2000km review of Charger GX Touring

Tbone

Here's the full review:

https://worstwriter.com/2017/08/14/pseudo-review-3-rm-charger-gx-touring-2000km-and-counting/

Here's the short version:

My R&M GX is holding up without flaw. Approaching need of new rear tire. Absolutely love the Brooks B17 saddle. Never even had to fill tires with air. The brakes are brilliant and work as though they are new. Although still an expensive bike, I'd buy another without second thought. Oh wait. We did that. My wife's Charge Mixte Nuvinci is also still running great--but she's only got about 700km on it.

Rant and ride on.

-T

Yes nice write up and bike insights. Seems odd that back tire is already worn. I passed 1500 miles on my Charger this week and my tires look new (different tires of course). From the pictures, it looks like you might be carrying more weight on the rear than I do ... maybe that contributes to the wear (?).

Here's the full review:

https://worstwriter.com/2017/08/14/pseudo-review-3-rm-charger-gx-touring-2000km-and-counting/

Here's the short version:

My R&M GX is holding up without flaw. Approaching need of new rear tire. Absolutely love the Brooks B17 saddle. Never even had to fill tires with air. The brakes are brilliant and work as though they are new. Although still an expensive bike, I'd buy another without second thought. Oh wait. We did that. My wife's Charge Mixte Nuvinci is also still running great--but she's only got about 700km on it.

Rant and ride on.

-T
Thoroughly enjoying your reviews! I agree that these R&M machines are really nice. With 2500 miles on my Delite GX, I'm still (dare I say this) delighted with the bike. Doing 90% of my riding - mostly commuting - on the road, I did swap out the Rock Razors for Super Moto tires early on. The Rock Razors were just fine on the road and worked well off, but I was having puncture issues . . . but what do you expect here in NY, where the streets are strewn with all sorts of interesting tire biting debris. I am wondering, though, why/how your friend is "struggling" with his Rohloff.

Gear shifting on the Rohloff is a bit annoying, but that's the price for getting a Rohloff. Going into neutral on Rohloff is not funny and potentially dangerous. They've now got an electronic shifting system out, hope it makes onto R&M bikes (XTR Di2 already did).

Back