2017 Voltbike Urban

Hi All,

The website is now updated showing the specs for the 2018 Urban. However, the pictures still show the current model. According to George at Voltbike, the new model will be available in 2 1/2 weeks. Below are photos of the new model provided by George. It doesn't appear to have a magnet to hold the bike in place while folded.

If anybody has any additional information, please share.

Thanks.

(Link Removed - Attachment No Longer Exists)

(Link Removed - Attachment No Longer Exists)

pictures attached

Attachments

• bike_1.jpg
    bike_1.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 772
  • bike_2.jpg
    bike_2.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 758
They better ship my order soon, if not I will cancel it and get a Evelo Quest Max.

Wow, that Evelo is nice. Cool features and practically double the price. Web site says they start shipping in late October.

Voltbike says the new Urban ships early October.

According to Voltbike, the mag wheels added 4kg (8.818 lbs.) to the bike. Hence, the reason why they went back to spoke wheels.

@Denis Shelston Yes, I would buy it again. I now have around 500km on it, and not a single issue. I don't think there is anything on the market right now that gives you so much value for the price. C$1,299 (US$1,059) for everything you get is such a great entry into ebikes for anyone. Even an extra battery is inexpensive at on $399 Cdn$. I also like that the Urban is much more stealthy than my Yukon 750 fatbike.

Also, I like the look of my all-black "mag" wheels more than the upcoming spoke wheels. It just looks a lot more sportier to me. However, @DenkiRider above says the spoke wheels will save 4 kg, which is nice.

That's so wonderful! I was debating between the the Urban, e-Joe Epik SE 2017 500 watt 48v, and the Magnum Premium. As much as I love the mag wheels, I'm thinking of getting those LED lights on the wheels and they usually only fit normal spokes. And I got a decent deal on the Epik SE for ~$1,300 free shipping and I thought that was close enough to choose it over the Urban @ $1,129 for US shipping. And way cheaper than the $1,899 that the Magnum Premium was going for. I was hoping Magnum was going to update the Premium at Interbike this year (since they released it at Interbike 2016 with no updates since then) and was very disappointed that they did not update anything on the Premium.

@Denis Shelston Yes, I would buy it again. I now have around 500km on it, and not a single issue. I don't think there is anything on the market right now that gives you so much value for the price. C$1,299 (US$1,059) for everything you get is such a great entry into ebikes for anyone. Even an extra battery is inexpensive at on $399 Cdn$. I also like that the Urban is much more stealthy than my Yukon 750 fatbike.

Also, I like the look of my all-black "mag" wheels more than the upcoming spoke wheels. It just looks a lot more sportier to me. However, @DenkiRider above says the spoke wheels will save 4 kg, which is nice.

Thank you so much for this update. I think my wife will be happy with the Urban.

I think George @Voltbike needs to update the pictures on their website. They are still show pictures from 2 generations ago with the old spoke wheels that Court reviewed years ago. The recently replaced model has the mag wheels (I have this model), and the current (2018) models are not showing at all.

Last edited:
I think George @Voltbike needs to update the pictures on their website. They are still show pictures from 2 generations ago with the old spoke wheels that Court reviewed years ago. The recently replaced model has the mag wheels (I have this model), and the current models are not showing at all.

Agreed.

Hello, whats the difference between the 2017 voltbike urban and the 2018 model posted in the website? I want to buy the urban but im still undecided. I need word of encouragement. Lol. Ive been looking at the website for the last 4 days but still advice from real owners although i already read this forum, i still need a fresh words from the owners of voltbike urban

I'm the same. I've been waiting for them to get to update their site. The pictures do not reflect the 2018 model.

I sent an email to Voltbike asking them to update it.

Shocking to see them be late with web updates... It's their only store :cool:

I'm the same. I've been waiting for them to get to update their site. The pictures do not reflect the 2018 model.

I sent an email to Voltbike asking them to update it.

Shocking to see them be late with web updates... It's their only store :cool:
Hello. Im itching to buy the voltbike urban. Any updates?

Here is what I got in a reply to my email.

------
We plan to update our pictures in the next 1 week or so.
I know that many people are confused. The new 2018 edition of the bike comes with standard rims with spokes and bigger battery 11.6Ah.
Also the handlebar is now wider, plus there is stand to keep the bike on the ground when folded.
Everything else is the same.

-------

Th
Here is what I got in a reply to my email.

------
We plan to update our pictures in the next 1 week or so.
I know that many people are confused. The new 2018 edition of the bike comes with standard rims with spokes and bigger battery 11.6Ah.
Also the handlebar is now wider, plus there is stand to keep the bike on the ground when folded.
Everything else is the same.

-------
thank you denis. What do you think? Are you gonna wait for the website update before jumping in

Back