1st New ebike today.

Slowpoke

When my LBS opens at 10 am this morning I will be picking up my 1st new ebike.A Riese & Muller Superdelite NuVinci.Its my dream bike at a dream price.I have been riding a used hardtail fatbike for 13 months now and 2300 miles.So many good bikes to choose from and direct sales vs LBS.Class 1,2,and 3's.Felt like my head was spinning.Another member referred to this as "analysis paralysis"Yep thats me.With countless hours of reading and researching this forum and the sister review site I finally made a decision.The weather is good today and I'm certain I will get my 35 mile ride on the bike today.Will post a pic later tonite.

Yes,2 times on the Delite,a Magnum cruiser,I rented an Izip for a day,and also a Rad cargo bike for a day.My local shop offereded a test ride many more.

Your new ebike is going to seem like you're riding a Saturn rocket compared to your hardtail fatbike.
Enjoy the ride!

So jealous!! Weeks to go for ours to arrive, hope you get some great cycling weather and very happy for you. Look forward to reading how big your smile is 😊

Got my new bike,we topped off the battery's and I headed to Lower Huron Metro Park near NewBoston.Saturn rocked is pretty good descripton.A world of difference of torque sensing vs my cadence sensor.In eco mode I was easly getting 16-18 mph vs 11-13 on cadence pass 1.The suspension is way more than I hoped for.The factory air pressure settings are right in the middle and at 160 lbs I don't need to change them.As I started off the range estimate climbed from 70 mi and after about 4 miles settled at 126 miles.It dropped down to 106 then started climbing again.When I finished with 30.3 miles the range was at 124 miles.temperature was 36-39 F.Areas that I would normaly slow down for rough pavement I found I can ride right through them now.I do have the gen 3 motor but Jim at H.E.H shop here in Ypsilanti assured me R&M will support these bikes for 10 years.Also he himself just bought a Load75 cargo bike so I'm not worried at all for support.I'm so lucky to have a great local bike shop 20 miles from me.Also this forum was so helpful in educating me on everything ebike.I am so happy with this new bike.Oh one more thing,I rode about 5 miles with power off and easly maintained 11-14 mph.I beleive I could ride 35 miles with no power on this nearly flat ground.

Attachments

• IMG_20191228_120120391_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20191228_120120391_HDR.jpg
    547 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_20191228_143633522_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20191228_143633522_HDR.jpg
    737.4 KB · Views: 398
Wishing you many miles and many smiles on your new steed. That great feeling you get when you saddle up on your delight doesn't fade away.

Nice ride indeed. By chance, if you happen to know, is H.E.H located close to or along the Washtenaw County Border-to-Border trail? I was thinking of heading over there (from Royal Oak) on the next fair weather day to ride that route and would like to stop in at H.E.H.

Nice ride indeed. By chance, if you happen to know, is H.E.H located close to or along the Washtenaw County Border-to-Border trail? I was thinking of heading over there (from Royal Oak) on the next fair weather day to ride that route and would like to stop in at H.E.H.
Yes its about 150 yards by the way crows fly.Right next door to the City Bldg

Back