2023 - Our Rides in Words, Photos, Maps and Videos

You asked for that! :D

View attachment 148761
No e-bike this time but the "trusty" Polish Polonez car instead :D
A Polonez survived a trip atop 1000s of gallons of fuel and 50,000 parts all from the lowest bidder? Yeah, I believe that...

edit sorry spacefans

William Shatner, 91, confirms he doesn’t have long to live in new statement​

As H. Ford may have mentioned to D.Trump ... It was just a movie ... but he got me interested in real space cabins and later real eBikes. A good guy.

Last edited:
Thawing out my fingers and toes.
I made a video in one hour.
Its terribly long, I advise only watching it if you are in solitary confinement or have a job watching paint dry.
I have to admit that I watched the entire video and enjoyed it immensely. Simply amazing and so surreal to see the snow on the dunes. You captured it at the perfect time thanks to your persistence in waiting for the right moment. Glad to know that there are still a few of us who don’t mind riding in the snow. No rides for me for the time being as I’m feeling a bit knackered due to a bout of stomach flu.

Screenshot 2023-03-10 105932.png

Wife let me out of solitary last week, but I watched it anyway. What a 3D wonderland that dune field is! Where is this?
Formby , which is an old viking name, I was born in Crosby, another viking name.
Actually technically I was born in Waterloo Lancashire, it used to be called Seaforth by the sea and was where the Captain and builder of the Titanic lived , it was renamed Waterloo after we beat some French dude.

Formby , which is an old viking name, I was born in Crosby, another viking name.
Actually technically I was born in Waterloo Lancashire, it used to be called Seaforth by the sea and was where the Captain and builder of the Titanic lived , it was renamed Waterloo after we beat some French dude.
After yesterday's flattish beach slog on 2.3" hybrid tires, watching you sail through those dunes — up and down steep ramps, along steep side-slopes, never slipping once, even with snow on top — was a revelation.

Admit it, those dunes are all painted gunnite with plastic plants.

Last edited:
REALLY, REALLY appreciate all the kind reactions to my ride reports, including my last. But c'mon — an old guy on an ebike hits Mach 12 on a beach, and no comments??

View attachment 148926

Guess that's what I get for burying the lead.
I saw that, and for such a smartass I can't believe I didn't say anything.
I am now admonishing myself for inconsistency...

That bike is faster than a Putin Hypersonic. It would be illegal in the EU
Hey, I deserve some of the credit. That was only PAS 3/9, no throttle.

Comforting to know that I can outrun a Putin hypersonic when the time comes. (Meep, meep.) Expecting a loud public clamor to have superhypersonic ebikes unoutlawed in eastern EU.

Last edited:
This thread
Disclaimer: This was and remains, in my mind, the House That Dave Berry Built. However, with him out of town, the recent and presumably future hyperlink indexing for months and years has apparently gone with him, and there always was a logic behind breaking it into years, so let’s see how this goes over.

So off we go. My personal goal this year is the usual 3000 miles, which I know RabH will surpass around lunchtime tomorrow… but it remains the most dependably entertaining thread on the site.
Approaching 400 posts in 3 months ... in the dead of winter here. Thanks to both Davids.
REALLY, REALLY appreciate all the kind reactions to my ride reports, including my last. But c'mon — an old guy on an ebike hits Mach 12 on a beach, and no comments??

View attachment 148926

Guess that's what I get for burying the lead.
Maybe this crowd already knows how dead accurate most displays really are ...

Last edited:
oh its much worse than that, like my fat tyres are 26x4 inch, but the rim is 100mm, the pressure is psi, the frame is in inches, the BB is 120mm with british thread, fork travel is mm, but the head bearings are inches and we limit the ebikes at 17mph.
You forgot the heavy wallets ... hopefully many pounds ...

Away Until Tuesday...

20230312_125458-01.jpeg

Mother Kelly's, 251 Paradise Row, Bethnal Green, London UK. One of the best craft beer pubs in the city. With @Brix.
20230312_160519.jpg

That is the definition of the craft beer I really like 😊 Brewdog Shoreditch, London.

20230312_162930-01.jpeg

Guess where? Charge Ride Repeat will guess everything! 😊 (Brick Lane, Shoreditch, London).

Last edited:
Thanks for all the fun posts guys, cheered me up immensely 👍 Our weather has been just awful this past week, we have had everything thrown at us but hopefully Spring is around the corner....
Speaking of accurate display speeds; I think @RAB often shows bike speeds over 50 mph and distances ...well .. but I'm sure the issue is on my end. 🤣

Back