2014 Currie IZIP E3 DASH

The Dash visits the Boston Arboretum:

izip-e3-dash-overlook.jpg izip-e3-dash-in-boston.jpg

Brian,
Sorry for the confusion. The intention was to have the LCD display diagnostics show both a battery percentage and also the remaining ampere hours but we've since learned that the more simple LCD display diagnostics cannot accurately read the remaining AH in the battery. That said, we have determined to not utilize this final diagnostics test but rather let the customers use the standard readings that the display gives in Battery Bars and Range along with diagnostics test #8 to best determine remaining battery capacity. We are working towards removing test #9 from the systems diagnostics as it causes this exact confusion.

It is my understanding that the only way to get an accurate AH meter is to use instead an AH Monitor, which has memory enough to keep a log of amps in and amps out and is smart enough to calculate what's in the battery and how long it will last. I think that's what you get with BMW i3 or Tesla BEV's.

Brian,
I think you might be right, but for the time being, we cannot rely on the diagnostics test. I bet if you run the test a couple time over a couple charge cycles, you'll get very different results.

Currie Tech,
Thanks for the info.....How come the range on some bikes read (PAS 1.. 42miles) and some read 48 or more? Just curious - it seems the bikes that read more miles also show ( test #9) more AH. When charged my bike in PAS 1 reads 42...Anyway I can get that higher?

Thanks
Justin

I'm a bit unclear of your question, but simply put, each bike format uses a different means to merge pedal force with motor force, and will give each rider on each bike a different result. The Zuma and Vibe reads pedal speed, with a couple motor power settings to respond, but does not read pedal force like a Dash or Eflow. The range listed is a wide spectrum because we can not be sure how much or how little each rider will push. To best increase the range, use little or no motor force when accelerating from a stop. Once you're in motion, adjust the motor power upward. Just like accelerating hard in a car will give you far less gas mileage.

Bcz my bike reads in range mode 42 miles in PAS 1 when charged 100% and others read 47 or more miles - I was just wondering if my bike was not charging all the way bcz my max range on PAS 1 has never been over 42 and others get 5 or more miles per charge.

I understand how if works and thanks for explaining.

My Bike is amazing and thanks for the quick response.

Justin

Currie Tech,

As I look back and read form some people that own the Dash...The people with a higher range (PAS 1 ) also have a higher AH......for example Jarrod when charged 100% gets 48 miles and a 8.2 AH.....Justin when charged 100% reads 42 miles with 7.2 AH....and Brian reads 41 miles with 7.0. The lower the AH reads the lower the range is.....Does the miles and range have anything to do with the AH's?

Thanks

Justin,
Technically you are correct, but only IF the system was capable to properly read the AH that was actually available in the battery, which we now have learned it is not. Also, each time you run the test you will get a variety of numbers due to the poor calculation. The miles available is also a continuously changing number based on what's in the pack, how much motor power you're using, and how much pedal force you're helping with. This can change by the second and never be a static number that can be relied upon. I'm sorry to be so vague, but there are just far too many variables to just take one tiny snap-shot to go with.

Got it...Thanks : )

I just want to make sure "my" bike is at its best!! All good LOVE MY BIKE!!!

Hope they make a 48v higher AH bat for the Dash.....say 48v12AH?? that would be great and I would buy one. Again thanks for the info : )

Justin

Justin,
Be proud of your new bike, and put piles of miles on it with confidence! The MSRP on the 8.8 Battery is about $590, so at current market value, I'm not sure you would want to buy something 50% bigger energy density, if it existed!

I have and will continue to put LOTS of miles on the bad boy!!

It doesn't existed - I was just wondering if they will make a Bat for the Dash with More AH - so the bike can get more range...That's all. Thanks again!

Justin,
Battery tech is an ever-evolving thing. It's always a matter of energy density, vs cycle life, vs space available, vs price.

I second the question about a battery upgrade for the dash, as far as I'm concerned, The only thing that the dash is missing is an option for extended range battery. Hopefully Larry Pizzi, Currie Tech CEO could shed some light on this.

Also is there anyone out there who knows where I can buy a spare battery for my izip e3 dash? please post me a link or phone number.I Want to buy a spare, to keep in my backpack as I'm replacing my car with the dash I live in Tampa Fl and hate rush hour traffic! My bike arrives in 3 more days, cant wait! Thanks Currie tech for making the perfect ebike I will be recommending to everyone!

Back