2020 -Top 10 Ebikes With The Bafang G510 Ultra

Looks like the blade takes the Cake here for a commuter ebike. 52V, takes rack and fenders, plus but not fat tires, and looks good.

I could probably do without the belt and rohloff to save $2-3k, unless even the better chains snap every 3000 miles with the Ultra.

Thanks for the info. So how should I understand a 48V, 21a battery compared to a 52V battery with lower amps if both are about 1,000 w/h? Also, generally how low does the battery have to get before voltage/power to the motor start to drop? With my current Bosch setup I don’t notice any drop in power when the battery gets low.
Thanks, Edrummer. It looks like volts determine power and amps determine range/distance. But the video didn’t address amps. Am I right here?

Some interesting comments regarding efficiency in this article:

Makes sense now why some issues with the Ultra (and possibly other Bafang motors like the M600) can't simply be tuned away via programming. I was also surprised to see how much it might impact efficiency.

This may be very interesting for those interested in a stromer esque belt / rohloff HT ultra with upgraded controller:

It seems Luna is re-doing the Apex. Can't find any info about it, presumably has been discussed in non-public forums but sounds like it will be available to order once the photo shoot is done.

My guess is they are having Dengfu build it for them similar to the Luna X1, maybe a variant of the E06 frame to accommodate a dual battery.

Do any of the Bafang bikes have on option to ride with no pedal assist but throttle enabled?
I want to be able to pedal with no assist, but use the Throttle for a boost now and then.
Is the throttle usable with pedal assist zero.
I am informed in the Watt Wagons thread that this is possible on their bikes.

Last edited:
Do any of the Bafang bikes have on option to ride with no pedal assist but throttle enabled?
I want to be able to pedal with no assist, but use the Throttle for a boost now and then.
Is the throttle usable with pedal assist zero.
I am informed in the Watt Wagons thread that this is possible on their bikes.

I think this can be programmed, I know on my Sondors I can do this in PAS1, I can dial it back to like 5% if I want which is basically compensating for the heavier bike.
If you just want to peddle with no assist remember some of these bikes are up 25 pounds heavier than a standard bike, some assistance is always welcome. Especially if you have fat tires the rims and tires really start adding up a 4.5 tire begs for some assistance, but 2.6 tire not so much.

Last edited:
Looks like Sondors is coming out with a couple Ultra based bikes (Rockstar and LX). This may shake up the market if they can pull it off at reasonable prices. Saw this on some facebook forums, doesn't appear to be public yet but the models show up on the Sondor's support site in the drop downs list of bikes so seems legit.

1592511020207.png

1592511066953.png

Good looking bikes. Was there any information about rest of the components other than the motor?

byunbee, nope just what you see in the images. You can see it's the ultra motor but not stated anywhere. I'm guessing the announcement will come soon.

I guess it's their first foray into mid-drives. It'll definitely be interesting on how they implement it.

Amazing how not showing any wires or hoses makes almost any bike look good.
I've not seen a bike with wireless brakes before. ;)

Ha, unless you are Watt Wagons. The initial mockup for the superbike was dreadful looking without wires or rotors.

Back