2015 Turbo Kickstand Help

jbike01

Region
USA
I feel embarrassed to ask this, but can someone point me in the direction of finding the bolts for the kickstand on a 2015 Turbo? Mine has loosened quite a bit and I cannot find them. The manual doesn’t point it out and Google isn’t giving me any answers. There is a cover over the center of it on the frame that looks like it could pop off but after making an attempt to pry it’s not budging. There is a bolt that sits behind the rear wheel but I’d have to remove the wheel to get to it which doesn’t seem logical.

Thanks in advance.

I have never removed my kick stand. The cover on the top of the frame has a very small 2mm screw holding it on. After looking at mine, the small screw is also very difficult to access with a standard screw driver because of the seat tube. The hex head bolt behind the wheel is for the fender.

Quoted from the web page below:

(After slowly and carefully removing the kickstand, I have realized that unless it is absolutely necessary, don’t ever remove it. It is tedious because of the frame angles to loosen and tighten the 8mm hex bolt and I found that it didn’t improve access to the electronics and pressure plate under the bottom bracket. It is a very sturdy dual kickstand that stays tight and balances great.).

Last edited:
Ha, I was just logging in to say that was it. The screw had been covered over with dirt so I had to scrape that out enough to get a hold of it, then it was indeed a PITA to tighten that 8mm given the angles as mentioned in your link. Thank you for that though.

I wouldn’t have bothered with it had it not work itself loose.

Back