery from your post picutres.

Back