2021 Allant+ 9S

jege41

Hi All
Does anyone know when this Trek 2021 Allant+ 9S will be available in the USA or Canada?
It looks like the bike that I might just drop some serious after tax dollars on.
Trek hasn't even sent the Canadian dealers any information on it, not sure about the USA delaers.
Bosch Speed and a Gates drive train, looks like its going to be a good one.

Hi All
Does anyone know when this Trek 2021 Allant+ 9S will be available in the USA or Canada?
It looks like the bike that I might just drop some serious after tax dollars on.
Trek hasn't even sent the Canadian dealers any information on it, not sure about the USA delaers.
Bosch Speed and a Gates drive train, looks like its going to be a good one.

That bike is sold only in the EU market where the demand is exceedingly high.
I don't think they are bringing that to the N.American market just yet.

This is one of the bikes on my shortlist for sure, so it's disappointing that it will not be accessible in Canada. It is particularly impressive given it weights only 52 LBS. Not bad. And the trek bikes are nicely designed to boot.

Trek cannot sell Allant+ S to Canada because of legal issues (the 45 km/h e-bike).

So, it has now suspension fork and the BIG 55T ring 👌 . Well done Trek. A slightly bigger battery(750wh) would have been nice, but at keast it takes a 2nd one.
The website pics are from the older version.

Any other new things vs the old one ?? Not sute if the carbon belt/Nuvinci was there before.

Domane + ALLANT and the Domane+HP are really the best ebikes choices for now.

This is an interesting variation for international market. The US 2021 version seems unchanged. The carbon fork on mine works well with the large tires giving some damping. The belt drive is nice, but I like the 510% range of the derailleur system. Another nice thing is the standard stem they use on the international version, much easier to change out then the custom stem I have on mine. I think the weight might be misleading though, because it says 52lbs but excluding battery which is like 6-8lbs I think? So the US version, is probably lighter as its listed at about 52lbs but not excluding the battery. It probably makes sense, because the coil front fork and enviolo I think are much heavier than derailleur system with carbon front fork.

Hmm, very nice. I would be very interested to check out the CVT tranny/belt drive system. Otherwise it’s very similar to my Allant+7.

I'm kind of partial to the sister company's Zouma Deluxe+ S

The price is nicer than anything Trek has to offer in class 3. There are a couple of compromises (10s, Intuvia), but it can be had for around 650 euros less than the Allant 8S... And you get a real rack and shocks.
View attachment 71373
From a distance it looks identical to my Allant+7 (class 1) other than the Purion I have. Of course we in the USA can’t get our hands on a Diamant.

Today all I see is horrifically expensive class 3 bikes in the EU..
Yes, they are. Mandatory safety gear is not cheap (did you know Supernova M99 Pro found on Vado 6.0 cost 450 EUR alone?), and certification is not free either.

I've been trying to buy an Allant+ 8 here in Vancouver for a while now, but they've sold out everywhere and the 2020-2021 models have been archived on the website. I've started looking at other brands (Cube, Gazelle, Bulls, Riese & Muller), but haven't pulled the trigger yet as I haven't found the right bike. I really do like the Allant+ 8, it's perfect in almost all ways for me, but I do wish it had 1) a belt drive and 2) a Nyon controller instead of the Smartphone hub. I'd LOVE to see Trek bring the Allant+ 9 with belt and Nyon to Canada... Either that, or upgrade the 8 to these items. I'd buy that in a second! Otherwise, I'd be taken over the 8 andanother brand with a belt.

Hopefully, since the 2020-2021 have been archived, there will be a refresh of the 8, or introduction of the 9 here in Canada. C'mon Trek, please!!!

So, it has now suspension fork and the BIG 55T ring 👌 . Well done Trek. A slightly bigger battery(750wh) would have been nice, but at keast it takes a 2nd one.
The website pics are from the older version.

Any other new things vs the old one ?? Not sute if the carbon belt/Nuvinci was there before.

Domane + ALLANT and the Domane+HP are really the best ebikes choices for now.
Not real sure what you are saying - can you or someone clarify what you said for me? I am in Florida and ordered an Allant+ 9.9S April 20, 2021. It was delivered October 15, 2021, and It does not have a suspension fork.

Not real sure what you are saying - can you or someone clarify what you said for me? I am in Florida and ordered an Allant+ 9.9S April 20, 2021. It was delivered October 15, 2021, and It does not have a suspension fork.
That was a year old post by ebiker. He may have been referring to the Diamant Zouma+ which comes with a suspension fork.

Diamant is Trek’s Europe only sister brand and they sell many of the Allants branded as Diamant with some variations in components compared to the Allants.

The Allant 9.9s and 8s are suspension corrected and both can take a suspension fork if you choose to do that. There is someone on these forums that did just that very recently I believe.

Last edited:
I've been trying to buy an Allant+ 8 here in Vancouver for a while now, but they've sold out everywhere and the 2020-2021 models have been archived on the website. I've started looking at other brands (Cube, Gazelle, Bulls, Riese & Muller), but haven't pulled the trigger yet as I haven't found the right bike. I really do like the Allant+ 8, it's perfect in almost all ways for me, but I do wish it had 1) a belt drive and 2) a Nyon controller instead of the Smartphone hub. I'd LOVE to see Trek bring the Allant+ 9 with belt and Nyon to Canada... Either that, or upgrade the 8 to these items. I'd buy that in a second! Otherwise, I'd be taken over the 8 andanother brand with a belt.

Hopefully, since the 2020-2021 have been archived, there will be a refresh of the 8, or introduction of the 9 here in Canada. C'mon Trek, please!!!
Ditto. But its unlikely. I have a 2017 Haibike trekking 4.0. Great bike, but over 4 years old. One of my top wants is a belt drive, on a classic framed commuter bike. Allant 9S looks the part.

No way I would swap out the 12 speed, chain driven drive train on my Allant 9.9S, with its 510% gear range, for the Nuvinci/Enviolo with its 380% gear range. If I lived somewhere flatter I might consider it but I live in a hilly area. The Enviolo is quite heavy, a joy to shift but lacks the low end climbing power as well as the top end speed. Yes the belt is nice with no need to clean and lube. I would rather have to put up with cleaning and lubing a lighter, faster and wider geared drive train. All that said, the 9.9S(speed) has only been available where class 3 ebikes are legal.

I modified my drive train on my 9.9S with an Onyx classic instant engagement hub, a Sram AXS wireless derailleur, and the 10-51 tooth XTR cassette (it came with the 10-45). XTR’s largest three cogs are made of lightweight aluminum with a special surface treatment that appears black. The middle five cogs are titanium, while the four smallest are steel. Altogether, the 10-51-tooth XTR cassette weighs in at a slim 367 grams. It is a spendy cassette but replacements are available for the four smallest steel cogs which are the ones that wear out first.

Last edited:
Back