2023 - Our Rides in Words, Photos, Maps and Videos

What does he charge for anvils?
He says anvils were already obsolete when he first started the company :)

1678046768644.png

The ACME Jacek on a Giant Trance E+ (The Monster), a week ago. The Roadrunner next :D

Last edited:
Another beautiful ride! If I could have given your report a 2nd emoji, it would have been a 😲 for that 42 mph descent! Recently told my brother about a 32 mph descent of mine on a nearby 6-9% grade. He thought I was nuts, and maybe he's right. At 74, wouldn't be much left of me after a fall at that speed.

Many of the paved roads you show look pretty narrow, some close to 1 lane. How do car-bike encounters work there?
Some are very narrow yes but there are so few cars its not a problem! You better not look at this speed from last August on the Isle Of Arran 😂

1678046713638.png

1678047005662.png

Last edited:
You better not look at this speed from last August on the Isle Of Arran 😂
Rab, I think I achieved 41.5 mph on a wide, smooth, car-free descent in Czech Republic and don't ask for more :)
I regret you are not a Strava subscriber. You could set some Strava E-Bike Segments there and would be unbeatable :)
There is a smartphone app called SyncMyTracks. You could copy your RWGPS data to Strava (even not being a subscriber). I'd love to give KUDOS to your rides but you need to be a Strava user!

Rab, I think I achieved 41.5 mph on a wide, smooth, car-free descent in Czech Republic and don't ask for more :)
I regret you are not a Strava subscriber. You could set some Strava E-Bike Segments there and would be unbeatable :)
There is a smartphone app called SyncMyTracks. You could copy your RWGPS data to Strava (even not being a subscriber). I'd love to give KUDOS to your rides but you need to be a Strava user!
I really dislike Strava and will never subscibe I'm afraid!

My bike is so stable at speed, I never feel unsafe on it!

I really dislike Strava and will never subscibe I'm afraid!
You don't need to subscribe :) You can notice my rides on RWGPS. First, I used SyncMyTracks to both Strava and RWGPS from the defunct now Endomondo. Next, I have instructed my Wahoo to upload my rides to both services... :)

You don't need to subscribe :) You can notice my rides on RWGPS. First, I used SyncMyTracks to both Strava and RWGPS from the defunct now Endomondo. Next, I have instructed my Wahoo to upload my rides to both services... :)
What I should have said in my previous post is, I have no interest in segments or being at the top of any of them! I just like riding my bike and keeping records of my rides...

What I should have said in my previous post is, I have no interest in segments or being at the top of any of them! I just like riding my bike and keeping records of my rides...
Well said.

Some inspirational quotes that we could all take something from.

“To me it doesn’t matter whether it’s raining or the sun is shining or whatever: as long as I’m riding a bike, I know I’m the luckiest guy in the world.” Mark Cavendish, British pro racer

“Ride as much or as little, as long or as short as you feel. But ride.”
Eddy Merckx, Belgian pro racer

“When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking.” Arthur Conan Doyle, British author

“Ride as much or as little, as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” Eddy Merckx, Belgian pro racer
Always glad when I debate riding but go anyway. If I felt better about short rides, there'd be less debate. Internalizing Eddy Merckx as I write.

PS: I'm calling this the "Merckx Principle" from now on.

Last edited:
Nah...besides, nobody likes a smug winner. Perhaps he could have beaten that bird at its own game.

View attachment 148518
Yeah, the coyote missed a lot of opportunities. Like right here: He could've been holding a big wooden mallet behind his back just in case the roadrunner stopped to help.

Wait a minute! Maybe the coyote never wanted to win. Maybe this was just a thinly veiled sadomasochism thing all along. Think about it. Mistress Roadrunner kept inflicting pain and humiliation but never finished him off, and the coyote kept coming back for more.

I cannot convince you! Tough luck! :)

I'm Strava friends with several members of EBR Fora, and it is hard to overestimate the role of Strava as a social medium. Interestingly, I'm a Strava friend with several former members of EBR Forums, too. They are still alive and active! ❤️

I am an RWGPS but not Strava subscriber...

Last edited:
obviously you haven't watched cartoons lately!!
He showed the same picture in his post :)

“Ride as much or as little, as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” Eddy Merckx, Belgian pro racer
"I actually hate cycling. The reason I mount my bike is to be able to eat them cookies without putting on weight" — Stanisław Chojnacki, Polish road and gravel racer

I am with Stanisław on that :) I actually ride my e-bikes to get some good vittles I do not normally eat at home. And... I know Stanisław but never was together with Eddy Mercx on a coffee ride :D (Staszek often puts this Strava title to his 260 km ride: "Just To Eat Lunch With My Mom and Pop") :D

Last edited:
Back