Considering E-Glide

Sanford Shultz

Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum and live in Miami. Im considering either the E-Glide ST or the Juiced Cross Current S. Here in Fl we have no hills, just hot weather. Im leaning more towards the E-Glide since Juiced had some quality issues early on, and they seem to be perpetually out of stock. Has anyone on the forum ever considered the Cross Current S? Id be interested in knowing your thoughts. Thanks!

I have an E glide and I love it. Plenty of power and range. Zero problems. It just does what it is suppose to do. Dave is a great guy to deal with. I think that it is the best bang for the buck out there.

Both are pretty comparable specs wise and price wise. I give a edge to the Juiced bike because of a little more power, Torque sensor and little more battery. I think Juiced is offering free shipping which if true would save you $175 over the E-Glide. I know the new RipCurrent and OceanCurrent ship for free. That being said, you really have to watch Juiced shipping times on pre-orders. They have not always been very accurate or even close to accurate.

Last edited:
I’ve ridden over 700 miles since buying my S/T late last summer, 2017. I can’t say enough good things about this bike. My biking buddies, six of them, all bought the same bike, with another order now on its way. We all added the optional handlebar raiser, a larger front sprocket and the best tires. We often ride 30-40 miles per trip and return home with juice to spare. This is a powerful bike. Just love it. Call Dave, he’s great to work with. For those in the Northern California area, I’m based 25 miles east of Sacramento in Granite Bay. Always happy to let you test ride my bike. Roland.

Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum and live in Miami. Im considering either the E-Glide ST or the Juiced Cross Current S. Here in Fl we have no hills, just hot weather. Im leaning more towards the E-Glide since Juiced had some quality issues early on, and they seem to be perpetually out of stock. Has anyone on the forum ever considered the Cross Current S? Id be interested in knowing your thoughts. Thanks!
Whichever you choose, don't store the battery in a garage, keep it in a/c house or fridge. Heat affects battery life.

Just a note on my experience with e-glide st. I am 81 years old and weigh 280 lbs. I had lost most of the pleasure of biking, being broken down by age and weight, not to mention having three trek fx's stolen. I bought the ST in May of 2017 and began riding around Salt Lake City on the relatively flat ground covering about 14 miles per ride at a PAS of 1 or 2, averaging about 11 mph. I have ridden about 1500 miles with no problems. This year I increased my duration and grade. In the last week, I have ridden two rides one of 17 miles with 1200 vertical feet and one of fifteen miles with 1800 vertical. I am amazed by what the motor and battery can do. E glide and dave have been very helpful and the interaction has been totally positive.

I purchased my Eglide ST last September, 2017 and have ridden over 1500 miles since. No problems. My friends, most aged in mid 70’s were so impressed that we now have 12 Egliders in my group and often try to ride together. Amazing to see 12 STs on the road at the same time and place. I don’t think any other manufacturer can boast that? Can’t say enough about this bike and the quality of the components. I agree with others, best bang for the buck and Dave is the best to deal with.
Sacramento area EGlide Group.

I should have added that we tend to ride about 25 to 30 miles each time out and always come back with plenty of battery to spare. We ride mainly in number 2 and in power level. My personal average per charge is a little over 40 miles but I’ve never had less than two bars showing on return so I know there’s still more juice to be used. One of our members is getting 70 miles per charge but he rides only in number 1 and uses only throttle to climb hills.

Attachments

• E006D0BD-BE77-401A-A6AF-793ED98F839D.jpeg
    E006D0BD-BE77-401A-A6AF-793ED98F839D.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 503
Back