Zen Samurai - Built in Canada - shipping since June 2022

We have had many requests for upgrades: Nyon, Kinekt seatpost, Tires, Brakes, Lights, Dual battery, etc. At that point, it would be quite challenging to build a precise online configurator as the permutation and combination can be quite complex.
We are trying to make it as simple and painless as possible. Also, calling our pre-order customers and keeping them abreast of all the developments is something we take seriously :)
What's the tire upgrade(s) option? How much extra is the dual battery option? The upgrade brakes are the Hayes MT5 hydraulic brakes? With the options I want, I think I'm might be hitting $10K Canadian(I'm including taxes).

Last edited:
We are trying to make it as simple and painless as possible. Also, calling our pre-order customers and keeping them abreast of all the developments is something we take seriously :)
Any updates as to the current status of the Samurai production?

Any updates as to the current status of the Samurai production?

I'm assuming that frames are still in China, but glad you asked the question. It's been on my mind too!

We have air-lifted 20 frames and they arrive here next week, get powder-coated and delivery begins in June.
Another container of frames is scheduled to sail on May 25th to Montreal.
You will be able to see more frequent updates regarding delivery on our social media pages :)

Hi @Ravi Kempaiah . Hope all is well. As Shanghai is out of lockdown, I'm curious to know if your frames have made it from the factory to the port or if they are on the water? It would be great to have an ETA on the builds and expected shipment.

Also, can you let me know if your board member has a sample Samurai in the Washington DC area for me to view/test?

Hi @Ravi Kempaiah . Hope all is well. As Shanghai is out of lockdown, I'm curious to know if your frames have made it from the factory to the port or if they are on the water? It would be great to have an ETA on the builds and expected shipment.

Also, can you let me know if your board member has a sample Samurai in the Washington DC area for me to view/test?

Hi Adil,
Thanks for this note. here are the latest updates:
  • 20 frames arrived 10 days ago. See the pictures below from 10 days ago.
  • 3 frames got powder coated
  • These will go to early pre-order customers starting this month and our team has started reaching out to pre-order customers. You will be contacted soon.
  • 175 frames are on the boat reaching us July 1st week
1654879429074.png

Hi Adil,
Thanks for this note. here are the latest updates:
  • 20 frames arrived 10 days ago. See the pictures below from 10 days ago.
  • 3 frames got powder coated
  • These will go to early pre-order customers starting this month and our team has started reaching out to pre-order customers. You will be contacted soon.
  • 175 frames are on the boat reaching us July 1st week
View attachment 125620
Uh oh. Having to build 195 ebikes from scratch is gonna take some of the fun out of being a mfg. It should be fun inventing jigs, etc. to make builds go faster and be consistent. Like a modern day Henry Ford.

Uh oh. Having to build 195 ebikes from scratch is gonna take some of the fun out of being a mfg. It should be fun inventing jigs, etc. to make builds go faster and be consistent. Like a modern day Henry Ford.

Thanks, Barry.
Our second batch of frames is scheduled for September delivery and that will be 175 frames again. So, it gives us time to ship this initial batch before we receive the second batch.
We just received 20 FOX forks and you being a fan of FOX might like this new AWL fork.

Hello Samurai riders.
We are eager to get the bike in your hands.
Quick updates:
  • We are working with UPS to sign an agreement so we can ship all E-bikes with the right customs declaration into the US.
    This process is not trivial. The end user will not have to pay for shipping, which is wonderful.
  • Samurai bikes are in production, and bikes are getting built every day. The colors look great!
    So, for those who made the pre-order, if you get an email about your payment, it means your bike is almost ready.
    For example, four bikes were built today and are currently waiting for decals, final inspection, and packaging.

1658452377586.png

• Powder coated frames are waiting to get on the assembly rig.
    Please note, there are hundreds of frames about to land in Halifax. They get powercoated in Canada. So, if you are looking for a specific color, we could do that as an upgrade.
    We can also customize the suspension fork, lights, Bosch displays and batteries on your bike. Please don't hesitate to reach out.

1658452356909.png

Hello Samurai riders.
We are eager to get the bike in your hands.
Quick updates:
  • We are working with UPS to sign an agreement so we can ship all E-bikes with the right customs declaration into the US.
    This process is not trivial. The end user will not have to pay for shipping, which is wonderful.
  • Samurai bikes are in production, and bikes are getting built every day. The colors look great!
    So, for those who made the pre-order, if you get an email about your payment, it means your bike is almost ready.
    For example, four bikes were built today and are currently waiting for decals, final inspection, and packaging.

View attachment 129728

• Powder coated frames are waiting to get on the assembly rig.
    Please note, there are hundreds of frames about to land in Halifax. They get powercoated in Canada. So, if you are looking for a specific color, we could do that as an upgrade.
    We can also customize the suspension fork, lights, Bosch displays and batteries on your bike. Please don't hesitate to reach out.

View attachment 129727
@Ravi Kempaiah What would you estimate the cost of customizing the paint color? Nothing crazy, just one color (white).

Very awesome bike.
I love how closely it sounds like you are working with the customers.

Cool name too……customer can say “I ride a SAMURAI!!!” 😎

Good luck! I’ll have to check you out when I’m ready for ebike #2!

Ravi,
How are things progressing on the step thru model with throttle?
We are building a limited edition step-thru for a large B2B client, and those bikes are expected to land here next month.
These are very good bikes for the money.
Our Shakti step-thru bikes are expected to arrive in larger quantities towards the end of the year.
We may have a few media/demo bikes if you would like to try that. Thanks.

On of the best bike on paper I have seen. I say on paper ie spec wise because I have not yet ridden it in real life.

I test rode Serial 1 and felt a lot fo drag/resistance on Enviolo. Wondering how does Rohloff feel ?

I definitely want to buy one of these.

We are building a limited edition step-thru for a large B2B client, and those bikes are expected to land here next month.
These are very good bikes for the money.
Our Shakti step-thru bikes are expected to arrive in larger quantities towards the end of the year.
We may have a few media/demo bikes if you would like to try that. Thanks.
Yes,
I would be interested in a media/demo bike.

A few folks in the US must have received their shipment notification.
These are the Enviolo-heavy duty bikes (Jan-2022 preorder batch) we are shipping this week and premium orders will be going out next.
Super excited to get these bikes in the hands of early customers and enthusiasts. Your support is greatly appreciated.

1659991697120.png

Back